2019 Sterling

what are you going to use it for? If it were me I would look for something in the 500hp range 18spd heavier spec. I personally would stay away, we had a couple at work of that vintage and were troublesome

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HSR said:

You going to start your own business???

Nope. Im in charge of buying g trucks for Winnipeg tho

18 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

what are you going to use it for? If it were me I would look for something in the 500hp range 18spd heavier spec. I personally would stay away, we had a couple at work of that vintage and were troublesome

Delivering fuel. Wheel to wheel . We just picked up a new contract . They use a crap load of diesel so we need a bigger truck for one of my evening guys 

3 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

Nope. Im in charge of buying g trucks for Winnipeg tho

Delivering fuel. Wheel to wheel . We just picked up a new contract . They use a crap load of diesel so we need a bigger truck for one of my evening guys 

I would recommend a Mack CH 475hp 18spd med. frame, I had a '07 and it was the best oil hauler I have driven rode much nicer than my current '17 T880 although the KW pulls harder with 550 Cummins, Mack had 750k on clock when retired we haul 9600 and 10000 hot liquid asphaly

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I would recommend a Mack CH 475hp 18spd med. frame, I had a '07 and it was the best oil hauler I have driven rode much nicer than my current '17 T880 although the KW pulls harder with 550 Cummins, Mack had 750k on clock when retired we haul 9600 and 10000 hot liquid asphaly

That's good to know. I dont need another pos that sits in the shop all day long . Thanks !

1 hour ago, snatchslayer said:

That's good to know. I dont need another pos that sits in the shop all day long . Thanks !

Anything new enough to have Def have the drivers run them hard, need to work them hard to keep emissions working properly, we have guys that baby them and are constantly going into regen due to not keeping exhaust temperature high enough to burn off particulates 

• Like 1

When I got the Mack new the dealer told me to break it in how I was going to run it and it was run hard and put away wet and other than a couple turbos that truck never had the motor touched on the 750k I put on it, it was a  pre  emissions 07

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Anything new enough to have Def have the drivers run them hard, need to work them hard to keep emissions working properly, we have guys that baby them and are constantly going into regen due to not keeping exhaust temperature high enough to burn off particulates 

No DEF but mine has REGEN.

I run my truck right to the firewall until I get to the speed limit. NEVER have a regen issue... :lol:

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

When I got the Mack new the dealer told me to break it in how I was going to run it and it was run hard and put away wet and other than a couple turbos that truck never had the motor touched on the 750k I put on it, it was a  pretty emissions 07

6 cylinder Cummins, 379,000... original engine. New Turbo, fuel rail, other misc parts. Mechanic says he wishes our whole fleet was like this...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

No DEF but mine has REGEN.

I run my truck right to the firewall until I get to the speed limit. NEVER have a regen issue... :lol:

Never had a regen issue with KW but I flat foot that bitch with 39 ton in the wagon

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I sell a product called Regen less..More than happy to get you a "Demo" bottle and you can give it a try on a truck..

Some info on it..

https://b3cfuel.com/product/regenless/

39 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Yeah,  and Yeats a problem for us. We occasionally do out of town work but mainly stay within the city. Once we get on site , we put put around the yards filling things 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

The same hold true on something like a Cat 4.4?

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Most are buying auto’s. Auto typically have better economy, more comfortable driving and more reliable these days

Our other trucks are auto. There's only 3 of us who could drive the 10sp . Ill have to show the other guys how to shift if I get a stick :flush:

• Gold Member
Just now, snatchslayer said:

Our other trucks are auto. There's only 3 of us who could drive the 10sp . Ill have to show the other guys how to shift if I get a stick :flush:

I can easily drive a Manual.  Much prefer the new amt’s. Just better all around IMO.  Grew to hate manuals when we started order autos in our big equipment

• Like 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

I can easily drive a Manual.  Much prefer the new amt’s. Just better all around IMO.  Grew to hate manuals when we started order autos in our big equipment

Same here lol . The truck I was looking at has an 18000 liter fuel tank, 4 compartments on it. Would have been perfect 

29 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Where are you finding a 2019 Sterling? 2009 maybe? 

Volvo/Mack is my preferred fuel hauling rig. 3 compartment trailers is what I prefer. 

Its in Edmonton.  But I think its an 09. I can't find any 2019?