Winter heating bills set to jump as inflation hits home

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

So let's walk through this since I can tell you're getting frustrated with facts.

If traffic dropped, say at any time in 2020, anywhere from 10%-50%, in any state, does that automatically mean delivery drivers stopped driving and delivering? Did you not see that UPS, FedEx and USPS drivers were deemed essential workers? Wouldn't that mean they still had to go drive their vehicles? Now, let's move to the subject of non-essential workers. Literally millions of people transitioned from travelling to their workplace, to working from home. The technology demand was insane trying to meet the demand of a workforce that was working from home now instead of traveling to an office. Do you think that maybe, JUST maybe, a little less gasoline was used by the nation when people were working in their homes? Or did they drive around the block and come back to their houses to they could pretend they were driving to work??

Now, with the reduction in demand, and the effect from C19 itself on the workforce, doesn't it make sense that the oil industry reduced workforce and production? Or do you think they just paid people to stand around when not needed, not counting for labor lost to the virus? Now, as shelter at home has been lifted for some time, and people are more comfortable traveling, don't you think demand has risen this year? Do you think the oil refineries just turned the dial up a little and all of a sudden they were at pre-C19 workforce and production capabilities. I'm sure none of the people that were laid off didn't find other jobs and instead just waited for the refineries to call right? Hint: The entire industry was disrupted. This included countries the US does business with in importing oil as well. Globally the demand for oil fell off a cliff. It is now recovering, and like we're seeing with a LOT of different products and materials, there are issues. Hence the reason the price has been rising.

Why you continually equate an entire industry to what you experience is the perfect example of "if is doesn't affect me, it must not be real". It's a logical fallacy.ย 

And traffic is not the same as it was in 2018. Many industries have moved to a work from home model. Another note, gas prices in 2018 were higher earlier in the year than 2020 and now sit around 10% lower than where they're at now. Not bad considering what has globally happened to the oil industry. (But, but, BIDEN!!!)
image.png.bc394be49bc24e2bf49119796ee4aad7.png

ย 

Backpeddle that shit man you got this! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

backpedal.jpg

Edit: Just heard Jen Psaki...You literally used her talking points word for word. You dems just regurgitate everything you hear on TV. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Backpeddle that shit man you got this! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

backpedal.jpg

Edit: Just heard Jen Psaki...You literally used her talking points word for word. You dems just regurgitate everything you hear on TV. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh no MSM!!! Nice try though. I donโ€™t even know what youโ€™re talking about to be honest.

Trying to maintain a talk track with some of you is an exercise in futility.

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Wait a minute. Youโ€™re listening to Jen Psaki? Interestingโ€ฆ

• Platinum Contributing Member

It's funny, I caught a quick 10 min of news when I got home,..showed a clip of Biden in late 2020 saying there is no direction in this country that's why energy prices are rising, there is no leadership, there is nobody to trust to lead this country..Once I'm sworn in I will fix this..

Thanks Joe!!

:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

Wait a minute. Youโ€™re listening to Jen Psaki? Interestingโ€ฆ

Well ya She is the press secretary....ย am I suppose to just not listen to what this administration is sayingย and just throw my head in the sand?ย 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It's funny, I caught a quick 10 min of news when I got home,..showed a clip of Biden in late 2020 saying there is no direction in this country that's why energy prices are rising, there is no leadership, there is nobody to trust to lead this country..Once I'm sworn in I will fix this..

Thanks Joe!!

:lol:

Remember when sniffy Joe said he would never make vaccines mandatory ?ย 

ย 

20211015_213706.png

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Well ya She is the press secretary....ย am I suppose to just not listen to what this administration is sayingย and just throw my head in the sand?ย 

No, you are not allowed to listen to something and actually form an opinion, you must follow the narrative that is fed to you!!

ย 

I mean right there says it all..

I couldn't imagine being so dense..

On 10/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, Rigid1 said:

Cost me $333 to heat my house last winter, just ordered my heating oil this morning, $773 to heat it this winter..Thanks Joe, glad you're not putting a financial strain on the middle and lower classes... SMH..

ย still got a oil tank . I acctualy really like that hot hotย fuel oil heat .ย ย 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

Again, we were talking about gasoline demand and the drop in prices. Stay at home orders reduced traffic in just about every state. That drove down demand, which in turn drove down gas prices. What you're giggling about I have no idea. I didn't say every business was shutdown. There were "essential workers" that went about business as usual. The overall drop in automotive traffic though, drove down demand. Whether or not your boxes got made or you had record sales, has no bearing on that whatsoever.

