HHMMMM......wonder what we will find this time........

taperk600

Picked up the 22 RR today.....and dropped it off at the dyno immediately after...........

Tore the ADAPT apart to look inside. Interesting in many ways.....

More to come once we get out of break-in and can start getting some pulls on it.......

2021-10-25 14.44.25.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Taperk600 - you a tuner or racer or ? Just asking cause not many  private people pull right onto dyno, yet i know a few do. Just getting s jist so i know while following thread. I like this stuff. :thumbs

50 minutes ago, CFM said:

Taperk600 - you a tuner or racer or ? Just asking cause not many  private people pull right onto dyno, yet i know a few do. Just getting s jist so i know while following thread. I like this stuff. :thumbs

Just a guy with a bunch of good friends.....LOL.....

Stay tuned.....depending on how I feel about how this goes here, will depend on what I post..............

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Just remember, a good dishonest dyno operator can give you the results you are looking for, whether you want great bragging numbers, or piss poor ones, cause you hate the brand. LOL

This isn't his first rodeo.  Show some respect, watch and you might learn something from him.

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Just remember, a good dishonest dyno operator can give you the results you are looking for, whether you want great bragging numbers, or piss poor ones, cause you hate the brand. LOL

And these are the comments that result in guys not sharing their knowledge......

I'm not looking for any bragging rights, specific numbers, or anything else. And I have zero reason to share what we find with anyone here.

BTW---- the dyno "operator" is a friend who I have known 30+ yrs. And I have know the shop he is at for my whole life.....and they have a terrific reputation. No reason for anyone to distort what we find. But also need to remember every dyno is different. And every day on the dyno is different from any other. Different air temps, densities, etc...... it's all just a snap shot of that day and time......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Looking forward to what @taperk600 posts ... he's definitely one of the "good guys" when it comes to this stuff.  I hope you get the results (or better) that you're expecting, Tom!!

Thanks Bontz. Not so much looking for anything different than the 20 or 21 as far as results. More looking at what's different. So far, zip on the motor. Numbers are following the same as the past 2 seasons. But the new clutches will be....... track dyno will show if they are better or not. Shop already located a couple areas to focus on, etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Excited to hear more feedback about the new clutch as the season goes.  Sleeper change for 22?

I am very interested to see how these perform also. Found a couple questionable internals so far but it looks like the primary could be much more efficient over past ones. 

Not sure on a sleeper......basically doing the same as I've done on my 20 & 21..... with a few improvements found along the way...... full exhaust, breathers, head mod, ECU adjustments, etc........... get into the 170s and I'll be okay. Don't need the 180s like my 18 and 19 were.......

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

This isn't his first rodeo.  Show some respect, watch and you might learn something from him.

;)

Yes it is..........

And I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night......

AND..... for those who know this one......... I'm good at everything except the things that I can't do 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

I am very interested to see how these perform also. Found a couple questionable internals so far but it looks like the primary could be much more efficient over past ones. 

Not sure on a sleeper......basically doing the same as I've done on my 20 & 21..... with a few improvements found along the way...... full exhaust, breathers, head mod, ECU adjustments, etc........... get into the 170s and I'll be okay. Don't need the 180s like my 18 and 19 were.......

I'll be interested in one or more than one if they turn out good.  Looks like the clutch is cheaper than the team.  And the weights are way cheaper!  $7 each vs $55 each.

Wish they'd make one in 30mm too for the older sleds but I won't hold my breath

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taperk600 said:

Yes it is..........

And I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night......

AND..... for those who know this one......... I'm good at everything except the things that I can't do 

Look forward to seeing the baseline and incremental improvement in each stage again.  

I still refernce settings and things you and others tested tried and dialed in on the SP's, and adjust for personal preferences and local conditions.  Also thanks to you, I got to learn about the pleasure of rebuilding the 720 mod engine last winter. :lol:

Keep the beta and conversation coming, hopefully we can drag Procross 225, Techmaples, and Joey over here as well to keep the useful information flowing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Look forward to seeing the baseline and incremental improvement in each stage again.  

I still refernce settings and things you and others tested tried and dialed in on the SP's, and adjust for personal preferences and local conditions.  Also thanks to you, I got to learn about the pleasure of rebuilding the 720 mod engine last winter. :lol:

Keep the beta and conversation coming, hopefully we can drag Procross 225, Techmaples, and Joey over here as well to keep the useful information flowing. 

And Joe and Jim

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bontz said:

In defense of @Frostynuts .. I do think he was just trying to make a joke and get a laugh.  Not throwing any discredit to the shop/operator that @taperk600 is using.  At least that's how I'm reading his comment.

Exactly, people need to lighten up, in these troubled times. Thanks Bontz. I,m looking forward to seeing the track dyno results, along with what all is new, and better.

Crappy day for some stock testing on Tuesday .......... high 40s, pouring rain, crap air quality........ but with all things being equal, seeing about the same as we had been seeing with the Cat Ctec2 800 the past 2 years...... 

1st chart is all stock, just out of the rev limiter and in full break-in

2nd chart is after more run time, still in break-in but less added fuel (still full added oil)

3rd chart is with Bullseyes, D&D stock reflash (still in break-in).

So on this day, with these crappy weather conditions, we saw the additional airflow and better mapping gave us +/- 10 hp

22 01 stock in break-in.jpeg

22 02 stock extra fuel off.jpeg

22 03 bullseyes and stock flash.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like 8100 is the sweet spot.  Graph #1 illustrates what kind of power the sleds have at the shootout, which I feel is silly.  They should allow Jim at DTR to get all the sleds competing out of break in mode and keep them under lock and key until race day imo. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Looks like 8100 is the sweet spot.  Graph #1 illustrates what kind of power the sleds have at the shootout, which I feel is silly.  They should allow Jim at DTR to get all the sleds competing out of break in mode and keep them under lock and key until race day imo. 

Or just get hot ecu's from one manufacturer

• Haha 2

Still mid-high 40 degree temps....but at least it wasn't pouring out today.......

A few more ponies on this one....... and a nice wide band....... Wish it was in the 30s today...........

22 04 Bulls, modified pipe, head, flash.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Still mid-high 40 degree temps....but at least it wasn't pouring out today.......

A few more ponies on this one....... and a nice wide band....... Wish it was in the 30s today...........

22 04 Bulls, modified pipe, head, flash.jpeg

bullseyes, riot pipe flash, and still in break-in? 

when does the pipe go on?

good #'s Tom

Edited by Crnr2Crnr