California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

32 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I wonder what caused the gas prices to go up?

Conspicuous Consumption

Why do people think gasoline went to $1 or less per gallon in 2020, because of something Trump did?  LOL... at one point before Covid really took off he was talking about buying oil for the strategic reserves because it was discounted and he wanted votes from the oil producing states.

Am I the only one that invested in oil when the round earth stopped using it during the pandemic on this board?  Oil related companies lost their asses in 2020 when traffic (especially air travel) went to almost nothing.  Simple logic dictated prices would go back up with the help of OPEC, Russia, Democrats in control, a worldwide move to a green agenda and EVs. 

Not sure when I'll close my positions but I'm well past my one year goal, and it's still going up.  In under 13, currently at 95 pps 

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

We in the US use to be able to light some of our waterways on fire before the government intervened.

We could also smoke pot and do blow and build our homes close to a old slew if we wanted to we could have a well in out yard if we did not want city water . This list could go on for days 

35 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Sure do. And numb nuts says this has nothing to do with public safety. Clean air is paramount to public safety. 

Go fuck your self you sure shit know if you ran every small motor in America for 50 fucking years non stop it would not come close to the emissions put out by 1 bunker fuel burning cargo ship on a 1 way trip from the battery plant in China.  But carry on with the spin 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Go fuck your self you sure shit know if you ran every small motor in America for 50 fucking years non stop it would not come close to the emissions put out by 1 bunker fuel burning cargo ship on a 1 way trip from the battery plant in China.  But carry on with the spin 

Doesn’t bother me a bit. I’m all for the electric stuff. 

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What about one oil tanker from the Middle East, or a cargo ship full single cylinder engines from over seas

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Honestly a 5-6hp 21" lawn mower puts out more carbon emissions in an hour of run time than 40 modern cars do in a day. But yeah, a cargo ship is the worst polluter in the world.

Well, I’d rather have that cargo ship out in the middle of the ocean most of the time. I’m older, in my early 60s and recently got  diagnosed with small airway disease. I’ve lived in a metro area my entire life, but now have land in northern Wisconsin. I have an RV with a light grey rubber roof and when I store it outside at my home for the winter, by spring the top is almost black. I then keep it up north all summer. Last week I was up there to adjust the antenna and noticed the roof is light grey again. 

Bottom line is I think my lungs will be much happier for a longer time with the cleaner air. In my previous line of work I experienced first hand people, kids, middle age and elderly who were fighting for air with lung diseases. None of them complained about the price of gas…it was the furthest thing from their mind, all they wanted was that next breath. 

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

So dose he plug it in to a current bush ? 

Like CA dose not have enough rolling black outs lol 

A old guy in my parts has one of those with no deck on it and a rack on the back and he drives it to town and back . He said it was a lot less than one of the scooters . Cops don't fuck with him about it at all 

wtf would he need a current bush?

it's battery powered and he plugs it into the receptacle in his shed to recharge. I tried it one day after he was done with his  1/2 acre lawn. Mine is only about 1/4 acre and when I was done it was still going strong.

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have a slew of Milwaukee electric tools and yard work tools.  String trimmer is excellent, gave my old 2s huffer to a neighbors kid who is using the engine for an RC boat project.  Sold my 2006 Husqvarna 320 chain saw this summer for what I paid for it new and will likely replace it with an electric next year.  The only thing 'smoky' I'm sticking with for now is my backpack leaf blower... because its awesome and we have a ton of trees around our house.

Imo Cali's new law won't affect most people in reality.  It should also make the price of used gas equipment more valuable to those looking to go electric. 

Lastly, this was my grandfather's Jacobson my dad used as a kid which I have stored since 2001.  The old two smoke probably isn't Cali friendly huh? :lol:

IMG_20210812_201624992.jpg

IMG_20210812_201545689.jpg

I had a few of those mowers when I was a kid, I would take the tube they used for a muffler off and it doubled the power, put one on my mini bike was more powerful than the 3.5 HP briggs until it shucked a rod.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I had a few of those mowers when I was a kid, I would take the tube they used for a muffler off and it doubled the power, put one on my mini bike was more powerful than the 3.5 HP briggs until it shucked a rod.

