Teaching kids to have self esteem

Rod

Who is teaching.it?  The indoctrination centers that can’t seem to stick to a core curriculum and get us into the top ten world percentile in math and science?  I guess if you can’t do your job well, make up another to make you feel virtuous.

kids don’t really have much worth if you ask me.  That has to be earned…like respect.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Who is teaching.it?  The indoctrination centers that can’t seem to stick to a core curriculum and get us into the top ten world percentile in math and science?  I guess if you can’t do your job well, make up another to make you feel virtuous.

kids don’t really have much worth if you ask me.  That has to be earned…like respect.

Kinda what I’m thinking. Shouldn’t they be taught to be competent, and self esteem will naturally follow?

id think that telling people to have a high reverence of themselves for no reason isn’t a good long term plan 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Kinda what I’m thinking. Shouldn’t they be taught to be competent, and self esteem will naturally follow?

id think that telling people to have a high reverence of themselves for no reason isn’t a good long term plan 

Exactly, like what you do with your son, you gave him confidence in fixing up that old truck, putting that motor in that sled, and when he steps back and looks at his finished project the self esteem will come naturally as he will be proud of his accomplishment

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Sooner or later, people want to see results and past accomplishments.  Our liberals teaching the “Jack Handy” method just makes for angry and bitter adults who really don’t have answers when people ask them what they’ve done in life.

Yes, self esteem comes from confidence.  Confidence comes from accomplishments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Exactly, like what you do with your son, you gave him confidence in fixing up that old truck, putting that motor in that sled, and when he steps back and looks at his finished project the self esteem will come naturally as he will be proud of his accomplishment

Yeah. Have to not just teach kids to do things, but let them do things. Fuckin people bubble wrap their damn kids now. 

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Yeah. Have to not just teach kids to do things, but let them do things. Fuckin people bubble wrap their damn kids now. 

I agree 100%, I definitely do not coddle my kids, learn from your mistakes, if you need help or have a question, I'll give you some guidance, but step it up and be the man or woman I've shaped you to be

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who exactly is supposed to do this? Teachers are expected to do this? 

See above, parents are talking about how we have raised our children

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

1/2 the parents out there should not be parents.

Ya know, we are here with a pretty good topic to chat about, we are all keeping it positive, and Debbie Downer has to show up and be a Karen..Fuck man attempt to be positive for once and get off the negative train and also state the obvious we all know exists

51 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ya know, we are here with a pretty good topic to chat about, we are all keeping it positive, and Debbie Downer has to show up and be a Karen..Fuck man attempt to be positive for once and get off the negative train and also state the obvious we all know exists

Oh look. Mr Rogers wants to have a serious topic on parenting. Better remind Zamski of the same. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Oh look. Mr Rogers wants to have a serious topic on parenting. Better remind Zamski of the same. 

That was a good one...:lol:

868e9e6f1fbac3f022248dc2f85ac4fe.jpg

Tonight,  I taught my 3 year old Granddaughter to play UNO .  
Kids today lack social skills. Learning how to positively interact with others will take you a lot farther in life than being a miserable asshole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Tonight,  I taught my 3 year old Granddaughter to play UNO .  
Kids today lack social skills. Learning how to positively interact with others will take you a lot farther in life than being a miserable asshole.

glances over at AFJ

• Gold Member

Nothing builds self esteem and confidence like ability. Teach kids how do to do the things they need to succeed in life and the self esteem will by and large take care of itself.

• Thanks 2