Alec Baldwin shoots two people, one fatally, during prop gun mishap on set of film

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Platinum Contributing Member

If said gun really went off on its own it would be repeatable.   Its simple mechanics.   Something on the gun had to be worn or defective and would be easy for a gunsmith to point out or repeat.   He's digging himself one hell of a hole if the gun is found to be completely normal in its function.   

When I'm in a gun shop and a salesman checks a gun to make sure its unloaded and hands it to me I still double check.   He should have done the same.   I'm not saying he bares all the blame but the buck stops with who had the gun in their hand when it went off. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

If said gun really went off on its own it would be repeatable.   Its simple mechanics.   Something on the gun had to be worn or defective and would be easy for a gunsmith to point out or repeat.   He's digging himself one hell of a hole if the gun is found to be completely normal in its function.   

When I'm in a gun shop and a salesman checks a gun to make sure its unloaded and hands it to me I still double check.   He should have done the same.   I'm not saying he bares all the blame but the buck stops with who had the gun in their hand when it went off. 

If it was a revolver then the only way it fired was the trigger was pulled or the hammer was cocked. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

If it was a revolver then the only way it fired was the trigger was pulled or the hammer was cocked. 

Supposedly an reproduction revolver.   If the gun was cocked and went off on its own :lmao:then it would be repeatable and able to tell the failure/wear in the firing mechanism.   

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Supposedly an reproduction revolver.   If the gun was cocked and went off on its own :lmao:then it would be repeatable and able to tell the failure/wear in the firing mechanism.   

Even at that. Why on earth is it cocked with a loaded bullet in it 

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

Even at that. Why on earth is it cocked with a loaded bullet in it 

An idiot with zero respect for firearms had it in his hand making bang bang noises like it was a toy....ooops!

11 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

So Alec now claims he never had his finger on the trigger, never pulled the trigger, but somehow the revolver magically shot itself at the exact time he was pointing the gun at someone on the set............ blink.gif.b64f9c62007e0284909c22ae17467cff.gif

I have all kinds of guns that have live rounds in them and I've never had a gun magically go off by itself without having my finger on the trigger. I've heard of a loaded gun going off if it was dropped or when chambering another round and something malfunctioned with the firearm, but I've never heard of a gun going off by itself when holding it in your hand and your finger is not on the trigger?????? What am I missing here???????

George snuffleupagus did and interview with Alec that's going to be shown tonight on tv............. 

Ah, the old "gun just went off" excuse.  Sure it did Alec, sure it did.

When the firearms experts at the FBI crime lab inspect the gun I guarantee they find nothing wrong with the gun other than who was holding it and who loaded it.

• Like 2

blink.gif.d2d9a2e54b7757b35052e138426e3a13.gif blink.gif.d2d9a2e54b7757b35052e138426e3a13.gif blink.gif.d2d9a2e54b7757b35052e138426e3a13.gif

So he didn't have his finger on the trigger but was holding the gun at different angles pulling the hammer back then let go of the hammer and the gun went off........ JMO it was a big mistake to do that interview. Do you think you'll face any charges.... No, the insider info and people I know are telling me NO..... 

Sorry it's a very terrible thing that happened, but gun safety protocols were not followed properly by more than one person here.    

13 hours ago, jdsky said:

Gun fired itself in the same way that SUV killed all of those people.

Baldwin is a grade A piece of shit.

Yep, own it.   What a piece of shit claiming this.   

Gun Expert Rejects Alec Baldwin’s Claim He Didn’t Pull the Trigger: ‘On a Scale of 1 to 10? Zero’

•  

• Alec Baldwin

e4535e1be7c4be8672f133534ad44d91
Diane Haithman
Thu, December 2, 2021, 5:06 PM

In this article:
  •  

Alec Baldwin’s contention in an in-depth interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos that he did not pull the trigger in the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of the indie film “Rust” has been met with skepticism from experts.

When asked by TheWrap to assess the likelihood of Baldwin’s statement being true, Steve Wolf, a movie armorer with more than 30 years in the business, said bluntly: “One a scale of one to 10? Zero.”

Added Wolf, “You know, guns don’t go up by themselves, right? It’s an inanimate object. It has no batteries. It has no timer. It has no web connection. It’s not a smart piece of equipment. It’s it’s very reliable device that shoots when you press the trigger, and it doesn’t shoot when you don’t press the trigger.”

