Winter heating bills set to jump as inflation hits home

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

It's weird that I can order online from Home Depot and Lowes and don't have to travel to the store too. So weird.

And I wonder how so many states had 40-60% reductions in traffic in 2020.

https://www.ite.org/about-ite/covid-19-resources/covid-19-traffic-volume-trends/

Even better how did the cardboard box get made, the tape on your box, the paper your label was on get made let alone what's inside if everything was closed in 2020?? Those Kiebler elves or something??

FYI, I just looked my sales were up 36.3% in 2020..we don't do online sales..:lol:

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Even better how did the cardboard box get made, the tape on your box, the paper your label was on get made let alone what's inside if everything was closed in 2020?? Those Kiebler elves or something??

FYI, I just looked my sales were up 36.3% in 2020..we don't do online sales..:lol:

Again, we were talking about gasoline demand and the drop in prices. Stay at home orders reduced traffic in just about every state. That drove down demand, which in turn drove down gas prices. What you're giggling about I have no idea. I didn't say every business was shutdown. There were "essential workers" that went about business as usual. The overall drop in automotive traffic though, drove down demand. Whether or not your boxes got made or you had record sales, has no bearing on that whatsoever.

1 minute ago, SShooterZ said:

Again, we were talking about gasoline demand and the drop in prices. Stay at home orders reduced traffic in just about every state. That drove down demand, which in turn drove down gas prices. What you're giggling about I have no idea. I didn't say every business was shutdown. There were "essential workers" that went about business as usual. The overall drop in automotive traffic though, drove down demand. Whether or not your boxes got made or you had record sales, has no bearing on that whatsoever.

55 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

Pretty simple, supply and demand. There was no demand last year. Everything was shut down. Now demand is higher, and the industry is recovering to meet demand after it shut down due to C19 and lack of demand. OPEC isn't helping either. Will be interesting to see if we tap the "emergency reserves" to keep the prices steady or lowered.

:backpeddle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

We were on the topic of automotive travel. Do I need to spell it out for you moving forward?

When you ordered online, how the fuck does it get to your house, a magic fucking carpet?? How does the product get to the distribution hub or store? Another magic fucking carpet, I do 1300-1500 a week of windshield time traffic has been normal for well over 18 months.. But anyway, let's go with your fantasy, since traffic is as normal today as it was in 2018 and I will agree for a couple months traffic was down while traveling, but definitely not all of 2020 as you claim..When should we be seeing fuel costs go down to sub $2/gal levels?? In 2-3 months?? In 4-6 months?? or once Biden is out of office??

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

When you ordered online, how the fuck does it get to your house, a magic fucking carpet?? How does the product get to the distribution hub or store? Another magic fucking carpet, I do 1300-1500 a week of windshield time traffic has been normal for well over 18 months.. But anyway, let's go with your fantasy, since traffic is as normal today as it was in 2018 and I will agree for a couple months traffic was down while traveling, but definitely not all of 2020 as you claim..When should we be seeing fuel costs go down to sub $2/gal levels?? In 2-3 months?? In 4-6 months?? or once Biden is out of office??

So let's walk through this since I can tell you're getting frustrated with facts.

If traffic dropped, say at any time in 2020, anywhere from 10%-50%, in any state, does that automatically mean delivery drivers stopped driving and delivering? Did you not see that UPS, FedEx and USPS drivers were deemed essential workers? Wouldn't that mean they still had to go drive their vehicles? Now, let's move to the subject of non-essential workers. Literally millions of people transitioned from travelling to their workplace, to working from home. The technology demand was insane trying to meet the demand of a workforce that was working from home now instead of traveling to an office. Do you think that maybe, JUST maybe, a little less gasoline was used by the nation when people were working in their homes? Or did they drive around the block and come back to their houses to they could pretend they were driving to work??

Now, with the reduction in demand, and the effect from C19 itself on the workforce, doesn't it make sense that the oil industry reduced workforce and production? Or do you think they just paid people to stand around when not needed, not counting for labor lost to the virus? Now, as shelter at home has been lifted for some time, and people are more comfortable traveling, don't you think demand has risen this year? Do you think the oil refineries just turned the dial up a little and all of a sudden they were at pre-C19 workforce and production capabilities. I'm sure none of the people that were laid off didn't find other jobs and instead just waited for the refineries to call right? Hint: The entire industry was disrupted. This included countries the US does business with in importing oil as well. Globally the demand for oil fell off a cliff. It is now recovering, and like we're seeing with a LOT of different products and materials, there are issues. Hence the reason the price has been rising.

Why you continually equate an entire industry to what you experience is the perfect example of "if is doesn't affect me, it must not be real". It's a logical fallacy. 

And traffic is not the same as it was in 2018. Many industries have moved to a work from home model. Another note, gas prices in 2018 were higher earlier in the year than 2020 and now sit around 10% lower than where they're at now. Not bad considering what has globally happened to the oil industry. (But, but, BIDEN!!!)
image.png.bc394be49bc24e2bf49119796ee4aad7.png

Edited by SShooterZ
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SShooterZ said:

So let's walk through this since I can tell you're getting frustrated with facts.

If traffic dropped, say at any time in 2020, anywhere from 10%-50%, in any state, does that automatically mean delivery drivers stopped driving and delivering? Did you not see that UPS, FedEx and USPS drivers were deemed essential workers? Wouldn't that mean they still had to go drive their vehicles? Now, let's move to the subject of non-essential workers. Literally millions of people transitioned from travelling to their workplace, to working from home. The technology demand was insane trying to meet the demand of a workforce that was working from home now instead of traveling to an office. Do you think that maybe, JUST maybe, a little less gasoline was used by the nation when people were working in their homes? Or did they drive around the block and come back to their houses to they could pretend they were driving to work??

