Gruden is out. WTH?

6 minutes ago, Winterman said:

It says he exchanged topless photos of chicks with someone else I've never heard of.

Including some of the cheerleaders.

Anyone here got those pics?

• Haha 4

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Crowder said:

Well you can beat women and still be an NFL player, but if you use some offensive terms in a private conversation as a coach, you are toast. 

Exactly! This is a PC sham!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My initial reaction was, this is complete bullshit ... thinking his resignation came after yesterday's initial news about the e-mail from 2010-2011 and being 10 years ago.  But after hearing this went on until up around 2018 and Gruden kept using e-mail??  Uhhhh ... not so bright there, Coach.  I'm completely against all the cancel culture bullshit, but his claim of resigning so he's not a distraction to the team is a legit resignation IMO.  He'd have players not trusting him any longer, and he'd be under such a microscope it'd be impossible to work for/with him.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Good luck ever winning championships in Vegas.   Pro sports teams have avoided that city for decades for a reason.

The Golden Knights made the Cup Finals in 2018 and they are a recent expansion teams and Pro teams avoided Vegas in the past because of the gambling issue which is now a non factor. 
BTW what does this have to Don with Grudens emails? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Golden Knights made the Cup Finals in 2018 and they are a recent expansion teams and Pro teams avoided Vegas in the past because of the gambling issue which is now a non factor. 

Yup

this one the one franchise where i think he could have apologized and not quit unless he lost the players with what he said.   would be legit cause to fire him IMO,  lets all remember thee is freedom of speech but not freedom from consequences.  those are the things you can say and get away with most of the time in conversation but putting them in emails is just leaving bullets on the table with a gun.  

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just expanding on the topic being he coaches the Raiders.  Pretty much happens in every thread.   

The gambling issue isn't the only reason why teams have often avoided Vegas.   Its the 24hr a day 7 days a week party and chick scene they were concerned about.   Yes I know every big city has its temptations but few like Vegas.  Wives don't think of Vegas as the ideal place to raise a family. 

Edited by Highmark

58 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My initial reaction was, this is complete bullshit ... thinking his resignation came after yesterday's initial news about the e-mail from 2010-2011 and being 10 years ago.  But after hearing this went on until up around 2018 and Gruden kept using e-mail??  Uhhhh ... not so bright there, Coach.  I'm completely against all the cancel culture bullshit, but his claim of resigning so he's not a distraction to the team is a legit resignation IMO.  He'd have players not trusting him any longer, and he'd be under such a microscope it'd be impossible to work for/with him.

Didn't one of the players on the Raiders announce sometime earlier this year he was gay to the team and the world......

5 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Didn't one of the players on the Raiders announce sometime earlier this year he was gay to the team and the world......

Yes…Carl Nassib…good player.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just expanding on the topic being he coaches the Raiders.  Pretty much happens in every thread.   

The gambling issue isn't the only reason why teams have often avoided Vegas.   Its the 24hr a day 7 days a week party and chick scene they were concerned about.   Yes I know every big city has its temptations but few like Vegas.  Wives don't think of Vegas as the ideal place to raise a family. 

Well the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys teams seemed to do just fine and Dallas presented no roadblocks for booze, blow and broads!🤣