C8 Z06 revealed!

Rod

Just now, BOHICA said:

Looks like a voodoo…. DOHC flat plane crank.

bad part is it has less torque then a base level stingray…. Or about any other v8 in sport car market

I think it's a sweet car, but I'd take a Plaid waaaay before the vette if I was in the market for something like that. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I think it's a sweet car, but I'd take a Plaid waaaay before the vette if I was in the market for something like that. 

But you're not because you have no balls/masculinity left. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Looks like a voodoo…. DOHC flat plane crank.

bad part is it has less torque then a base level stingray…. Or about any other v8 in sport car market

I can’t think of any NA engine, of the same design, that has higher torque and similar hp, even in price classes that will double this cars price. There’s probably something out there but I bet there isn’t many and if there is, they are probably not much higher. High strung NA engines have never been about torque. Flat plane cranks are horrible for producing low end torque. 

The Z06 has always been about being a NA track car. That couldn’t happen in the C7 because their wasn’t enough room for an intake manifold capable of making the NA numbers that were wanted. So, in came a SC and the LT4. For instance, put an LT2 intake on and LT1, with no other mods, and see what happens. The Camaro guys are doing it all the time. This gen Z06 was to get back to its NA roots AND top the LT4 hp number. It did that. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I can’t think of any NA engine, of the same design, that has higher torque and similar hp, even in price classes that will double this cars price. There’s probably something out there but I bet there isn’t many and if there is, they are probably not much higher. High strung NA engines have never been about torque. Flat plane cranks are horrible for producing low end torque. 

The Z06 has always been about being a NA track car. That couldn’t happen in the C7 because their wasn’t enough room for an intake manifold capable of making the NA numbers that were wanted. So, in came a SC and the LT4. For instance, put an LT2 intake on and LT1, with no other mods, and see what happens. The Camaro guys are doing it all the time. This gen Z06 was to get back to its NA roots AND top the LT4 hp number. It did that. 

I see NA as kind of a gay part of motorsports.  Why not through a forced induction 6.2 that has more hp and torque.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It is cool,,  but every time I see a new vette I don’t see special.  The c7 was special. The c8 has the YouTube channel special vibe but not the Americana special vibe. These days the Tesla plaid has more sole then the zo6 

Edited by BOHICA

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I see NA as kind of a gay part of motorsports.  Why not through a forced induction 6.2 that has more hp and torque.  

Weight and thermal are two main reasons. 

The C7Z was a huge problem child on track. Especially if it had an auto trans. GM actually bought quite a few back because of this. Without aftermarket mods, you couldn’t make more than a handful of hard laps without most of the fluid temps at redline. Even with aftermarket mods they were still super hot boxes. Believe it or not, a lot of people buy Z06’s to actually track them. Those people, HATED the C7Z and either bought C7 GS cars and modded the shit out of them, or bought something different because of it. 

Nothing for nothing, this car will sell like hotcakes. Look at the Blackwing cars. Look at all the HiPo versions of other manufacturers cars too. People still want fossil fueled, new tech, factory built hot rods. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It is cool,,  but every time I see a new vette I don’t see special.  The c7 was special. The c8 has the YouTube channel special vibe but not the Americana special vibe. These days the Tesla plaid has more sole then the zo6 

Everything is a YT special anymore. It’s the new age of the world, period. Teslas are no different.