Alec Baldwin shoots two people, one fatally, during prop gun mishap on set of film

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Apparently propmaster announce cold gun.  Seems Baldwin did nothing wrong.  Another great job by a union member it appears :news:

Soooo if I hand YOU a gun and say "Cold Gun" or I checked it myself and it's unloaded and YOU point it at someone pull the trigger an shoot that person and that person dies YOU did nothing wrong.........  

• Like 1

It comes as the film crew revealed they walked off set hours before the fatal accident over safety fears after firearms were accidentally discharged three times - including once by Baldwin's stunt double who had been told the gun was not loaded, and twice in a closed cabin. 

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Apparently propmaster announce cold gun.  Seems Baldwin did nothing wrong.  Another great job by a union member it appears :news:

Yep.  That’s what I see.  Still, pointing the fine and pulling the trigger seems reckless especially for somebody so anti-gun.

Baldwin will eat this. The moron.

8 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Soooo if I hand YOU a gun and say "Cold Gun" or I checked it myself and it's unloaded and YOU point it at someone pull the trigger an shoot that person and that person dies YOU did nothing wrong.........  

I’m going to clear a gun even if the person handing it to me just cleared it in front of me.  But, I’m trained.  I wouldn’t expect a child to do the same….or anti gun advocates.  Neither should be handling any type of fire arm.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m going to clear a gun even if the person handing it to me just cleared it in front of me.  But, I’m trained.  I wouldn’t expect a child to do the same….or anti gun advocates.  Neither should be handling any type of fire arm.

That's the way I was taught, and watch who and what is in the direction the barrel/muzzle is pointed.....:thumbsup:

Edited by Jerry 976

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

That's the way I was taught, and watch who and what is in the direction the barrel/muzzle is pointed.....:thumbsup:

Well, clearly you aren’t a Hollywood anti-gun advocate playing tough guy with the very items you so vehemently oppose.

I guess we can’t call you a flaming hypocrite.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, clearly you aren’t a Hollywood anti-gun advocate playing tough guy with the very items you so vehemently oppose.

I guess we can’t call you a flaming hypocrite.

It's all the very first and basic gun safety Most of us were taught........... 

2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Naw.  Guns kill people!!!

I like much of Baldwins work on film but, I am immensely enjoying his visit with Karma.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Nothing will happen to him personally. It seems incomprehensible to anyone familiar with guns that it wasn’t required to be cleared by the person using it but I suppose that’s what the inexperienced armorer was trusted to do. It will be interesting to see what if any procedures were ignored and if the “walk out” really has to do with gun safety.  
 Good ol Alec. Big Democrat for the working folks right? Not on his watch! Off with the Union guys. Let’s bring in some scabs and cut corners.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

#1 rule Always handle every firearm as if it is fully loaded, a round chambered, and the safety is off. If you are not familiar with the firearm ask someone who knows how to properly handle that firearm to show you that the safety is on, there is NOT a round chambered and how to safely and properly handle that firearm and make 110% sure the weapon is safe to be handled by you, if not DO NOT HANDLE that or any firearm ever. 

Think I was like 9 when they drilled that in to your head at gun safety training .

If I ever stepped away from the trap platform with out my breach open or safety on I would get a real quick old school reminder from gramps with no words needed to be spoken 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Nothing will happen to him personally. It seems incomprehensible to anyone familiar with guns that it wasn’t required to be cleared by the person using it but I suppose that’s what the inexperienced armorer was trusted to do. It will be interesting to see what if any procedures were ignored and if the “walk out” really has to do with gun safety.  
 Good ol Alec. Big Democrat for the working folks right? Not on his watch! Off with the Union guys. Let’s bring in some scabs and cut corners.

If they continue to keep filming the movie what is Alec or anyone else going to do if they have to have a scene or two where they have to shoot guns for that scene????

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Anti gun idiots don't get this. There should have been redundancies in this process before dumb ass started squeezing the trigger. Instead he just blindly trusted the schmuck that handed him the gun.

8 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Like their mantra teaches, they will find somebody/something else to blame and him being in the capital of this weird sort of people, they will back him.

Also, look to see another ‘bout of gun control sound bites from their DC fans and leaders.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Anti gun idiots don't get this. There should have been redundancies in this process before dumb ass started squeezing the trigger. Instead he just blindly trusted the schmuck that handed him the gun.

Stop it.  That gun loaded itself, pointed itself, and pulled its own trigger.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Stop it.  That gun loaded itself, pointed itself, and pulled its own trigger.

Surely it wasn't his fault since he was told it was a "Cold gun" :suicide:

Why was the gun pointed at the poor girl and the trigger pulled?

Why were there live rounds on set let alone put into a prop gun? 

Sooo many questions

Edited by Skidooski

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

You're both wrong.    Plain and simple...Covid death.  Clearly.

So Alec was pissed she wasn't wearing her mask. Making sense now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

No one but the person holding a fire arm is responsible for said fire arm . 

No real discussion needed in the real world any way

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Surely it wasn't his fault since he was told it was a "Cold gun" :suicide:

Why was the gun pointed at the poor girl and the trigger pulled?

Why were there live rounds on set let alone put into a prop gun? 

Sooo many questions

Were going to be going headlong into another “what if this were you or me” scenario after he just gets a slap on the hand and agrees to do anti-gun PSA’s.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

You're both wrong.    Plain and simple...Covid death.  Clearly.

End thread.