There are millions of jobs, but a shortage of workers: Economists explain why that's worrying

44 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I'm not talking about government employees, dummy. I'm talking about debt.

Conservatives don't push for smaller government, either. The last 20 years should have made that much obvious, but I forgot, you're still deep throating propaganda.

All of these things you complain about are needed/wanted by the capitalist oligarchy. Your beef is with them, not workers, not immigrants, not minorities, not me. 

I am not talking about conservative politicians you nitwit.  I am talking about conservative voters.  FFS, get your head out of that blind thinking about Capitalism being bad dude, if anything was better we would have changed by now.

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am not talking about conservative politicians you nitwit.  I am talking about conservative voters.  FFS, get your head out of that blind thinking about Capitalism being bad dude, if anything was better we would have changed by now.

Lmao. That's a logical fallacy. Slavery and feudalism were the economic systems for thousands of years. Like capitalism, those systems were also enforced with institutional power and sought to prevent any other system from taking hold.

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao. That's a logical fallacy. Slavery and feudalism were the economic systems for thousands of years. Like capitalism, those systems were also enforced with institutional power and sought to prevent any other system from taking hold.

Most of the people understand how great capitalism is and how incentive is required for a society to want to better itself, but you think it's a logical fallacy.  Rainbows and unicorns!!!  When will you start following your own beliefs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

How stupid can you get.  Every lawyer in the city is licking their chops with all the malpractice cases coming.  

8CAD21F1-3C3A-4CAD-8AFA-70A33B8C26D2.jpeg

A3429448-E565-47F2-962B-B79BCCD4B530.jpeg

Overworked and short staffed because of politically forced fear mandates.

YUH….plenty gonna pay for this.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Plenty of times the “instutitional power systems” in place to protect something is overrun and overtaken by another system.  Plenty of complete failures of that new system resulting in horrid consequences too.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It is complete shit show at the hospitals. If you are upset about poor service in the food service industry. You better hope to God you or a loved one stays healthy.  You really think there is not huge repercussions shitting all over these people?  Libs are the dumbest fuckers on the planet. 
unfortunately , we are all in the same sinking boat with these idiots drilling holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water out. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

It is complete shit show at the hospitals. If you are upset about poor service in the food service industry. You better hope to God you or a loved one stays healthy.  You really think there is not huge repercussions shitting all over these people?  Libs are the dumbest fuckers on the planet. 
unfortunately , we are all in the same sinking boat with these idiots drilling holes in the bottom of the boat to let the water out. 

Front line heroes to front line zeros.  This may be some kind of hypocritical record for the left.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

See and all of them that I know, spent every free dime they had and still are. 

I live quite modestly but wouldn’t mind living better and with less debt which at this point is pretty much just our house and the wife’s camper. 

I enjoy having a big enough cash in hand buffer to say, quit my job and take a year off.  Which I've done, at 17 months the wife said I had to go back to work because she was tired of seeing me in sweatpants. 

:lol:

5 hours ago, racer254 said:

And it is exactly the reason why conservatives push for smaller government.  When the government is a big enough employer that this can happen, then it is way to big.

BTW, shut down the border.  If you want wages to go up, then this is a VERY GOOD thing and bringing in workers is NOT the way to raise wages.

I'm with @Ez ryder on some of this.  Start with slashing Fed spending/shrinking the actual size of government and by doing so the size of the governmental workforce, and put them into these wonderful unfilled positions.  

What in fact is the dollar amount the federal government spends on wages, insurance, pension, 401, etc annually?  It has to be an astronomical number.  

Who in the private sector gets a pension and health care coverage, for life anymore?

WE are fucking ourselves and it's OUR OWN fault.

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I enjoy having a big enough cash in hand buffer to say, quit my job and take a year off.  Which I've done, at 17 months the wife said I had to go back to work because she was tired of seeing me in sweatpants. 

I'm with @Ez ryder on some of this.  Start with slashing Fed spending/shrinking the actual size of government and by doing so the size of the governmental workforce, and put them into these wonderful unfilled positions.  

What in fact is the dollar amount the federal government spends on wages, insurance, pension, 401, etc annually?  It has to be an astronomical number.  

Who in the private sector gets a pension and health care coverage, for life anymore?

Yes, I am with you both.  Send some of these government jobs packing and let the workers fill the positions in the private sector that the OP is talking about.  Simple fix.  Reduces the size of government and fixes this worker shortage.  What is holding back this admin?

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Most of the people understand how great capitalism is and how incentive is required for a society to want to better itself, but you think it's a logical fallacy.  Rainbows and unicorns!!!  When will you start following your own beliefs?

Of course the majority of people who benefit from capitalism think it's great.

Same went for feudalism and slavery. 

Those oppressed by it, not so much.