Now, with the reduction in demand, and the effect from C19 itself on the workforce, doesn't it make sense that the oil industry reduced workforce and production? Or do you think they just paid people to stand around when not needed, not counting for labor lost to the virus? Now, as shelter at home has been lifted for some time, and people are more comfortable traveling, don't you think demand has risen this year? Do you think the oil refineries just turned the dial up a little and all of a sudden they were at pre-C19 workforce and production capabilities. I'm sure none of the people that were laid off didn't find other jobs and instead just waited for the refineries to call right? Hint: The entire industry was disrupted. This included countries the US does business with in importing oil as well. Globally the demand for oil fell off a cliff. It is now recovering, and like we're seeing with a LOT of different products and materials, there are issues. Hence the reason the price has been rising.

Why you continually equate an entire industry to what you experience is the perfect example of "if is doesn't affect me, it must not be real". It's a logical fallacy. 

And traffic is not the same as it was in 2018. Many industries have moved to a work from home model. Another note, gas prices in 2018 were higher earlier in the year than 2020 and now sit around 10% lower than where they're at now. Not bad considering what has globally happened to the oil industry. (But, but, BIDEN!!!)

Ouch. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

If everything was closed how did HD get the product, how did the product get manufactured, checked in, put in it's area, then your order processed, a pick ticket shot out, it picked and packaged, it shipped, it picked up, and it get delivered all by a closed business??:lol:

Just stop, your arguing with the work from home laptop crowd.

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Just stop, your arguing with the work from home laptop crowd.

I know, it's funny, he goes from everything was closed in 2020 to I never said everything was closed in 2020..the libs are just fucking wacked in the head

1 hour ago, SShooterZ said:

Cool story bro, so when's gas going back down?? Everything is wide open now..People are traveling all over again..When's it gonna happen?? 

And why is my home heating oil so high priced, it doesn't run in a car and obviously with people home they they are consuming more, same with NG and propane?. Why so high?? People we're home and consumed more??

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I know, it's funny, he goes from everything was closed in 2020 to I never said everything was closed in 2020..the libs are just fucking wacked in the head

Again, the topic was fuel costs. Not my fault you can’t follow a topic.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Cool story bro, so when's gas going back down?? Everything is wide open now..People are traveling all over again..When's it gonna happen?? 

And why is my home heating oil so high priced, it doesn't run in a car and obviously with people home they they are consuming more, same with NG and propane?. Why so high?? People we're home and consumed more??

Easy. When supply catches up.

Is home oil processed through the same refineries? I honestly don’t know, but if it is, see above.

Again, the topic was fuel costs. Not my fault you can’t follow a topic.

You fucking idiot, read the fucking title to the thread..:lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If you bitch about a few more dollars to fill your sled’s tank, then you can’t afford to snowmobile. 

Right there I know you ride alone . Do you ride with your wife ? to ride with one kid two kid three kids four kids or 3 or four kids and a wife? Then you’ll say you should either make more money or not ride with your kids. Skiing ? 80 per person per day. How about that gas in the truck that you need to do work out of that’s extra hundred a week. If You’re not an average American don’t talk like you are.

Not all people do things on their own. There are things called families.

And btw, everything else is up too. Makes it real hard for lots of folks. And since when is an issue for people wanting to save as much money as they can and keep as much of their money as they come?

Edited by CFM

Easy. When supply catches up.

Is home oil processed through the same refineries? I honestly don’t know, but if it is, see above.

Last time I checked, propane and NG do not come from an oil refinery..I could be wrong, but pretty sure I'm right

Just called a propane supplier to get a set date on switching my tank at the cabin from another provider. Now mind you I called a couple of weeks ago and the new customer price was $1.49 a gallon. Today that price was $2.09 a gallon. $.60 difference in 2 weeks. Unreal......

4 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

Curious, how did Biden drive up gas prices?

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I think the better question would be what is the Biden admin doing or not doing that the Trump admin did to lower fuel and energy costs??

:news:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

You fucking idiot, read the fucking title to the thread..:lol: 

JFC Is that ADHD?

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If you bitch about a few more dollars to fill your sled’s tank, then you can’t afford to snowmobile. 

You truly are an idiot . Snowmobiling is a recreational sport. 

I am talking about families that cant afford to put $20 more each tank just to get to work , get the kids to school or activities, fuel prices drive up cost of food and everything else for these middle class and lower class families that are STRUGGLING....

As far as me dude I fill up my Boat with a 90 Gallon tank this summer every weekend. It sucks to pay 3x more than what it costed just a year ago dont care who you are.... Does that mean I cannot afford to drive it or cant afford to fill my sled and ride that this winter ? Absolutely not!  Still sucks to spend more money for no reason MORON!  But again YOU DONT SNOWMOBILE so your opinion is SHIT. 🤦‍♂️😂

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

You truly are an idiot . Snowmobiling is a recreational sport. 

I am talking about families that cant afford to put $20 more each tank just to get to work , get the kids to school or activities, fuel prices drive up cost of food and everything else for these middle class and lower class families that are STRUGGLING....

As far as me dude I fill up my Boat with a 90 Gallon tank this summer every weekend. It sucks to pay 3x more than what it costed just a year ago dont care who you are.... Does that mean I cannot afford to drive it or cant afford to fill my sled and ride that this winter ? Absolutely not!  Still sucks to spend more money for no reason MORON!  But again YOU DONT SNOWMOBILE so your opinion is SHIT. 🤦‍♂️😂

The trails will be less congested. 

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

When Biden is out of office would be a great start...

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The trails will be less congested. 

Doubt it. Last year was insane and we were not even supposed to travel. This year will be the same. If you rode you might have a clue.