California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

it is nice but with the newer emissions the mileage isnt there and the costs suck. But I will keep mine till it hits 200k

I didn’t know a whole lot about the regen cycling on the MB sprinters until looking at them recently. When they start developing problems they can be an absolute nightmare. In part because MB dealers are somewhat scarce and not all work on sprinters. That’s the last thing I’d want if I’m on the road somewhere. At least with Ford and ram there’s topically a close dealer for warranty work. Advantage gasser. 

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

I’ve been driving a Chevy 6.6 diesel since I bought it new in 2017. I love the way that motor tows. My occasional heavy load is around 17k pounds and it’s like it’s not there. When I do allow myself to fantasize about a new truck that I would want because my max tow might be around 8k, I’d be looking at the Ford F-150 hybrid… but boy, towing with a diesel pickup that gets up to max torque of almost 1000 ft lbs at only 2000rpm is soooooo nice. 

yeah it is.  I miss owning a diesel pickup.  i just don't tow enough to justify one, for that matter, I probably don't tow enough to justify even owning a 2500 lol

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

That looks pretty weak

If its got over 2000 lbs of pressure, it would be probably be ok for on our boat, or in the back of a pickup for dirtbikes, etc..  Not so much for heavier requirement jobs like house cleaning.

12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ships operate in international waters. Can’t do shit about that. Not to mention that many are ancient as fuck. 

They still build them running bunker fuel and your heros in CA still welcome them in with open arms yet ban weed whips.  But Cary on with your spin 

57 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah it is.  I miss owning a diesel pickup.  i just don't tow enough to justify one, for that matter, I probably don't tow enough to justify even owning a 2500 lol

I only buy 1/2 ton trucks I put load range E or D tread on them and run em all over 200k with pallets of tile or sheetrock etc etc in the beds regularly trailers hooked up at least 1 time a week . I have air bags in the ford's but it is  rare they are pumped up .

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I didn’t know a whole lot about the regen cycling on the MB sprinters until looking at them recently. When they start developing problems they can be an absolute nightmare. In part because MB dealers are somewhat scarce and not all work on sprinters. That’s the last thing I’d want if I’m on the road somewhere. At least with Ford and ram there’s topically a close dealer for warranty work. Advantage gasser. 

Diesels are so complex today it just doesn't make sense for most people.  I think my next truck will be an F250 with the Godzilla engine, 7.3L pushrod V8 gasser.

Yup.

plus news never tellsanyone  how much emissions come out if 1 tanker / cargo ship on it’s voyage from overseas. And how many tankers out there. Fucking massive amts. Go take a google look. 

Edited by CFM

@ZR6000RR

Welcome aboard!

LOL, They could never pull that kind of shit off up here. 

Sorry, you can't come on to my property to inspect my lawn mower...  That's not a 2 stroke Lawn Boy. It is just pollen flying through the air....

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

That story should be good for what????  20-25 cents per gallon at the pump.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am glad I do not live in California but if I did I would purchase all my gas powered equipment out of state. What are they going to do about it? Take away your birthday?

" no soup for you "