I’d love a new Thundercat. Fastest sled on snow

Rod

1 hour ago, Premium said:

I definitely agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, every brand has had styling misfires imo. I find the twin spar Cats laughably ugly for example... don't know how those ever got styling approval.

AC twin spar, Polaris Fusion, Ski-Doo Rev Gen 1 and 4, Yamaha Phazer and Nytro.

But for every one of those ugly ones the OEMs all have styling home runs as well. 

Twin spar was hideous 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Premium said:

I definitely agree beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, every brand has had styling misfires imo. I find the twin spar Cats laughably ugly for example... don't know how those ever got styling approval.

AC twin spar, Polaris Fusion, Ski-Doo Rev Gen 1 and 4, Yamaha Phazer and Nytro.

But for every one of those ugly ones the OEMs all have styling home runs as well. 

Everyone does.  They were a joke of a design.....that surrounded solid handling and performance.  It was like wrapping gold nuggets in shit foil.  Well, maybe not gold but...you get my drift.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

23467032-10155828719409120-1657979992478

Sexy-ass red Cat right there!  :bc:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Everyone does.  They were a joke of a design.....that surrounded solid handling and performance.  It was like wrapping gold nuggets in shit foil.  Well, maybe not gold but...you get my drift.

Sexy-ass red Cat right there!  :bc:

$14,499 brand new. Had to drive to New York to get it, but saved $1,400, over $3,000 for the 2 sleds we picked up that day.

EFFECTS.jpg

Edited by Snake
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Had there been an SRX in 2017, there would be 2 in the above picture....

Yeah. They’re freaking awesome. Wonder what those cunts hit for top speed 

The throttle now has a cable attached to the iTC box relocated under the hood.  I have not heard if there was any remapping done to it so while it will take more effort, for those that like that sort of thing, it may still be too "sensitive" for some that cannot adapt to instant response.  

BRP intentionally made the throttle response instant so idiot's like the lester's could not complain about lag or lack of response.  Now idiot's complain it's too sensitive when all they need to do to dial it back is run the sled in normal or eco mode so they don't get bucked off. 

Most of the aftermarket tune's also offer throttle remapping to dial back the response for the faint of heart. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Saying that back in the early 1200 days would get your ass hung by the DooDoo camp. 

The early days of the 1200 was not iTC it arrived at the end days of the 1200 in 2016 but yeah, I agree there are many things that get's those guys panties in a bunch but they also have to deal with the gunt over on that site.

I do realize that I got really lucky that both my 16' 1200 and 20' 900T both came with instant throttle response but only because I was able to order the limited editions with lester throttle blipping option.  :) 

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Hopefully ski doo has that horrendous throttle fixed too 

Bah!  It was a tremendous throttle

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

The throttle now has a cable attached to the iTC box relocated under the hood.  I have not heard if there was any remapping done to it so while it will take more effort, for those that like that sort of thing, it may still be too "sensitive" for some that cannot adapt to instant response.  

BRP intentionally made the throttle response instant so idiot's like the lester's could not complain about lag or lack of response.  Now idiot's complain it's too sensitive when all they need to do to dial it back is run the sled in normal or eco mode so they don't get bucked off. 

Most of the aftermarket tune's also offer throttle remapping to dial back the response for the faint of heart. 

I didn't have any issues with mine, especially with the 3 modes.  If anything mine was probably a little too instantenous in the rough and twisty stuff at lower trail speeds if it was in sport mode, like 20-50 range.  And it felt slow in the other two modes on faster trails so I thought it was a good idea.  This was the 4th 4 stroke sled and I've lost sound of how many 4 stroke race bikes I've owned.  Lesters a bit of a tool, but would love to get his hook ups lol

• Like 1

i found the throttle odd at slow speeds trying to move it around in a parking lot and into the back of my truck or into a trailer but once on trail the ease of the throttle was good.  My coworkers bummed she cancelled her 900turboR last week but she would not ride it enough.  She almost ran me over last year WOT on a regular 900T-  the BCX ain't breaking 100 she was at like 113 on the dreamometer coming up on me.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i found the throttle odd at slow speeds trying to move it around in a parking lot and into the back of my truck or into a trailer but once on trail the ease of the throttle was good.  My coworkers bummed she cancelled her 900turboR last week but she would not ride it enough.  She almost ran me over last year WOT on a regular 900T-  the BCX ain't breaking 100 she was at like 113 on the dreamometer coming up on me.  

For loading in the trailer or moving around inside the garage or on the driveway I use ECO mode which backs it off considerably and makes it much less prone to spinning the track.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 10/9/2021 at 12:39 PM, ACE said:

The Yamaha versions look way better 

Agree, the SRX this season in white/red looks good in pictures, might be a bit much in person. 

I’d to see them do the ‘79 or ‘80 version. All black and gold should look sharp and stand out in a crowd.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:12 PM, ACE said:

It does. The green limited ones around 2016 looked way better 

That green was a great colour.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Agree, the SRX this season in white/red looks good in pictures, might be a bit much in person. 

I’d to see them do the ‘79 or ‘80 version. All black and gold should look sharp and stand out in a crowd.

That green was a great colour.

Black& gold would look killer, 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, Woodtick said:

Dang,they said the ride is breathtaking. What a great purchase I made. Probably the greatest. :ashamed:

Sort of like " Every bump I hit took my breath away and I couldn't breath for a few seconds" kind of report.

• Haha 1