A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

So what does that have to do with record numbers of people quitting their jobs?

OMG, there were a lot of restaurants that had to go out of business or just plain did not need the service workers.  In order to go work another job, you have to quit the one you are laid off from. 

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

OMG, there were a lot of restaurants that had to go out of business or just plain did not need the service workers.  In order to go work another job, you have to quit the one you are laid off from. 

Oh, so you think this was due to people who were laid off quitting their jobs? 

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Some restaurant owners and their staff deserve Frontline Hero Status just for putting up with assholes. 

Example my friend sent me from his favorite northwoods bar and grill.

IMG_20211013_121737.jpg

Tell me you're a shit employer without telling me you're a shit employer...

17 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I really don't see it, I'm seeing the opposite, people seem to be pretty dang understanding and nice

i've seen a fair amount of Cunts at places whining about slow service and prior to the vax mask rules etc.   I can see why places who are still doing retarded shit liek vax cards and masks are having issues with patrons whose patience wore thin.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Tell me you're a shit employer without telling me you're a shit employer...

:lol:  yes they should be paying $30hr clearly for what's really a 10-15/hr job in a normal economy

Will be interesting when the job market tanks and lots of jobs had tech replace them.   not going to be good for the middle class or the poor IMO

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  yes they should be paying $30hr clearly for what's really a 10-15/hr job in a normal economy

Will be interesting when the job market tanks and lots of jobs had tech replace them.   not going to be good for the middle class or the poor IMO

img_2_1632350670439.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, Mag6240 said:

Then stop acting like an asshole!  The service industry people I deal with look forward to me coming in.....

Funny, some can’t seem to realize people see them coming and avoid them like the plague.  So they find a captive audience to complain and spread their negativity.  
Like in the Airplane movie where the guy is blithering on and the passengers are killing them selves so they don’t have to listen anymore. 

29 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've seen a fair amount of Cunts at places whining about slow service and prior to the vax mask rules etc.   I can see why places who are still doing retarded shit liek vax cards and masks are having issues with patrons whose patience wore thin.  

From what I've heard, whiny, annoying big city fuksticks that bought northwoods retreats in the past my year and expect big city treatment from the 'hick' employees.  

Does it remind you of...

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

19 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ve stopped being shocked at the rudeness that I see clerks and waitresses having to deal with. There’s some real dick fucks out there. Wisconsin had a reputation for having a friendly work environment compared some other states. But even that has changed. 

And let me guess, you don't have the balls to call out people when you see it?  On two separate occasions, I've seen it happen (I was the guy one of those times that told a guy to stop being such a dick) and those people who are being assholes need to be called on it.  The restaurant staff have to bite their tongue, and tolerate the rudeness ... we don't.  In fact, I was told by several people "thank you" when I called out the douchebag that was being rude.  Grow a spine, and stand up for the workers when you see it - it's not their fault.

18 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I really don't see it, I'm seeing the opposite, people seem to be pretty dang understanding and nice

Other than a handful of occasions (see above), we've been seeing the same thing with people being MORE understanding now and just happy to be out.  The last time we were out as a group (6 of us), it allowed us to have another cocktail in between our order and our food arriving.  Not a bad situation at all.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

From what I've heard, whiny, annoying big city fuksticks that bought northwoods retreats in the past my year and expect big city treatment from the 'hick' employees.  

Does it remind you of...

We've had our place up Nth for over 30 years and become friends with many of the locals and local establishments.  It's almost funny to watch when some people come in with that attitude and some things that may or may not happen which is a little different than the norm.  On the other hand when people come from outside the area with a nice attitude how they are treated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

We've had our place up Nth for over 30 years and become friends with many of the locals and local establishments.  It's almost funny to watch when some people come in with that attitude and some things that may or may not happen which is a little different than the norm.  On the other hand when people come from outside the area with a nice attitude how they are treated.

Can you imagine what's going on behind the scenes for the people who are being douchebags?  A little "treat" here and there in a drink or mixed with their food? LOL   It's the quick version of karma :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

100% True 

I've also seen the complete opposite.  Once saw a shotgun come out from under the bar when some drunken big city dicks initially refused to leave an establishment and being rude to the server, which was the Bt/owners daughter.  

• Like 1