Baby Boomers Retired At A Record Pace. Where are they going?

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Boomers wreck everyplace they live

In a boomer and recently retired and I can half agree with that. I hate crowds and everywhere I go it’s full of grey hairs. I blame modern medicine on keeping us not only alive, but able to still do stuff that usually stinks up a place…

One of my son's professors just retired, and he heard of 2 others that he doesn't know, that just did as well because of the College's/Universities vaccine mandate. 

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me an awful lot of smart, educated people are refusing the jabs and choosing to quit/retire instead. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, irv said:

One of my son's professors just retired, and he heard of 2 others that he doesn't know, that just did as well because of the College's/Universities vaccine mandate. 

I don't know about anyone else but it seems to me an awful lot of smart, educated people are refusing the jabs and choosing to quit/retire instead. 

WGAF what “you heard”....most likely all bullshit. 

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Boomers wreck everyplace they live

Every place in Florida I like,I’m priced out of. I will just rent one month out of the year,and let someone else deal with up keep and taxes. It so easy to rent now,and pretty reasonable when you take a whole month. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Two in our shop are leaving early because of the covid mess. Their customer base are office buildings that are damn near empty going on two years. Why scratch and claw for a 40 hour pay check,when they can get a pension check deposited into their account.  There is a lot more to this bullshit then the jab. We now have customers wanting testing weekly,even if you are vaxed. It’s stupid out there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry if the smart and educated part offended you. I know it must be real tough for you to relate to those 2 words. :news:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Two in our shop are leaving early because of the covid mess. Their customer base are office buildings that are damn near empty going on two years. Why scratch and claw for a 40 hour pay check,when they can get a pension check deposited into their account.  There is a lot more to this bullshit then the jab. We now have customers wanting testing weekly,even if you are vaxed. It’s stupid out there.

In the past year I've easily lost 25-30 dealers. Most were older, 65+,  just used covid as a great time to close up shop. 

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

In the past year I've easily lost 25-30 dealers. Most were older, 65+,  just used covid as a great time to close up shop. 

I think it took the fun out of going to work for a lot of them? Why deal with the constant goal post moves when you don’t have to. 

44 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Well yeah if someone is able to retire why deal with the bullshit....I still think Irv is full of shit.😂

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Every place in Florida I like,I’m priced out of. I will just rent one month out of the year,and let someone else deal with up keep and taxes. It so easy to rent now,and pretty reasonable when you take a whole month. 

Something like 30k people a month move to the Tampa area, and the real estate prices reflect that. I know a guy that bought up a bunch of beach condos around there in 08 when they were cheap. He’s selling them now and doubling his money.

32 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Or possible death

Well they have been getting up and going to work since the start of it and not sitting at home watching the lies on cnn. Our company never shut down. Switched gears and did covid clean up and covid units in hospitals. The covid work dried up completely July 1, the feds stopped the tit money. :snack: 

16 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Something like 30k people a month move to the Tampa area, and the real estate prices reflect that. I know a guy that bought up a bunch of beach condos around there in 08 when they were cheap. He’s selling them now and doubling his money.

My nephew and his wife moved down there and she is selling real estate.  She is closing a couple houses a month.  Its booming for sure.  Northern Florida is pretty nice in the non touristy areas.  You cant beat it for the low taxes.

17 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The market in fl is crazy hot right now. The governor is really turning that state around. The prices away from the beaches are crazy high. 

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well yeah if someone is able to retire why deal with the bullshit....I still think Irv is full of shit.😂

I don’t think he is. The market has been crazy good in the last few years and it’s a great time to pull early.