High Mileage Vehicles

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh fuck you! You smarmy can't,  I was winning the most miles competition, and then you come in all....I got a Honda civic..blah blah..You stole my thunder!..:finger:

:lol::bc:

I meant 236,900 ;) lololol wink

• Haha 1

No one can surely beat this with this same vehicle…….

My 05 900 Fusion has 12,000 miles and i finally told myself don’t even start it until you finally put pistons in it. So…..that’s going to hsppen month or teo if i don’t grt sidetracked with other things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CFM said:

No one can surely beat this with this same vehicle…….

My 05 900 Fusion has 12,000 miles and i finally told myself don’t even start it until you finally put pistons in it. So…..that’s going to hsppen month or teo if i don’t grt sidetracked with other things.

I call bullshit. 

Your arms would have vibrated off about 11,500 miles ago. :cop:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Legend said:

I call bullshit. 

Your arms would have vibrated off about 11,500 miles ago. :cop:

Lol, most trail side breaks get the same doubters turned amazed. Lol. Too bad for you. Mine is smooth. Go look me up on hcs fusion section. I’ve done many 250 mile days in our goat path type heavy amt of turning and even 330 mile mike day 2 yrs ago. 480 day and a half that weekend.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CFM said:

Lol, most trail side breaks get the same doubters turned amazed. Lol. Too bad for you. Mine is smooth. Go look me up on hcs fusion section. I’ve done many 250 mile days in our goat psth typectrsils snd even 330 mile mike dsy 2 yrs ago. 480 day and a hslf that weekend.

Looks like your tourettes started kicking in about halfway through....

Or your brain has been vibrated loose...

Edited by Legend
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, smokin george said:

We have a 2012 Ram with 98K kms, a 2018 Ford Focus with 78K kms on it. No idea what's next for a vehicle as there's no rush to spend any money

Geesus George, that's 60,000 miles on a 10 year old truck. Those are retired old man numbers....lol

My '12 Ram has 180k Canadian miles (110k US miles) but it now has 2 holes in the box. I'm likely going to have those fixed and keep driving it. It still does what I need it to do and the interior is immaculate.

My '07 F250 6.0 Supercab Diesel work truck now has 370k Can. miles (225k US miles) and it keeps on ticking. Its been a plow truck since new. I bought it 3 years (90k Can. miles) old from a landscaper for $25k. It owes me nothing. My employees hate it, says the seat is fucked up but it fits me fine. I hope to run it for 2 more years then move to a Crewcab.

• Haha 1

2008 Odyssey 320k miles

2010 Focus 205k miles

2012 F150 145k miles

Keeping up on the maintenance is really the key to keeping the high mileage vehicles going.  I do all the oil and fluid changes so I can give everything the once over to catch any potential problems.

The last vehicle to leave me stranded was actually the newest one with the least miles.  Water pump went out about 5 miles from the house.  $100 tow, $400 in OEM parts, and a night in my garage and I had the water pump and everything around it replaced ready for another 150k.

Anyone seen the price of tires now?    Let's go Brandon!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

2008 Odyssey 320k miles

2010 Focus 205k miles

2012 F150 145k miles

Keeping up on the maintenance is really the key to keeping the high mileage vehicles going.  I do all the oil and fluid changes so I can give everything the once over to catch any potential problems.

The last vehicle to leave me stranded was actually the newest one with the least miles.  Water pump went out about 5 miles from the house.  $100 tow, $400 in OEM parts, and a night in my garage and I had the water pump and everything around it replaced ready for another 150k.

Anyone seen the price of tires now?    Let's go Brandon!

i want to keep my 2012 as its tough but its going to need some suspension work and other things soon and some american can deal with that shit once it heads south

Just now, snopro31 said:

i want to keep my 2012 as its tough but its going to need some suspension work and other things soon and some american can deal with that shit once it heads south

No problems with that so far but I'm sure it is coming.  I haul my sled and ATV in the back all the time.  Most of what I do are loaded miles.  Plus many landscape supply store runs with 2000 pounds of rock in the bed.

My 2015 f350 has 340k mi on it. It's been good except for frontend work every year and now going in tomorrow on a rollback for electrical issues. My last truck was a 2011 f350 with 775k mi when I sold it. Replaced  engine at 400k, still has the original transmission and rearend in it. I think the current owner is close to 800k right now. That truck got yearly front end rebuilds otherwise was pretty reliable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Ever had any trans. issues.

nope but was serviced every 60K , it was a 1500HD 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Oh fuck you! You smarmy cunt,  I was winning the most miles competition, and then you come in all....I got a Honda civic..blah blah..You stole my thunder!..:finger:

:lol::bc:

no you and he weren't (see post 1) - but look out \/below\/, we have some higher bars.  Can we get a MILLION? (no semi trucks here please)

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s because they have the know how to keep them running. Most people can’t change there freakin oil.

most don't know how to add washer solvent

32 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

2008 Odyssey 320k miles

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

My 2015 f350 has 340k mi on it.

My last truck was a 2011 f350 with 775k mi when I sold it. Replaced  engine at 400k, still has the original transmission and rearend in it. I think the current owner is close to 800k right now. That truck got yearly front end rebuilds otherwise was pretty reliable

8 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

My 2015 f350 has 340k mi on it. It's been good except for frontend work every year and now going in tomorrow on a rollback for electrical issues. My last truck was a 2011 f350 with 775k mi when I sold it. Replaced  engine at 400k, still has the original transmission and rearend in it. I think the current owner is close to 800k right now. That truck got yearly front end rebuilds otherwise was pretty reliable

You a transporter ? 
That’s a schiton of seat time. Wow.

Edited by CFM

19 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No problems with that so far but I'm sure it is coming.  I haul my sled and ATV in the back all the time.  Most of what I do are loaded miles.  Plus many landscape supply store runs with 2000 pounds of rock in the bed.

100% my rear shocks are done, camera isnt working, back up sensors not working, and it needs front end work.  shitty gravel roads and lots of towing.

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

100% my rear shocks are done, camera isnt working, back up sensors not working, and it needs front end work.  shitty gravel roads and lots of towing.

Gravel is awful for any vehicle.  The paint and frames take a beating and the dust gets everywhere.

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

That’s a shit load of miles. I think you’ll take the gold here 👍 

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s a shit load of miles. I think you’ll take the gold here 👍 

Yeah i can really rack up the miles on a good year. I only run October to july then take the summer off. Someday i keep thinking i should put in a full year to see how many miles i can do  but i don't want to work that hard lol

• Like 3

2015 Honda Accord Coupe 6-6 is about to roll 100k - solid

2003 Honda Accord Coupe 6-6 is at 216k and very reliable, showing its age though

2013 Honda Accord Coupe 6-6 37k just bought for $15k OTD - a steal

2005 Chevy 1500HD 192k - rusty but trusty - threw $2k at her this summer to hopefully get another 3-4 winters

• Like 1

I couldn’t imagine owning an automobile/light truck without being able to do the work on it myself. Now, I’m really getting WAY too old/fat to crawl around on the floor but I’m working on resolving that part. 

I say this and I lack pretty much all home repair skills so there’s that. If I could just find a few solid local home repair guys to swap labor for labor, I’d be all set. 

• Like 1