Humanity made huge strides of innovation from our beginnings without capitalism. There was no economic incentive to harness fire, or invent the wheel, or develop agriculture. Slavery built the pyramids. Capitalism can't even come close to doing that today. Does that mean slavery was good? Of course fucking not.

The facts(not beliefs) are that the dictatorship of capital is a fatally flawed system and will eventually collapse due to those inherent, irreconcilable flaws. 

My hope (also, not belief) is that after said collapse, humanity will collectively realize the folly of capitalism, and move to a better (not perfect) system that spreads and shares the benefits of human innovation and progress. I believe (an actual belief now) that a stateless, moneyless, classless gl

I can't suddenly live as if we already have a stateless, moneyless, and classless society. Thinking I could do so while living under the present dictatorship of capital is just plain fucking stupid, and suggesting as much is equally daft and worthy of nothing but ridicule. 

You motherfuckers would much rather attack me personally than acknowledge any flaws in the system that you clearly believe benefits you personally.

You're truly baffled as to why I point out the flaws in a system that I benefit from. You can't believe that anyone could criticize a flawed system if it benefits them personally.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Of course the majority of people who benefit from capitalism think it's great.

Same went for feudalism and slavery. 

Those oppressed by it, not so much.

Humanity made huge strides of innovation from our beginnings without capitalism. There was no economic incentive to harness fire, or invent the wheel, or develop agriculture. Slavery built the pyramids. Capitalism can't even come close to doing that today. Does that mean slavery was good? Of course fucking not.

The facts(not beliefs) are that the dictatorship of capital is a fatally flawed system and will eventually collapse due to those inherent, irreconcilable flaws. 

My hope (also, not belief) is that after said collapse, humanity will collectively realize the folly of capitalism, and move to a better (not perfect) system that spreads and shares the benefits of human innovation and progress. I believe (an actual belief now) that a stateless, moneyless, classless gl

I can't suddenly live as if we already have a stateless, moneyless, and classless society. Thinking I could do so while living under the present dictatorship of capital is just plain fucking stupid, and suggesting as much is equally daft and worthy of nothing but ridicule. 

You motherfuckers would much rather attack me personally than acknowledge any flaws in the system that you clearly believe benefits you personally.

You're truly baffled as to why I point out the flaws in a system that I benefit from. You can't believe that anyone could criticize a flawed system if it benefits them personally.

You have a fucking excuse for everything.  You don't even remotely try to follow what you are preaching.  BTW, The pyramids are nothing compared to the 3 gorges damn or even the hoover damn.  I find it funny how you can't figure out that it takes incentive to improve society.

Edited by racer254

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You have a fucking excuse for everything.  You don't even remotely try to follow what you are preaching.  BTW, The pyramids are nothing compared to the 3 gorges damn or even the hoover damn.  I find it funny how you can't figure out that it takes incentive to improve society.

"Work or starve" isn't incentive, that's just a threat. 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Who is starving in the United States?

Please list a country that follows what you want and prove your stance for once.

If I don't work, I can't buy food, right? 

I don't know why that's so hard to understand...

Capitalism will prove the predictions communists have made about it's failure all by itself. All the signs are there, just have to look. 

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I bet it does not last for long. It can’t. Patient care takes much more of a hit and the country will be in deep shit. More and more companies are working around the mandates. The more that stand up, then maybe there’s a chance. I don’t know if they will have to though. The country can’t support what they are causing with this shit. Someone is goi f to have to step in and end it. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wouldn’t mind if we just stopped paying for pensions and lifelong pay for these DC and government fucks. Literally no one else in this country gets that shit, why should they? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Cold War said:

"Only 1%" and "Already being replaced" and laughing it off as it happens more and more. These folks were already over worked, stressed and burnt out to begin with. These are the people that provide care for us when we are sick.  :wtf: 

Edited by Skidooski

39 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If I don't work, I can't buy food, right? 

I don't know why that's so hard to understand...

Capitalism will prove the predictions communists have made about it's failure all by itself. All the signs are there, just have to look. 

You talk as though people of this country are slaves.  Take a look at what Enes Kanter had to say about china, you know, a country run by communists.  I think you need to try and live in places that you want to emulate, otherwise, you are just spouting of about something you think, but have never actually lived it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pensions used to be a real thing in America. Companies actually put workers before share holders. Sad what has happened. 

Too many boomers with pensions....it was unsustainable  :lol: And that generation was known for their work ethic. 

It really is a shame though you're right. Loyalty, what level there was, is long gone now because of shit like this.

19 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Too many boomers with pensions....it was unsustainable  :lol: And that generation was known for their work ethic. 

It really is a shame though you're right. Loyalty, what level there was, is long gone now because of shit like this.

The only companies with strong pensions are unionized. Americans willingly slit their own throats. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pensions used to be a real thing in America. Companies actually put workers before share holders. Sad what has happened. 

the 401K lie….
The generation here that supports all the right wing bullshit will be living their retirement years in a tent.