California law bans small off-road gas engines, including lawnmowers and chainsaws

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Hmm, maybe because off this Cali situation, Milwaukee will expand into mowers, both push and riding…I wonder what Milwaukee tools stock is trading at…might be a good investment? V

My 70 year old neighbor got tired of fucking around with maintaining and keeping gas on hand for his gas riding mower and bought one of these. Works great. He mows roughly a 1/2 acre.

Photo: Product Image

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396028969

41 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They didn't have to ban the sale of horses to get you to change to autos.  FFS.

The government did have to legislate the sale of leaded gas and introduce clean air legislation for vehicles. California did lead the way on this stuff. The mfg’s fought it every inch of the way. Government does play a role in public safety such as matters concerning clean air and water. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The government did have to legislate the sale of leaded gas and introduce clean air legislation for vehicles. California did lead the way on this stuff. The mfg’s fought it every inch of the way. Government does play a role in public safety such as matters concerning clean air and water. 

They're also good at peddling the bullshit called Global Warming. 

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Has nothing to do with banning horses to get you to buy an automobile and for you and the government to say this is about public safety is just more about the deception you fool.

Electric is fine for the people who want and can use it.  I can't for the most part.  The Stihl Kombi system works good for me.  I can switch between the trimmer, blower, pole saw, sweeper, roto tiller, etc. in just a few seconds.  One power unit to deal with and I run it at least a couple times a week from spring through fall.

Haven't run my Stihl MS170 chain saw much but when I was clearing our property I put tank after tank through it.  Electric might work but why spend the money?  The Milwaukee is $500 for the saw with a battery, plus another $250 for a spare battery.  My whole saw doesn't cost as much as the spare battery.

Ran my gas power washer yesterday for awhile washing my atv, which the electric would be fine for.  Then ran it for a couple hours power washing some concrete.  Not doing that with an electric.

image.thumb.png.4e84589e077da613915eedd7f3381acc.png

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Well considering I've been in the power equipment industry for 27 years, I'm a sales rep for a company that distributes outdoor power equipment including battery equipment and I also own a landscape business, and I am also involved in R&D with power equipment including battery equipment I'm going to say I'm pretty damn knowledgeable on it's capabilities and limitations..:lol:

Facts don't matter in this world !!!!! Just a lie with a face showing shock and awe will do it. Crazy what I just said is right. Uggh. :(

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, CFM said:

Facts don't matter in this world !!!!! Just a lie with a face showing shock and awe will do it. Crazy what I just said is right. Uggh. :(

It's interesting how some think or the lack there of

18 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

They're also good at peddling the bullshit called Global Warming. 

Global warming = bullshit

Covid = bullshit

Round earth = bullshit

Everything Science = bullshit 

Bullshit...

I just don't get it... 

1790854419_200(1).gif.f1c1b28f745159dc5ab2c144ee26a071.gif 

for most homeowners no big deal.  for a business doing many yards a day or cutting in the forest they better maintain their shit real well and stock up on spares before.  

I have considered going to electric for the chainsaw on top of the blower and trimmer i use but i haven't killed the 20 year old wild thing yet the suits my needs.    

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Phenom said:

Awesome, I’m just wondering if you went out to the wood lot with the Milwaukee chainsaw and a couple of 12ah batteries and experienced it for yourself. My buddy has a Mikita and mine runs circles around his. 

18 volt??:lol:

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Remember the auto manus fighting airbags?

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Remember the auto manus fighting airbags?

This isn't about safety issue, but you and the other dipshits keep on falling for it.  Why don't you move out to CALI?  So far they haven't been able to convince the rest of the US to follow suit.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This isn't about safety issue, but you and the other dipshits keep on falling for it.  Why don't you move out to CALI?  So far they haven't been able to convince the rest of the US to follow suit.

Actually a fair amount have followed cali.  36% of the US vehicle market to be exact.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2021-08/177_states_080521.pdf

It’s a law for optics. The industry is just naturally moving that direction anyway. For your average person that uses a chain saw or hedge trimmer just a few times per year electric is superior. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

With the way gas prices are the less put into lawn equipment means more that is available to be bitched about on cost when put into teen mpg fuel economy pickups!

Great point.  Have you seen the mpg of the new Grand Cherokee 6.4 yet?   Horrific.

Hell, I just changed gearing on the old beater Tahoe from 3.73 to 3.42 for chasing back and forth to the cottage and highway driving.  Picked up 2-3mpg on average.  My boat and sleds are light so no concerns there.  

3 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

My 70 year old neighbor got tired of fucking around with maintaining and keeping gas on hand for his gas riding mower and bought one of these. Works great. He mows roughly a 1/2 acre.

Photo: Product Image

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396028969

So dose he plug it in to a current bush ? 

Like CA dose not have enough rolling black outs lol 

A old guy in my parts has one of those with no deck on it and a rack on the back and he drives it to town and back . He said it was a lot less than one of the scooters . Cops don't fuck with him about it at all 

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

With the way gas prices are the less put into lawn equipment means more that is available to be bitched about on cost when put into teen mpg fuel economy pickups!

I wonder what caused the gas prices to go up?