In it's time, it was a high end mower and those blades are whirling.  The engines were also used on go karts back in the day.  Need to find an air filter and a bag for it.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

In it's time, it was a high end mower and those blades are whirling.  The engines were also used on go karts back in the day.  Need to find an air filter and a bag for it.

They really were built very well and cut awesome. I guess it was the oil I used back then but the exhaust ports plugged up often.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Remember the auto manus fighting airbags?

Yes I do. Then the dot told em if they can get 25 states to pass seat belt laws they didnt have to install airbags. 

They got the laws passed and then consumer demand had them put in airbags. Now 49 states are stuck with more laws.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Doesn’t bother me a bit. I’m all for the electric stuff. 

Again all for show . You know the real polluters are not even talked about. This is all just fodder  for dipshits and frankly I am glad they did I  hope they keep pushing . Eventually there will only be non producing lemming left flowing around CA trying to figure out why there property is worth jack shit and they quit getting free stuff and can't get a job 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Oscar Wilson Engines, check 'em out.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Again all for show . You know the real polluters are not even talked about. This is all just fodder  for dipshits and frankly I am glad they did I  hope they keep pushing . Eventually there will only be non producing lemming left flowing around CA trying to figure out why there property is worth jack shit and they quit getting free stuff and can't get a job 

Ships operate in international waters. Can’t do shit about that. Not to mention that many are ancient as fuck. 

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ships operate in international waters. Can’t do shit about that. Not to mention that many are ancient as fuck. 

They are working on that….  Couple years ships dropping loads in Cali will need to be cleaned up significantly

https://calmatters.org/environment/2020/08/california-ships-trucks-pollution-ports/

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They are working on that….  Couple years ships dropping loads in Cali will need to be cleaned up significantly

https://calmatters.org/environment/2020/08/california-ships-trucks-pollution-ports/

I’m rethinking a diesel sprinter. Between higher fuel costs, the complicated fuel system, and increased maintenance costs they’re quickly losing any advantage. Honestly, they’ve pretty much lost any advantage.  The Promaster or Ford’s gasser vans are more practical options. And who knows what kind of diesel fuel guidelines are coming down the pike?

8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m rethinking a diesel sprinter. Between higher fuel costs, the complicated fuel system, and increased maintenance costs they’re quickly losing any advantage. Honestly, they’ve pretty much lost any advantage.  The Promaster or Ford’s gasser vans are more practical options. And who knows what kind of diesel fuel guidelines are coming down the pike?

I’ve been driving a Chevy 6.6 diesel since I bought it new in 2017. I love the way that motor tows. My occasional heavy load is around 17k pounds and it’s like it’s not there. When I do allow myself to fantasize about a new truck that I would want because my max tow might be around 8k, I’d be looking at the Ford F-150 hybrid… but boy, towing with a diesel pickup that gets up to max torque of almost 1000 ft lbs at only 2000rpm is soooooo nice. 

Edited by Phenom
Fricken spell check

8 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I’ve been driving a Chevy 6.6 diesel since I bought it new in 2017. I love the way that motor tows. My occasional heavy load is around 17k pounds and it’s like it’s not there. When I do allow myself to fantasize about a new truck that I would want because my max tow might be around 8k, I’d be looking at the Ford F-150 hybrid… but boy, towing with a diesel pickup that gets up to max torque of almost 1000 ft lbs at only 2000rpm is soooooo nice. 

it is nice but with the newer emissions the mileage isnt there and the costs suck. But I will keep mine till it hits 200k

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Battery pressure washer - do they even make them?

Generator is battery too? Lol

Plug in electric pressure washers are available. There are also portable battery power packs..

IMG_5006.jpg

Edited by Rigid1