84 month car loans?

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Apparently dealers are adding a "market adjustment" plus a bunch of mandatory options to drive up the price of the few vehicles they have on the lot.  I'ma sit this one out.

This is what smart people do.  I'm in for only what I need to be in...and it's as little as possible.  

I honestly think when this thing let's loose, banks and dealers are gonna be flush with turn-ins of people that can't sell their underwater vehicles and their buyers remorse hits ludicris speed.

• Like 2

I will still keep my eyes open for that good deal, I just don't have any expectations.  Three sleds in the garage ready to go should, I say *should* get me through this winter!

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

How are you 100% sure about the dealer cost part ? I have heard car salesmen spewing that bullshit before, I go down the road another 20 miles, and buy it for 2 grand cheaper. The second dealer must really like me. Man, covid is making people even more stupid than they were before.

Because I'm in the industry.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This is what smart people do.  I'm in for only what I need to be in...and it's as little as possible.  

I honestly think when this thing let's loose, banks and dealers are gonna be flush with turn-ins of people that can't sell their underwater vehicles and their buyers remorse hits ludicris speed.

Same here.  It's ridiculous at this point.  Too much money chasing too few goods.  It will all come crashing down sooner rather than later.

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Apparently dealers are adding a "market adjustment" plus a bunch of mandatory options to drive up the price of the few vehicles they have on the lot.  I'ma sit this one out.

r/Justrolledintotheshop - 2022 Toyota 4Runner *adjusted

r/Justrolledintotheshop - Mercedes, ladies and gents.

r/Justrolledintotheshop - I hear we are posting market adjustment ridiculousness... This was back in the day when they first started arriving at dealerships, only to be snapped up that day.

r/Justrolledintotheshop - I see your $10k Bronco market adjustment, and... Double it to $20k, making a base (!) Bronco $50k!

I said last week I looked at the new frontier the local dealer actually had one. They added a “low inventory” charge of something like that for 2k over msrp 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I said last week I looked at the new frontier the local dealer actually had one. They added a “low inventory” charge of something like that for 2k over msrp 

No problem, just finance it at 0% and use the bank's money.

It's almost as bad as the student loan crisis.  At least with vehicles we don't directly back the loan.  We only bail out the company when they run out of new customers.

image.png.3747687ee4e112df75abc342ef60b042.png

26 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

kia dealers doing that.  coworker wanted to retire his 250k mile commuter car and pick up a forte.  Said fuck it after seeing the 2k add on and is still driving a civic that will be lucky to pass inspection next year.  He's also living in his buddies basement since he has not been bait to find a house since he sold his in July because of the market.     

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

No problem, just finance it at 0% and use the bank's money.

It's almost as bad as the student loan crisis.  At least with vehicles we don't directly back the loan.  We only bail out the company when they run out of new customers.

image.png.3747687ee4e112df75abc342ef60b042.png

I’m all set 😂 I was just checking out the new design in person. Perfectly happy with my old ass paid for beater 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

kia dealers doing that.  coworker wanted to retire his 250k mile commuter car and pick up a forte.  Said fuck it after seeing the 2k add on and is still driving a civic that will be lucky to pass inspection next year.  He's also living in his buddies basement since he has not been bait to find a house since he sold his in July because of the market.     

Ya I’d keep living in the basement wait till it crashes 

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

r/Justrolledintotheshop - 2022 Toyota 4Runner *adjusted

r/Justrolledintotheshop - Mercedes, ladies and gents.

r/Justrolledintotheshop - I hear we are posting market adjustment ridiculousness... This was back in the day when they first started arriving at dealerships, only to be snapped up that day.

r/Justrolledintotheshop - I see your $10k Bronco market adjustment, and... Double it to $20k, making a base (!) Bronco $50k!

Fucking crooked bastards. Thankfully not all dealers are doing this. There’s one dealer in town that refuses to mark their stuff up. It’s not just dealers. It’s the stupid fucks that pay these ridiculous fees. The bronco is this decades PT Cruiser. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya I’d keep living in the basement wait till it crashes 

i don't see any crash coming anytime soon.   I do feel we are topped out but there is no real opportunity to add inventory and NH is desirable.   He's been looking for a decent multifamily as an investment and will live there a year to make it kosher then go buy a house.  as long as it cash flows overpaying for the 4 family is better than overpaying for a single family.  

• Like 1

It's funny because back in the early 90s when I worked at a dealership the banks would not put out notes longer than 60 months as they did not feel comfortable enough with the longevity of the cars at the time. So maybe longer loan periods is a sign of better overall quality.

22 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

It's funny because back in the early 90s when I worked at a dealership the banks would not put out notes longer than 60 months as they did not feel comfortable enough with the longevity of the cars at the time. So maybe longer loan periods is a sign of better overall quality.

domestic car in the 80's was pretty much junkyard ready at 100k so that made sense.