Caught this on the new z06 teaser video

Rod

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Depends Is the climate control on recirc or on fresh.  Air is required to cool batteries as well

You prob got the joke but just in case.

Naturally aspirated literally means engine inhales air without any other means than atmospheric (natural) air pressure. Electric motors don’t use air for power production.

4F72F0FC-8C79-4AEE-9D60-00637885752A.png

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Was fun to drive as well, but just too damn small.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in them. Even had one for a driver for a week. Other than the GT2/3 seats, I wasn’t complaining too much. I basically have to fold myself in half to get in and out but the driving experience makes that worth it. 

Such a leap forward from the C6/7. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

How many back to back 1/4 mile runs can the Tesla do in a row?   I thought that was at least one time quite limited.

Not a problem anymore with the big S

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in them. Even had one for a driver for a week. Other than the GT2/3 seats, I wasn’t complaining too much. I basically have to fold myself in half to get in and out but the driving experience makes that worth it. 

Such a leap forward from the C6/7. 

The leap bugs the crap out of me since I can't drive it.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not a problem anymore with the big S

The leap bugs the crap out of me since I can't drive it.

It is especially noteworthy when you drive the car hard. You can beat it senseless and it just takes it. No crazy overheating or anything. Yes, in a street trim setting the base car pushes pretty bad. Better tires and alignment cure about 90-95% of that though, in my experience. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, CFM said:

You prob got the joke but just in case.

Naturally aspirated literally means engine inhales air without any other means than atmospheric (natural) air pressure. Electric motors don’t use air for power production.

4F72F0FC-8C79-4AEE-9D60-00637885752A.png

They do depending on how the electricity is produced the fills the battery pack!!!!

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Highmark said:

How many back to back 1/4 mile runs can the Tesla do in a row?   I thought that was at least one time quite limited.

Dragtimes has done plenty of runs.  Back to back to back to back on the plaid.  It just doesn’t fall off that much with each run.   Last time I was at a drag strip and watch some big motor cars run they weren’t doing back to back runs.  They had lengthy times between runs, cool down times, ice down times, and wrenching times under tents with big fans running.  They weren’t out running the 1/4 and driving right back up to the start snd getting back in line.

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They do depending on how the electricity is produced the fills the battery pack!!!!

Lol. No.

See meaning if aspirate.

Been out of drag racing for a bit. Is there a NA class Tesla’s get to run in ? If so, what’s there reasoning if so.

Edited by CFM

• Gold Member

Drag times ran the plaid over 40 1/4 mile runs in 1 day.  2 percent battery per run.  41st run with 20 percent state of charge was still under 10 second 1/4 mile time.  How many 9 seconds cars could do that with out filling up in 1 day at the track?  

https://www.teslaoracle.com/2021/08/28/heres-how-fast-the-model-s-plaid-is-after-40-quarter-mile-runs-and-at-a-20-state-of-charge/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Dragtimes has done plenty of runs.  Back to back to back to back on the plaid.  It just doesn’t fall off that much with each run.   Last time I was at a drag strip and watch some big motor cars run they weren’t doing back to back runs.  They had lengthy times between runs, cool down times, ice down times, and wrenching times under tents with big fans running.  They weren’t out running the 1/4 and driving right back up to the start snd getting back in line.

True but rather the Tesla or gas car I'm not talking about modified race cars as you are.   Ones you can drive to the track, run all day then drive it home.   Good to see Tesla had resolved that as I believe it was an issue at one time.   I really don't pay much attention to the Tesla or any electric car/truck as they do not interest me....yet. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Drag times ran the plaid over 40 1/4 mile runs in 1 day.  2 percent battery per run.  41st run with 20 percent state of charge was still under 10 second 1/4 mile time.  How many 9 seconds cars could do that with out filling up in 1 day at the track?  

https://www.teslaoracle.com/2021/08/28/heres-how-fast-the-model-s-plaid-is-after-40-quarter-mile-runs-and-at-a-20-state-of-charge/

What’s the difference in fill times 

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, ACE said:

What’s the difference in fill times 

Probably less for the Tesla.  It can run all day at the local drag strip and fill up on a welding outlet while you sleep.  No need to go to the race fuel store in a Tesla and get drums of race gas or quarts or Royal Purple to run low 9’s in a 1/4

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Probably less for the Tesla.  It can run all day at the local drag strip and fill up on a welding outlet while you sleep.  No need to go to the race fuel store in a Tesla and get drums of race gas or quarts or Royal Purple to run low 9’s in a 1/4

Ok so no fill times? Or are you trying to imply that recharging an electric car is faster than filling a car with gas?

Edited by ACE

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ok so no fill times? Or are you trying to imply that recharging an electric car is faster than filling a car with gas?

Nope no special fill times needed to do 40 runs down my local 1/4 mile strip in a Tesla plaid if I had one.  It would fill up when it was sitting in my garage when I don’t need to drive

Just now, BOHICA said:

Nope no special fill times needed to do 40 runs down my local 1/4 mile strip in a Tesla plaid if I had one.  It would fill up when it was sitting in my garage when I don’t need to drive

Ok. So if both were sitting there empty, how long does it take to fill each one?

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ok. So if both were sitting there empty, how long does it take to fill each one?

Are you retarded?  Who takes low or empty on fuel 9.2 second car to the drag strip?  Drag strip is like 7 miles from my house and it would be pretty much full of electricity when I get there.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

I love this fucking guy.

I just read though these posts and he had me chuckling 

We are looking a a tesla on Friday. My wife is in the market for a new car and wants something different. I owned a Volt outside of it being to small and the run time being about 30 miles it was a cool car. 

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Are you retarded?  Who takes low or empty on fuel 9.2 second car to the drag strip?  Drag strip is like 7 miles from my house and it would be pretty much full of electricity when I get there.

Why don't you answer his question? My guess is it takes 5 minutes to fill a tank with gas. How ling does it take to recharge a Tesla battery?

I'll answer for you

t takes ~27 minutes to charge a Tesla Model S Plaid from 20% to 80% state-of-charge at a V3 Supercharger (250 kW), or ~29 minutes when starting at 10%. Tesla says that 15 minutes should be enough to replenish up to 187 miles (301 km) of range, but only when starting at a low state-of-charge

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

And when it’s empty How long does it take to charge?

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, ACE said:

And when it’s empty How long does it take to charge?

I don’t know.   It would be in the my garage plugged into a welding 240 volt outlet.  I would be, drinking beer, eating dinner I just cooked, taking a shit on my toilet, pouring the coals to the wife, sleeping in my bed or a host of others things I need to do at the house when I’m home.  No special trips or special wait times or trips to fill it for all day drag strip duty.

Edited by BOHICA