Boomers don't do Facebook. Neither do the youngins'. This leaves the in-betweeners.

“Most young adults perceive Facebook as a place for people in their 40s and 50s,” a March presentation from a team of data scientists said, according to The Verge. “Young adults perceive content as boring, misleading, and negative. They often have to get past irrelevant content to get to what matters.”

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

• ActionfigureJoe changed the title to Boomers don't do Facebook. Neither do the youngins'. This leaves the in-betweeners.
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Marketplace is a great tool.   Only reason I'm on it. I've sold a jeep, 2 motocross bikes and 2 snowmobiles in the past year and half.   None lasted a week and all of them I got asking price.  

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Marketplace is a great tool.   Only reason I'm on it. I've sold a jeep, 2 motocross bikes and 2 snowmobiles in the past year and half.   None lasted a week and all of them I got asking price.  

Marketplace would be the only reason I would ever consider using Facebook but it still hasnt been enough to sway me. Good ole Craigslist still works fine found my mint Pro S last year. 

36 years old never had it. Both my Boomer Parents use Facebook for years now so Id say this thread is BS like usual from TDS Joe. 

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Many here still have dial up as that's all that's available, or they do Satellite internet.

I've lived remote enough to where there was no cell reception or internet except Satellite. Most days I wish I were still back there too  :thumb: 

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep - Marketplace is the primary reason I go on Facebook, too.  I've bought and sold numerous items using it as Craigslist has pretty much died now.  I do use Facebook to keep in touch with family members, and it's also good for the local sports stuff for the kids.  Beyond that, I agree it's terrible ... and can understand why kids don't use it (they're clearly using Instagram and Snapchat).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I've lived remote enough to where there was no cell reception or internet except Satellite. Most days I wish I were still back there too  :thumb: 

Cell phone don't work here, that is until I bought a $2,300 amp. and amps for 2 of my trucks.

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yep - Marketplace is the primary reason I go on Facebook, too.  I've bought and sold numerous items using it as Craigslist has pretty much died now.  I do use Facebook to keep in touch with family members, and it's also good for the local sports stuff for the kids.  Beyond that, I agree it's terrible ... and can understand why kids don't use it (they're clearly using Instagram and Snapchat).

I've never understood why people want others so involved in their lives.   From the vacations to every single thing their kids do is to be honest a bit strange.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

They installed fiber optics about 1/2 mile from here so about 8 years ago dial up at my home was ended, still not very fast internet but much better now.

Not sure there is any good internet in Northern Wisconsin.   Its is terrible in Vilas county.   Thinking of trying Starlink once its available in that area. 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've never understood why people want others so involved in their lives.   From the vacations to every single thing their kids do is to be honest a bit strange.

I watch tourists near here that rent $850-$1,000 cabins then sit outside every day playing on their phones.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not sure there is any good internet in Northern Wisconsin.   Its is terrible in Vilas county.   Thinking of trying Starlink once its available in that area. 

1 of my daughters lives in Medford, she has crazy fast internet compared to us here. I'm close to Clam Lake, 17 mile away, Hayward 23 miles.

Edited by XCR1250

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

1 of my daughters lives in Medford, she has crazy fast internet compared to us here. I'm close to Clam Lake, 17 mile away, Hayward 23 miles.

Northern Vilas is shit.   You would think it would be good with Minocqua and Eagle River so close it would be better.   We are kind of in the middle of nowhere. 

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I watch tourists near here that rent $850-$1,000 cabins then sit outside every day playing on their phones.

Big thing for renters is when the weather is crappy.....at least that what show's up on our reviews.   Something to keep the kids entertained I guess.   We get about $650 a night and its sucks not having better internet for them. 

Another vote for marketplace.  Between kijiji and mp, I can sell anything within a few days. 

My last mp purchase, this jetboard was literally 10 houses away in my neighborhood, and dirt cheap. A lot of work to get it running properly, but only a couple hundred in parts. 

815040D6-1B6E-46C9-B02A-3741E63F7F40.jpeg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Northern Vilas is shit.   You would think it would be good with Minocqua and Eagle River so close it would be better.   We are kind of in the middle of nowhere. 

I'm in the middle of the National forest.

44 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I used to sled there in the late 70's-80's.

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Another vote for marketplace.  Between kijiji and mp, I can sell anything within a few days. 

My last mp purchase, this jetboard was literally 10 houses away in my neighborhood, and dirt cheap. A lot of work to get it running properly, but only a couple hundred in parts. 

815040D6-1B6E-46C9-B02A-3741E63F7F40.jpeg

Thats pretty sweet ...what is top speed approximately?