So was the gas 3.25 before the so called pandemic ? Not that I remember I I remember when I am dropping 100 bucks per truck and I have not been dropping 100s in a long long time until well nowย 

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So was the gas 3.25 before the so called pandemic ? Not that I remember I I remember when I am dropping 100 bucks per truck and I have not been dropping 100s in a long long time until well nowย 

It was close to it in 2018. I posted the data.

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

ย still got a oil tank . I acctualy really like that hot hotย fuel oil heat .ย ย 

nothing beats Anthracite coal during below zero nightsย  but yeahย ย shit even coal is hitting $300+ a ton , I can remember the old days a ton of coal for $75

15 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Doubt it. Last year was insane and we were not even supposed to travel. This year will be the same. If you rode you might have a clue.ย 

Increased gas prices will have no effect. Good to know. Maybe your group can bring their crying towels and lament about the gas price woes at trail side. :lol:ย 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Increased gas prices will have no effect. Good to know. Maybe your group can bring their crying towels and lament about the gas price woes at trail side. :lol:ย 

No effect on what traveling for sled trips ? Bull shit guys who make routine trips west or MI deff cut down on the numbers last time gas was pushing 4 and 5 bucks . Makes not much diff if driving 2 hrs but driving 6 or 20 it starts adding up when you are only getting 8 to 10ย 

18 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Why would anyone listen to any administration at this point. Be it dem or gop. Theyโ€™re all scams. Waste of fucking time.ย 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Here is the deal numb nuts , last year in New England we were supposed to not travel over state lines without a bullshit covid test that the CDC now says has a 75%ย false positive hence the reason they now have a "NEW" test .........well guess what everyone still rode last year I saw plates in VTย from NY, CT, MAย , PA, NH...nobody listened and yes gas prices were cheap ....So this year the regulations willย totally be ignored 10 fold and despite higher gas prices Guys will be riding 100% guarantee that. So you are old and have not ridden in years, have no clue,ย ย so how about shutting the fuck up?ย 

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why would anyone listen to any administration at this point. Be it dem or gop. Theyโ€™re all scams. Waste of fucking time.ย 

Awesome Backpeddle now that you realize you threw all the eggs in the basket for Biden and all you got was a creepy, hair sniffing, racist, war mongering , dementia ridden,ย  corrupt career politician that has turned America into a disgrace. Fuck You. ๐Ÿ–•

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Here is the deal numb nuts , last year in New England we were supposed to not travel over state lines without a bullshit covid test that the CDC now says has a 75%ย false positive hence the reason they now have a "NEW" test .........well guess what everyone still rode last year I saw plates in VTย from NY, CT, MAย , PA, NH...nobody listened and yes gas prices were cheap ....So this year the regulations willย totally be ignored 10 fold and despite higher gas prices Guys will be riding 100% guarantee that. So you are old and have not ridden in years, have no clue,ย ย so how about shutting the fuck up?ย 

Awesome Backpeddle now that you realize you threw all the eggs in the basket for Biden and all you got was a creepy, hair sniffing, racist, war mongering , dementia ridden,ย  corrupt career politician that has turned America into a disgrace. Fuck You. ๐Ÿ–•

Why would anyone vote for a demented candidate whoโ€™s only strength is beating a big mouth real estate agent?ย 

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why would anyone vote for a demented candidate whoโ€™s only strength is beating a big mouth real estate agent?ย 

TDS akaย small dick syndromeย 

Edited by EvilBird

On 10/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, EvilBird said:

You truly are an idiot . Snowmobiling is a recreational sport.ย 

I am talking about families that cant afford to put $20 more each tank just to get to work , get the kids to school or activities, fuel prices drive up cost of food and everything else for these middle class and lower class families that are STRUGGLING....

As far as me dudeย I fill up my Boat with a 90 Gallon tank this summer every weekend. It sucks to pay 3x more than what it costed just a year ago dont care who you are.... Does that mean I cannot afford to drive it or cant afford to fill my sled and ride that this winter ? Absolutely not! ย Still sucks to spend more money for no reason MORON!ย ย But again YOU DONT SNOWMOBILE so your opinion is SHIT. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

3x more than last year,ย  thats some quality math.ย ย 

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:23 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

@Mainecat care to share??