The Wealthiest 10% of Americans Own A Record 89% of All U.S. Stocks *

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Tell that to the republicans in congress. The countries infrastructure is falling apart……and oh yeah corporate America benefits from it too.

Curious, how many miles a week do you drive??

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Democrats control it all.  Congress sets the budgets.  Democrats numbers have enough to pass it without a single Republican.

infrastructure is paid for mostly through user fees, forms of taxes and such.  It’s already been paid to upgrade and the fees and taxes will still be charged going forward.  You know who gets those fees????  The rich.  You know who will get the trillions the Democrats want to spend?  The rich!!!  Nobody else will get it.   The rich will have a huge influx of cash to the tune of trillions hit their portfolios

1200_collage.jpg

Right... 

Both parties spend like drunken sailors on shore leave, and your boy was all about being part of it.

55 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It would be great for more people to understand investing and own stocks.  It really isn't as complicated as many think it is.

A combined total of 15.3% of a workers wages are paid into FICA taxes.  Just think if workers could take a portion of that and invest it outside of social security.  Instead, politicians have shut down any discussion of privatizing social security which disproportionately affects the poor.

FICA Tax Rates
Both employees and employers pay FICA taxes at the same rate. FICA taxes are divided into two parts: Social Security tax and Medicare tax. The Social Security tax rate is 6.2% of wages for 2021, and the Medicare tax rate is 1.45% of wages. Together, these make up a tax rate of 7.65% for FICA taxes. If you're self-employed, you'll need to pay for both the employee's and the employer's portion of FICA taxes, which is 15.3% of earnings.

These folks don't get math.  Just say something about Biden and booster shots.

53 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

*fixed 

Biden is a putz
Trump is a human wrecking ball

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

1200_collage.jpg

Right... 

Both parties spend like drunken sailors on shore leave, and your boy 

Yep.  When Trump spent the rich got richer.  When biden spends the rich will get richer.  If the rich aren’t getting richer ultimately it means the economy is shit and everybody not in the rich are in the shit.  You pass a big infrastructure package bill the same guy making the same money will be rolling down the highway in the roller packer packing fresh asphalt and has the same pickup while the infrastructure checks hit the bosses/owners pocket.  They might hire 2 roller packer drivers if the infrastructure checks are big enough!!!!

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You MC jimmy moto and a few others are in the 90 or less category 

Ironic, coming from a guy who belongs to the 0.000001% of the world who believes the world in flat. 

It's unfortunate there's enough spin out there not to invest SS into a simple ETF rather than let it die a certain 0% return death. Thank you Democrats. 

IMO - One of the biggest things I wish would happen ( that I never see anyone discussing) is that a certain % of a publicly traded companies stock buy-backs would go to the employees. Give 90% back to the shareholders, and 10% back to the employees that made the buy-back possible. 

14 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

As Jordon Peterson points out, 26% of Americans have an iq below 90. This is an issue that’s not going away. It may, in fact, be more troubling than the people on top of the economic scale. 

Add in drug and alcohol abuse into that mix and it doesn't look any better. 

11 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

It would be great for more people to understand investing and own stocks.  It really isn't as complicated as many think it is.

A combined total of 15.3% of a workers wages are paid into FICA taxes.  Just think if workers could take a portion of that and invest it outside of social security.  Instead, politicians have shut down any discussion of privatizing social security which disproportionately affects the poor.

FICA Tax Rates
Both employees and employers pay FICA taxes at the same rate. FICA taxes are divided into two parts: Social Security tax and Medicare tax. The Social Security tax rate is 6.2% of wages for 2021, and the Medicare tax rate is 1.45% of wages. Together, these make up a tax rate of 7.65% for FICA taxes. If you're self-employed, you'll need to pay for both the employee's and the employer's portion of FICA taxes, which is 15.3% of earnings.

This is a non starter and we both know why.  The homeless "retirees" would skyrocket.  