Wolf is not the only expert skeptical of Baldwin’s statement in his first in-depth exclusive interview since the Oct. 21 accident that “the trigger wasn’t pulled” when a “live round” was discharged and ended up mortally wounding Hutchins and injuring director Souza in the Oct. 21 tragedy. “No no no. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never,” Baldwin said. Wolf and others are also questioning why Baldwin took two months to bring up this particular line of defense for his actions.

Baldwin’s claim is also being questioned by the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Department, which told Fox News it is awaiting results from the FBI that would provide more information on how the gun could have been fired, whether that was just pulling back the hammer – which hits the firing pin – just pulling the trigger or both.

“Guns don’t just go off,” Sheriff Adan Mendoza told the news outlet. “So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that and it was in his hands.”

In a police report soon after the accident, director Joel Souza, who was injured in the shooting, recalled standing over the shoulder of his cinematographer, Hutchins, while Baldwin sat on a wooden church pew, practicing a cross-draw of his weapon, before the director heard what sounded “like a whip and then loud pop.”

Another film set weapons expert who asked not to be named told TheWrap that “it’s a mystery” as to how the gun could mistakenly go off without the deliberate pulling of the trigger. He said that it would take “tremendous” force to release the “little firing cap” that would cause a round to be fired from the gun, so it would be unlikely that it could happen by accident. “Generally, it wouldn’t make sense that this would happen,” the expert said.

However, in this case, Wolf said that the gun in question, widely reported as being an F.LL1 Pietta Long Colt 45 Revolver, is easily discharged and has a very sensitive trigger action. For that reason, he said he believes that Baldwin did in fact fire the gun by pulling the trigger, but may have done so by mistake.

“I believe that he believes what he’s saying, because I don’t believe that he intended to press the trigger,” Wolf said of Baldwin’s statement. “But I also don’t believe that the trigger pressed itself. A single action Colt 45 like that has a very, very light trigger. You know, if you have your finger on the trigger, you can almost think to yourself, ‘shoot’ — and then the gun goes off. But it’s not because you were thinking ‘shoot,’ it’s because you had some muscle tension. And when that increases, it’s sufficient to fire the gun.”

Wolf added that his biggest fear of Baldwin’s statement in this high-profile case is ” if we introduce the idea that guns go off by themselves, this reduces everyone’s responsibility going forward. Anyone who’s ever involved in an accidental shooting can now use the Alec Baldwin defense if it gains any traction, and that’s a really bad thing to do, because it’s untrue. And it takes away personal responsibility, which is the essence of safety.”

• 1 month later...

Have any of you guys ever fired a single action revolver? By the responses here I'm guessing no.

If you fail to pull the hammer all the way back to the latch and release it it will in fact fire a round. The trigger need not be pulled because the hammer never latched to the trigger mechanism.

Just wanted to clear up the mystery. LOL

8 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Have any of you guys ever fired a single action revolver? By the responses here I'm guessing no.

If you fail to pull the hammer all the way back to the latch and release it it will in fact fire a round. The trigger need not be pulled because the hammer never latched to the trigger mechanism.

Just wanted to clear up the mystery. LOL

There’s a safety catch that if the trigger isn’t pulled the hammer only goes back to neutral position 

39 minutes ago, ACE said:

There’s a safety catch that if the trigger isn’t pulled the hammer only goes back to neutral position 

True, but they can still fire if you let go of the hammer before it gets to the 1/2 cocked / safe position.

Going off 1/2 cocked is real. LOL

3 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

True, but they can still fire if you let go of the hammer before it gets to the 1/2 cocked / safe position.

Going off 1/2 cocked is real. LOL

I'm guessing it's safe to say you did not watch the video I posted a couple posts back?? Same make and model gun that Alec used in the movie scene where things went wrong????

3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

I'm guessing it's safe to say you did not watch the video I posted a couple posts back?? Same make and model gun that Alec used in the movie scene where things went wrong????

I don't doubt for a second that he was lying his ass off. Also I had not seen the Baldwin interview or your video.

I guess my point, although not pertinent to the "I didn't pull the trigger" any longer now that I have seen that is a single action colt can fire without pulling the trigger. Doesn't happen a lot but is possible. :bc: