Shipping Containers That Spent Weeks Aboard Ships Stuck At Ports Now Being Dumped In Nearby Neighborhoods

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Have to start sending these boats to Florida. Even though they won't fit through the canal. Maybe they could sail around the other side of the world. :lol: 

They should go thru the Suez!!

• Gold Member
On 10/20/2021 at 4:20 AM, Mainecat said:

Where’s Kivalo when you need him?

On the Kuskokwim River in Bethel for freight ops. Tomorrow morning we will head to sea and then to the Yukon River for a fuel discharge at Emmonak.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2021 at 8:20 AM, Mainecat said:

Where’s Kivalo when you need him?

If Kivalo was there, the boat would would be bouncing off the walls!!!!    

POPEYE!!!     :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Gilligan!!!!!!!!!!!!     :lol::lol::lol:

I was talking with a bud yesterday and he was saying yes it is true they are Duping containers in nearby neighborhoods.  He was talking about having his driver's grab 6 and stacking  them 2 high  in his back lot for storage.  

Dang. I bought a 40’ container last year for $3500. This year they jumped to $5500 because of the short supply of them in the upper Midwest….I hope they inundate them in Wisconsin so I can get a couple more for dirt cheap. 

3 hours ago, Phenom said:

Dang. I bought a 40’ container last year for $3500. This year they jumped to $5500 because of the short supply of them in the upper Midwest….I hope they inundate them in Wisconsin so I can get a couple more for dirt cheap. 

Prob is they can not be brought out or moved around CA by non union drivers and no comercial trucks older than a 1998 can operate in CA. and as you know most guys dealing in used containers are not rolling new peterbuilts most have 1/2 ass old tilt trailers with old trucks 

• Gold Member
On 10/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, Polaris 550 said:

If Kivalo was there, the boat would would be bouncing off the walls!!!!    

POPEYE!!!     :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Gilligan!!!!!!!!!!!!     :lol::lol::lol:

STFU you Twink faggot!  :lol:

Most or these get into general areas filled with everything under the sun via rail. Ones that are decommissioned are sold at auction to dealers. Price is good old supply and demand. When out west the main highways follow the main railways and you’ll see trains that are amazingly long with double stacked containers making their way to all areas of the country.