How fucking dumb do you have to be...

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Trump realized he'd never get elected unless he joined the party and tried to get them behind him

He could stir up the system running outside of the D/R in the next election.  Unless the dems did something similar though it would guarantee a republlican loss.

26 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

He could stir up the system running outside of the D/R in the next election.  Unless the dems did something similar though it would guarantee a republlican loss.

I agree, but the media remains a problem.  We've seen how shameless they are, and the coordinated narratives are just so disgusting.  

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

good way to make sure we get another dem in 2024.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Exactly ... the mid terms next year will be a tell tale sign of how 2024 will go.  I still question what Biden will do to improve his approval ratings (or if he'll even make it to 2024).

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bernie needs to run as an indy with AOC to level the field if trump rant libertarian.  It would actually be the best thing that could happen to us in the country to divide out the candidates to better represent ones views.   Just not sure Trumps actions after he lost would let him carry the right leaning middle that truly would like to break away from the religious right.  Him not having to pander to the religious right would be excellent since it was just an act.  

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And this is exactly how they keep you sheep in line. 

Just stop voting. Participating in this sham is tacit submission to their authority. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just what exactly is the middle ground?   Even that to each of us is likely somewhat different.  It surely isn't what Bernie and "the squad" are pushing for.  Parts of what moto claims to desire is not all that far at least in the direction of that many of us want....less govt but deep down how much of America really wants that.

Point is there is no magical 3rd or 4th or 5th party because those not happy with the 2 we have are still significantly divided in many key issues.   I'd love to see candidates not tied to the existing 2 parties be more successful in elections but to think they are going to fit your ideals any more than some of the current candidates is wishful thinking at best.  

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just what exactly is the middle ground?   Even that to each of us is likely somewhat different.  It surely isn't what Bernie and "the squad" are pushing for.  Parts of what moto claims to desire is not all that far at least in the direction of that many of us want....less govt but deep down how much of America really wants that.

Point is there is no magical 3rd or 4th or 5th party because those not happy with the 2 we have are still significantly divided in many key issues.   I'd love to see candidates not tied to the existing 2 parties be more successful in elections but to think they are going to fit your ideals any more than some of the current candidates is wishful thinking at best.  

Good post.  
The mythical 3rd party cure all.  How about we start holding political leadership to the same standards as NFL coaches.  No fucking around there….You’re gone. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Good post.  
The mythical 3rd party cure all.  How about we start holding political leadership to the same standards as NFL coaches.  No fucking around there….You’re gone. 

Yep the idea that another party will completely fit or be ideal for anyone who doesn't think enough of their values are matched by the current 2 party system is laughable.  

Don't get me wrong I want candidates to run as independents but chances are a so called "middle party" would only make one of the other 2 stronger.  Maybe even both.

I think its too late to recover. Both parties have become "For Profit" organizations and they're in charge of making the rules. No way they'll give up their power and wealth. And they'll make sure no outside party disrupts it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Good post.  

How do you propose that be accomplished? 

Are you going to have some sort of King that comes in and removes them with like the military or something?

55 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

How do you propose that be accomplished? 

Are you going to have some sort of King that comes in and removes them with like the military or something?

No, I figured some poorly constructed memes on the internet would accomplish it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Ding ding

61757847_2298626283561365_1899332287451889664_n.thumb.jpg.e3ec9118942ba76db5aaaf746c9df712.jpg

Not going to add to ruining the meme thread, so I’ll move this here. 
How do you ever convince the American people they are the real  problem? How can we ever reach this goal with a corrupt media?  

2 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

I think its too late to recover. Both parties have become "For Profit" organizations and they're in charge of making the rules. No way they'll give up their power and wealth. And they'll make sure no outside party disrupts it.

Yes.

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How do you ever convince the American people they are the real  problem? How can we ever reach this goal with a corrupt media?  

War.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yep the idea that another party will completely fit or be ideal for anyone who doesn't think enough of their values are matched by the current 2 party system is laughable.  

Don't get me wrong I want candidates to run as independents but chances are a so called "middle party" would only make one of the other 2 stronger.  Maybe even both.

The problem is those that call themselves Independent, Bernie for example, are nothing but shills. They have no guts. Talk a bunch of shit but when they're told to go kneel in the corner they do as they're told.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

You don't because the people aren't the problem, the system is the problem. 

9 hours ago, motonoggin said:

And this is exactly how they keep you sheep in line. 

Just stop voting. Participating in this sham is tacit submission to their authority. 

I've contemplated just that, as I'm convinced the integrity of the voting system has been corrupted.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I've contemplated just that, as I'm convinced the integrity of the voting system has been corrupted.

It's been that way for a long, long time. 

They can't manufacture consent if people quit voting.