FB humor season is back!!!

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

right beneath it on that page... a 19 SX for $6400 and an 18 SX for $5700

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620648984822042/permalink/3235487833338141/?sale_post_id=3235487833338141

the 200 will probably still be worth more in two years... ;)

I remember when a ZRT 600 wasn't that much brand new

Yeah, that's why my kid rides an Indy 340. My buddy bought a like new zr200 for his kids a couple years ago for 3500 and I thought he was crazy at that price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yeah, that's why my kid rides an Indy 340. My buddy bought a like new zr200 for his kids a couple years ago for 3500 and I thought he was crazy at that price. 

and the 340 will get him into his teen years

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

right beneath it on that page... a 19 SX for $6400 and an 18 SX for $5700

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1620648984822042/permalink/3235487833338141/?sale_post_id=3235487833338141

the 200 will probably still be worth more in two years... ;)

I remember when a ZRT 600 wasn't that much brand new

A sno-x sled is pretty much top of the list of sleds I won't buy for pretty much anything made after 2008 or so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A sno-x sled is pretty much top of the list of sleds I won't buy for pretty much anything made after 2008 or so.

if you look at the 2018 AC SX, it shares a crapload of parts with the 2009-2011 

@fortune46x and I were comparing some notes last winter

not that I'd want an SX for trail riding, just doing wheelies and posing in some sweet FXR gear 9_9

hell, even @Zambroski dumped his 17 SX and bought an RXC  :lol:

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you look at the 2018 AC SX, it shares a crapload of parts with the 2009-2011 

@fortune46x and I were comparing some notes last winter

not that I'd want an SX for trail riding, just doing wheelies and posing in some sweet FXR gear 9_9

hell, even @Zambroski dumped his 17 SX and bought an RXC  :lol:

I saw on HCS that he's on a "mustard bucket" these days.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm trying to finger out WTF happened here. 2023 RXC

Claimed 400 miles and "no indication of bottoming or strange sounds."

image.png.bdf959471b9cefe9f459ec0335930c4a.png

image.thumb.png.3af1585b2fd2d7cd93725bf6c6f6d914.png

image.png.b264a9419047723c1c02c369d8e8da13.png

image.thumb.png.bd2da616d37a9e637882a6d1f4def85e.png

I saw that one. Either it was assembled wrong from the factory or someone took it part and didn’t put it together right. Common thing when people take things apart and don’t know what they are doing. I remember rebuilding a skid in a parking lot back in the day on trip when a person didn’t put things back together properly 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm trying to finger out WTF happened here. 2023 RXC

Claimed 400 miles and "no indication of bottoming or strange sounds."

image.png.bdf959471b9cefe9f459ec0335930c4a.png

image.thumb.png.3af1585b2fd2d7cd93725bf6c6f6d914.png

image.png.b264a9419047723c1c02c369d8e8da13.png

image.thumb.png.bd2da616d37a9e637882a6d1f4def85e.png

I stared at that for a while last night trying to figure it out on ACTR. He had to have had it apart at some point and reinstalled wrong it was obviously flipped at some point. The odds of it flipping once in the sled are about 1% the odds of it flipping and then going back to correct on it’s own are a resounding 0%

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I saw that one. Either it was assembled wrong from the factory or someone took it part and didn’t put it together right. Common thing when people take things apart and don’t know what they are doing. I remember rebuilding a skid in a parking lot back in the day on trip when a person didn’t put things back together properly 

7 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I stared at that for a while last night trying to figure it out on ACTR. He had to have had it apart at some point and reinstalled wrong it was obviously flipped at some point. The odds of it flipping once in the sled are about 1% the odds of it flipping and then going back to correct on it’s own are a resounding 0%

I've been trying to figure it out myself. 

I do feel bad for the guy, but to not hear or notice anything?

The more I look at it, the worse it gets.

Look at the cap on the shock.  That fucker is cracked!  I've fucked some shit up before.  That takes, well, I'm not sure.

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Why is the new trend to raffle off your shit in Facebook groups?? Just post it for sale for 7900 dollars 

A611C10B-BFA8-4A93-9846-BEF5A1BD3B7D.jpeg

The trick is to call it a waffle so you don't get booted off Facebook 

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I've been trying to figure it out myself. 

I do feel bad for the guy, but to not hear or notice anything?

The more I look at it, the worse it gets.

Look at the cap on the shock.  That fucker is cracked!  I've fucked some shit up before.  That takes, well, I'm not sure.

FWIW no one ever hears that.  I've seen it a bunch of times over the years, most of the time the customer is totally oblivious.  Sled in the shop right now 18 turbo, stock exhaust (real quiet on the trails) 

Whoever worked on it last was close....  the "fork" that holds the rear shock was correct (up and away from the track on the bottom) but they managed to put the shock in upside down, resi on top. Damaged the shock and track.

Customer didn't have any idea, he brought the sled in because "the clutch was acting up, and he could smell the belt burning"  Drove it in his trailer, but now it wouldn't move.

PXL_20230201_170843292.jpg

PXL_20230201_170849441.jpg

This isn't the first time somone has had an impact and let all the oil out of their chaincase, and swore they never hit anything....

But it is the first time I've ever seen the reverse chain get so hot that it stretches enough to find its way between the main drive chain and sprocket.

Edited by krom
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Why is the new trend to raffle off your shit in Facebook groups?? Just post it for sale for 7900 dollars 

A611C10B-BFA8-4A93-9846-BEF5A1BD3B7D.jpeg

Those people have a lot of fun when the government gets involved. 

Running an illegal lottery/raffle doesn't go over well when the Big G doesn't get their cut.

1 hour ago, krom said:

FWIW no one ever hears that.  I've seen it a bunch of times over the years, most of the time the customer is totally oblivious.  Sled in the shop right now 18 turbo, stock exhaust (real quiet on the trails) 

Whoever worked on it last was close....  the "fork" that holds the rear shock was correct (up and away from the track on the bottom) but they managed to put the shock in upside down, resi on top. Damaged the shock and track.

Customer didn't have any idea, he brought the sled in because "the clutch was acting up, and he could smell the belt burning"  Drove it in his trailer, but now it wouldn't move.

PXL_20230201_170843292.jpg

PXL_20230201_170849441.jpg

This isn't the first time somone has had an impact and let all the oil out of their chaincase, and swore they never hit anything....

But it is the first time I've ever seen the reverse chain get so hot that it stretches enough to find its way between the main drive chain and sprocket.

I can only imagine.

Having thought about it, I guess I could see it on a RXC.  You have more track noise and the exhaust is louder right out of the box.  

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Those people have a lot of fun when the government gets involved. 

Running an illegal lottery/raffle doesn't go over well when the Big G doesn't get their cut.

I can only imagine.

Having thought about it, I guess I could see it on a RXC.  You have more track noise and the exhaust is louder right out of the box.  

There was someone trying raffle off a firecat for like 9 grand and was in Canada. They got mad when I said the government probably isn’t going to like an international lottery being run