Should high hp Darwin award vehicles require limiters or special licensing?

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to Should high hp Darwin award vehicles require limiters or special licensing?
5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://jalopnik.com/man-that-killed-two-people-by-driving-a-tesla-through-a-1847892733 

Read the article, then the subsequent comments and then comment.  

Guessing you’re the kinda guy that buys a tuner so you can lower the speed limiter on your caravan sport 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Guessing you’re the kinda guy that buys a tuner so you can lower the speed limiter on your caravan sport 

Au contraire moron.

Everything I own is capable of full tilt, even my former ppv Tahoe.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Sleds, Bikes, ATV's, UTV's, PWC's...where does it end if the fun police were to get this going?

You have Careless driving, Reckless driving then step up to what, Manslaughter I believe? 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d say no.

I’d rather they do nothing but If they were going to do something make it like a NHRA type deal. If the car will do a sub 10 quarter require the buyer to have a NHRA license to buy the car.

The Nissan GTR is limited to 111mph in Japan, until the gps recognizes the car is on an actual race track then it allows full tilt, which is an approach. 

Most US cars are speed limited based upon the speed rating of the tires they are shod with from the factory.

The idiots in the article get the Darwin award, unfortunately they took the innocent life of a woman and a dog along with them.

but freedom... 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Absolutely not.  You can't legislate all accidents away.  The driver should face serious prison time.  That reckless of action is no less serious than an intoxicated person killing someone at the speed limit.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The Nissan GTR is limited to 111mph in Japan, until the gps recognizes the car is on an actual race track then it allows full tilt, which is an approach. 

Most US cars are speed limited based upon the speed rating of the tires they are shod with from the factory.

The idiots in the article get the Darwin award, unfortunately they took the innocent life of a woman and a dog along with them.

but freedom... 

The driver was a idiot did you see the street view pic he was going 100+ down in the comments. You can limit things all you want but that isn’t going to stop a idiot for doing speeding down a shitty narrow 30mph road. I still say no nothing needed.

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

The driver was a idiot did you see the street view pic he was going 100+ down in the comments. You can limit things all you want but that isn’t going to stop a idiot for doing speeding down a shitty narrow 30mph road. I still say no nothing needed.

I did, and started the thread.  

I'm not saying I'm in favor of it, but the article and comments make for interesting conversation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but freedom... 

I’m sure you’re a gun control advocate too.