overhyped poor performing junk

28 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Well I still have you beat then.  Name a cat guy that melted down as hard as Northstar Rick did about the 840.  Multiple posts from him about it's a design failure issue, them bandaid'ing it, and polar bears.  This coming from the #1 Polaris fan and master mechanic that dealer techs go to!  Iirc they had alot of issues when new also that the spark plugs fouled like crazy.   But mostly for the catastrophic engine failures from design problems that at least three different things were changed in engine design for the following year 

Aaaaaaaaand all of this from something that was sold as being the most durable engine ever built.

A little flame out of exhaust after certain riding styles on some machines, from a brand that did not promise unmatched durability, does not compare.   Not even close.

As far as the Suzuki, yes it was reliable but I didn't care for the power character of that motor, cat has made better big cube motors than the 800ho.

Ricky vs Ramstad … your brand has them too 🤣

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Ricky vs Ramstad … your brand has them too 🤣

And then, the doofuktard who’s running hcs, so i’d say, the doofuktard is the worst.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Well I still have you beat then.  Name a cat guy that melted down as hard as Northstar Rick did about the 840.  Multiple posts from him about it's a design failure issue, them bandaid'ing it, and polar bears.  This coming from the #1 Polaris fan and master mechanic that dealer techs go to!  Iirc they had alot of issues when new also that the spark plugs fouled like crazy.   But mostly for the catastrophic engine failures from design problems that at least three different things were changed in engine design for the following year 

Aaaaaaaaand all of this from something that was sold as being the most durable engine ever built.

A little flame out of exhaust after certain riding styles on some machines, from a brand that did not promise unmatched durability, does not compare.   Not even close.

As far as the Suzuki, yes it was reliable but I didn't care for the power character of that motor, cat has made better big cube motors than the 800ho.

How many changes have been made to the latest Cat 800, that Catards waited forever for, Krom? 

For as disastrous as the internet made the 2019 Polaris sound, I'm shocked the only real issue I had was a shitty brake (rotor) they replaced under warranty.  Heck, the three in our group never even had the hard starting issue.  Then again, as I type this and think back to that sled I do recall the deflection/adjuster nut backing out on me and realizing it wasn't right during the initial break-in weekend.  That was a tough fix!!!   I will admit I was pissed when I was reading some of the posts back then, and what could potentially go wrong ... but the engine issues never came up for our crew.  I know that's probably a bummer & hard to believe for some of the Madcatters but such is life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

I would gladly take @krom doing the fishing vs. you, any day ... can you light up the bat signal to get him in here & you take a back seat? :lol:

I'm not always fishing, in fact I wasn't even fishing with this thread.  There's a million 'what's the best/fastest/coolest/etc.' but I can't recall seeing this one, and I had a few minutes to kill.

Content, it's all about content boy... :lol2:

Still haven't sorted out what's the biggest pos though as I was away from this sport for quite a while.