Alec Baldwin shoots two people, one fatally, during prop gun mishap on set of film

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent thread!  :lol: I like Alec.  He's got some decent films.  His political stance is typical liberal Hollywood disconnect crap but, meh.

SNL should be good the next few weeks.  I'm sure they'll do all kinds of nice skits over this.  No?

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Terrible accident.  He's still an asshole, who I'd just as soon see go away.

I don't care about any of it either way.  It's Hollywood. CA.  The capital of the land of make believe!

I hope for more of these "accidents".  

• Like 3

Very sad, and stupid at the same time.  After the Brandon Lee incident, there’s no excuse for a tragedy like this.

Actors should take a lesson from Keanu Reeves actually train with the gun before using it.  There’s no excuse for not being familiar with a gun on set when you have months to prepare.  It shouldn’t be up to one person to clear a firearm before the trigger is pulled - everyone who touches that gun is responsible to ensure that it’s clear, just like in real life.

As I understand it, Brandon Lee was killed, because the gun had been used in closeup shots prior to the scene they were filming.  They used dummy rounds in the chambers of the revolver for the closeups.  Then the firearms guy was supposed to take out the dummy rounds and replace with blanks.  What that idiot failed to do was clear all six chambers, because part of one dummy round was still in one of the chambers.  Nobody knew that a fake bullet - still deadly - remained in the chamber in front of a blank charge.   Stupid mistake by one person that should’ve been caught by everyone else who handled the gun, including the actors.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why do they have anything even resembling real bullets in a gun during something like this anyway?

if you even had an empty gun and pointed it at someone within in the gun community you’d be slapped silly 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Very sad, and stupid at the same time.  After the Brandon Lee incident, there’s no excuse for a tragedy like this.

Actors should take a lesson from Keanu Reeves actually train with the gun before using it.  There’s no excuse for not being familiar with a gun on set when you have months to prepare.  It shouldn’t be up to one person to clear a firearm before the trigger is pulled - everyone who touches that gun is responsible to ensure that it’s clear, just like in real life.

As I understand it, Brandon Lee was killed, because the gun had been used in closeup shots prior to the scene they were filming.  They used dummy rounds in the chambers of the revolver for the closeups.  Then the firearms guy was supposed to take out the dummy rounds and replace with blanks.  What that idiot failed to do was clear all six chambers, because part of one dummy round was still in one of the chambers.  Nobody knew that a fake bullet - still deadly - remained in the chamber in front of a blank charge.   Stupid mistake by one person that should’ve been caught by everyone else who handled the gun, including the actors.

Guns kill people.   

Why do they have anything even resembling real bullets in a gun during something like this anyway?

if you even had an empty gun and pointed it at someone within in the gun community you’d be slapped silly 

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Guns kill people.   

yes.   They are dangerous and unpredictable............even in the hands of a Hollywood know it all.  I hope everyone sees this now.

Funniest Baldwin skit was when he was calling his daughter a pig .  classic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

yes.   They are dangerous and unpredictable............even in the hands of a Hollywood know it all.  I hope everyone sees this now.

Funniest Baldwin skit was when he was calling his daughter a pig .  classic. 

No, his funniest skit is when he killed a director of his film then, shot another guy to see why the first mysteriously fell to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We don't even know exactly wat happened yet but people on YouTube have the "truth"

Don't forget to click like and subscribe!!!!

No shit.  Personally, I can't stand these fucking podcast types.  "Look at me sitting in my chair talking into a microphone in my spare bedroom turned world wide studio!  Listen to my words and rambling about shit you already knew or, could figure out easily all on your own..................FOR TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES!!!!"

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No shit.  Personally, I can't stand these fucking podcast types.  "Look at me sitting in my chair talking into a microphone in my spare bedroom turned world wide studio!  Listen to my words and rambling about shit you already knew or, could figure out easily all on your own..................FOR TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES!!!!"

Yup Junk

rogan is good though. And it’s way better than news. 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yup Junk

rogan is good though. And it’s way better than news. 

Well, he's a bit removed from the jack-hill retard working out of his bedroom studio.

I love youtube....I surf it quite a bit.  What I can't stand is regurgitated rambling by most of these half-wits with a mic and/or camera.  Look, the information is about 3 minutes worth....your 20 minute screen freeze play by play makes me wanna put a price on your head.

But...this is what the world is growing now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, he's a bit removed from the jack-hill retard working out of his bedroom studio.

I love youtube....I surf it quite a bit.  What I can't stand is regurgitated rambling by most of these half-wits with a mic and/or camera.  Look, the information is about 3 minutes worth....your 20 minute screen freeze play by play makes me wanna put a price on your head.

But...this is what the world is growing now.

E726C021-A008-4863-833B-23767C57C8AE.jpeg

• Haha 1