This falls into the "Being debt free is stupid when I can use the banks money with easy credit, low interest financing and then take that cash savings and make money in the market!  It's bulletproof!"  :lol: Fast forward to age 65: Still owes on two cars and a house, 'bout 20k in retirement savings and wondering if his company has some sort of pension plan.  :wall:

7 hours ago, akvanden said:

Ironic, coming from a guy who belongs to the 0.000001% of the world who believes the world in flat. 

It's unfortunate there's enough spin out there not to invest SS into a simple ETF rather than let it die a certain 0% return death. Thank you Democrats. 

IMO - One of the biggest things I wish would happen ( that I never see anyone discussing) is that a certain % of a publicly traded companies stock buy-backs would go to the employees. Give 90% back to the shareholders, and 10% back to the employees that made the buy-back possible. 

Fact is, if it were up to the employees to invest in their own company's future, they wouldn't.  Companies know this.  Very few succeed at being 100% "employee owned".

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

I know I’m in your heads when you clowns have to bring up Flat earth. It’s hilarious!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is a non starter and we both know why.  The homeless "retirees" would skyrocket.  

This falls into the "Being debt free is stupid when I can use the banks money with easy credit, low interest financing and then take that cash savings and make money in the market!  It's bulletproof!"  :lol: Fast forward to age 65: Still owes on two cars and a house, 'bout 20k in retirement savings and wondering if his company has some sort of pension plan.  :wall:

Fact is, if it were up to the employees to invest in their own company's future, they wouldn't.  Companies know this.  Very few succeed at being 100% "employee owned".

100% employee owned can be a fallacy.

15 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I have to say my daughter just got her first real job this summer, and she is a little saver! Makes me happy to see how she is with her money

my sons finally become a bit of a saver while my daughter went from saver to spender in college.  Hopefully when they are both out and working I can get them on jus t basic 10% to 401k so they can see how quickly it grows.   I was so focused on saving I made sure my employer counted my coop ed work period to determine when my match would start as part of my sign on package. 

My mother taught me good saving habits,  she was there to reel my dad in a bit.     

• Like 1

13 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

FICA Tax Rates

can't trust people to make good financial decisions for themselves.  Most would just spend it if they had access and then the government would need to pick up the slack in some other way

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

can't trust people to make good financial decisions for themselves.  Most would just spend it if they had access and then the government would need to pick up the slack in some other way

We could let 1 generation fail....that would change attitudes quite a bit.

• Advertising Member
14 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.  When Trump spent the rich got richer.  When biden spends the rich will get richer.  If the rich aren’t getting richer ultimately it means the economy is shit and everybody not in the rich are in the shit.  You pass a big infrastructure package bill the same guy making the same money will be rolling down the highway in the roller packer packing fresh asphalt and has the same pickup while the infrastructure checks hit the bosses/owners pocket.  They might hire 2 roller packer drivers if the infrastructure checks are big enough!!!!

What the fuck is a roller packer.......

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

we don't have the stomach as a society for that.    I'd be all for a bullet for those who are full functioning adults and can't take care of themselves.  

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we don't have the stomach as a society for that.    I'd be all for a bullet for those who are full functioning adults and can't take care of themselves.  

JESUS!  :lol: 

Still, you aren't wrong.  

On the first part: No, we do not.  Humans are a neat species this way.  Better to spread misery and hardship around rather than draw a breaking line and try to curtail society's lazy and incompetent.  Liberals take it one step further and encourage laziness and incompetence....and ship it in too!

3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I disagree it has not even been 100yrs from when the great depression started and look at us . Most of us have been told personal 1st hand  storys of the time . 

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Possibly, but not what I’m advocating. If a company decides to do a $100M stock purchase buy-back, make it $90M and spread $10M in everyone’s next paycheck. That’s what I’m advocating.

Another thing to remember is that many people are invested in their companies future through vested stock options. You want it to do well so you do well.

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

Add in drug and alcohol abuse into that mix and it doesn't look any better. 

The industrialized production of crystal meth should be very troubling to everyone. It's why I took early retirement. This isn't our father's crystal meth. I think the only thing that'll move things into a positive direction is to attack the industrial size labs in Mexico. From the air and land. Border control is a joke. It will never work.