GM releases new mega sized V8 tbh

Rod

Good going GM :thumbs 

A 1000hp 632” is usually creeping close to 13:1 compression. 
Patiently awaiting parts / spec sheets as they do on all their crate motors. 

Quick look I like the intake manifold holding the coils under plenum to hide all that crap. Lol. Also symmetrical heads means some cashola $$$$.

Edited by CFM

3 minutes ago, CFM said:

Quick look I like the intake manifold holding the coils under plenum to hide all that crap. Lol. Also symmetrical heads means some cashola $$$$.

$30 grand but likely more for that monster, at least up here. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, CFM said:

Ever see where the starter was on the Northstar engine?

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Yup, i had to remove the intake to change a few. :wink And of course the intake isn’t a straight forward one to remove / replace.  Another group of dumbfuck engineers.

3 minutes ago, CFM said:

Yup, i had to remove the intake to change a few. :wink And of course the intake isn’t a straight forward one to remove / replace.  Another group of dumbfuck engineers.

Yup, why in the world did they think that was a good place to put a starter? I owned 5 Caddies, the electronics and battery were under the rear seat, you probably know this.

Edited by XCR1250

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

It was either the starter or alternator that the engine had to be raised on my wife's Olds Cutlass Supreme International? We did it twice in about 6-7 yrs when she owned that car and it was a $500 dollar hit both times. 

2 minutes ago, irv said:

It was either the starter or alternator that the engine had to be raised on my wife's Olds Cutlass Supreme International? We did it twice in about 6-7 yrs when she owned that car and it was a $500 dollar hit both times. 

Had to raise the engine to change spark plugs on some old Ford cars, way back when.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, why in the world did they think that was a good place to put a starter? I owned 5 Caddies, the electronics and battery were under the rear seat, you probably know this.

At the time they said reduced noise. Remember, that was the real big beginning years in the NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) . Frankly, i think the engineers where comming off heroin addictions. Lololol

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Cayenne has the battery under the drivers seat it might be the most retarded place for a battery I’ve seen.

• Like 1

I would think they've all done some marvel engineering at some point in time. My 73 Vette has the battery in behind the back seat, the driver's side spark plugs are easier to replace from underneath, a dumb vaccum system for the headlights, a spare tire that's a bitch to get at and brakes that are a bitch to bleed. The list goes on.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I think it was the old Sebring that you had to remove front tire then the wheelhouse liner to change the battery. Makes me miss my old CJ5  :lol: 

Engineers can only accommodate for some much the way they pack everything in super tight and like to hide behind beauty panels etc. Serviceability and tool clearance takes a back seat to "Can you package that it in this tiny space"

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I think it was the old Sebring that you had to remove front tire then the wheelhouse liner to change the battery. Makes me miss my old CJ5  :lol: 

Engineers can only accommodate for some much the way they pack everything in super tight and like to hide behind beauty panels etc. Serviceability and tool clearance takes a back seat to "Can you package that it in this tiny space"

Sebring with the Mitsubishi v6 was one of the worlds worst engines/etc to work on. Yuk.

Also, the convertibles had no chassis stiffness at all. If you you hit a small normal bump while turning you could see the vehicle twist. 

Boy has Chrysler produced some terrible POS's.

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, CFM said:

Sebring with the Mitsubishi v6 was one of the worlds worst engines/etc to work on. Yuk.

Also, the convertibles had no chassis stiffness at all. If you you hit a small normal bump while turning you could see the vehicle twist. 

Boy has Chrysler produced some terrible POS's.

My sister had the convertible and was it ever a piece of shit. Any bump in the road and to top moved all over the place. Any car wash and the inside got wet 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My sister had the convertible and was it ever a piece of shit. Any bump in the road and to top moved all over the place. Any car wash and the inside got wet 

My brother had Sebring hardtop/conv that he got killed in. The car was a write off and the ins paid out $8600 for the piece of shit

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Cayenne has the battery under the drivers seat it might be the most retarded place for a battery I’ve seen.

My MB ML’s were like that.  Who the hell designs these things?  At least it had jumper connections under the hood.