Billionaires and big corps are running out of places to hide.

3 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Yeah, like you bleating “tax the rich “ over and over with little to zero grasp of economics. :lol:

No I don't. Taxing them is liberal bullshit. I want to slaughter them and grind them into sausages. 

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Im still front pedaling, I'm not the one who tried to pretend a couple unique circumstances apply to a whole sector of the workforce. 

Nobody did...you are still trying to cover your ass. One guy said at a high end restaurant,  then I posted a link where they stated @ high end restaurants..

Admit it you look like a dumb ass here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Nobody did...you are still trying to cover your ass. One guy said at a high end restaurant,  then I posted a link where they stated @ high end restaurants..

Admit it you look like a dumb ass here.

Why would one unique circumstance be relevant in any way to the conversation?

And 100k in NYC is barely middle class, FYI. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Why would one unique circumstance be relevant in any way to the conversation?

And 100k in NYC is barely middle class, FYI. 

Please go re-read the thread you obtuse fuck. The other poster made one reference to a friend that owns a restaurant where the servers make 100k I. Total comp...you then stated it doesn't happen you insisted it was a fairly tail....

This is all on you...you look as weak as Mainecat does on a daily basis.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Please go re-read the thread you obtuse fuck. The other poster made one reference to a friend that owns a restaurant where the servers make 100k I. Total comp...you then stated it doesn't happen you insisted it was a fairly tail....

The one thing in common here is your the dumb ass. Keep going you’ll get the racer award.

3 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

And that was a feeble attempt to make it seem like servers make bank all over. 

You guys can't even keep your own dipshit propaganda straight 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The one thing in common here is your the dumb ass. Keep going you’ll get the racer award.

go back to surfing mother jones....so you can start another ridiculous thread. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No I don't. Taxing them is liberal bullshit. I want to slaughter them and grind them into sausages. 

You do know, that in the big scheme of things you’re rich right? Perspective is everything. 

3 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You do know, that in the big scheme of things you’re rich right? Perspective is everything. 

That's some dumbass shit the rich and their simps tell everyone to justify their obscene wealth. 

Kinda like "money can't buy happiness" shit every simp wants to regurgitate.

Edited by motonoggin

23 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

go back to surfing mother jones....so you can start another ridiculous thread. 

If you've owned THREE successful businesses, then you must have a large TNW.

Then why won't you come down to ManchWowzer and collect your 10Gs???

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Your shtick has run its course...please get some new material, or at the very least step in front of a truck.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Your shtick has run its course...please get some new material, or at the very least step in front of a truck.

No, it's the way I am. I'll torment you for YEARS, with the TNW!!!  

Come on, how much are you worth? Don't lie!!

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just shut the fuck up and stop making an ass of your lying self , everyone knows that you’re a pathetic parasite on society along with being a tax dodging hypocrite.

12 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao servers making 100k. :lol:

Tell us more tall tales, grandpa!!😂

In the mid 90's I served for 2 years and made over $80k.  It isn't that hard.

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Because you don't have 10g's for him to collect.  You live in a fucking trailer and don't even own it all.  If you think that is a logical bet or manuver you are the stupidest motherfucker alive.  Our society sucks as in the good old days natural selection would have taken you early.

3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

It was never good material, just lies and BS.   The truck manuver however would be glorious.

My bro made 80-100 for years bartending, and it wasn’t even a “high end” place. It’s called hustle. Some have it, some don’t. Some just keep crying that there’s no opportunities. Lots of choices in life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

My bro made 80-100 for years bartending, and it wasn’t even a “high end” place. It’s called hustle. Some have it, some don’t. Some just keep crying that there’s no opportunities. Lots of choices in life.

I have ZERO sympathy for any able bodied reasonably intelligent person not getting ahead today.  90% of most peoples lack of success comes down to lack of effort.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Im still front pedaling, I'm not the one who tried to pretend a couple unique circumstances apply to a whole sector of the workforce. 

No, you're still a fucking idiot.  My post had nothing at all to do with "a whole sector of the workforce."  Short of any ability to comprehend or understand business or basic economics so that's what you responded to it with. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I have ZERO sympathy for any able bodied reasonably intelligent person not getting ahead today.  90% of most peoples lack of success comes down to lack of effort.  

Agree and some of that thought process is on display in this thread blaming "the rich" for their problems whatever being "rich" these days actually means.  Fucking ridiculous and the reason it's so easy for anyone with even a little ambition to get ahead today.

When every company on the planet is hiring all you need is half a working brain and a willingness to expend some effort to grab a job that just a few months ago many would never have been previously considered for. 

Opportunity is there but then you have threads like these that prove there is a serious problem with the declining mental ability of the general population.    

36 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Agree and some of that thought process is on display in this thread blaming "the rich" for their problems whatever being "rich" these days actually means.  Fucking ridiculous and the reason it's so easy for anyone with even a little ambition to get ahead today.

When every company on the planet is hiring all you need is half a working brain and a willingness to expend some effort to grab a job that just a few months ago many would never have been previously considered for. 

Opportunity is there but then you have threads like these that prove there is a serious problem with the declining mental ability of the general population.    

Forgive me if I run my mouth a bit.  I'm college educated, in my early 60s now, and have both made and lost a bunch of money in various business ventures, including owning a portable toilet company in my 40s.  I didn't take that on because I like cleaning shit houses, I did it because it was an opportunity to help provide for my family, and it did very well, so I sold out to a national company and moved on to another venture.  Lost a bunch when I bought a bakery distribution company and basically had to start over.  In my late 50s, I changed careers and got my securities licenses.  Less than 6 years later, life could not be any better, but I busted my hump to get here.  I know how hard I worked over the years, and I just don't have much sympathy for people who love to just bitch and moan.  Motos been preaching his dogma here for 15 years.  You can wish for unicorns and utopia, but you still have to work within the system.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Lets stop pretending that the vast majority of server jobs pay more than lower middle class level wages. 

lets not act like it's impossible for them to make a good living if they take the job seriously and treat it like a professional.  good waitstaff would make less under any sort o fixed pay system that the libs keep calling for to "protect" them.  if you are a waitperson making less than $20hr you chose the wrong restaurant or you suck at your job.   fucking busboys can make that.  

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if you are a waitperson making less than $20hr you chose the wrong restaurant or you suck at your job.   fucking busboys can make that.  

Even spelling it out for him I doubt moto is going to have enough live brain cells to process and understand.  While his ilk see it as a fallacy other motivated people understand that they can achieve in nearly anything if they work smart and put in the effort.  It's why he missed my mcdonald's response completely and why there will be wage disparities on the spectrum for all workers in all types of jobs.  

In the case of moto's extremely limited cognitive abilities he wiffed on two levels.  First, that servers can in fact make a decent living without a degree of any kind AND that employers paying double the minimum wage for help will somehow keep prices of their goods and services the same. 

The fact he does not realize either is evidence enough of that his brain is dead and his cheerleaders in this thread are rowing the same boat.  None of theme realizing it's just going in circles. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:35 PM, Plissken said:

It’s more complicated than that.  You’re assertion carries with it the assumption that corporations are not already charging the maximum amount the market will bear in relation to sales volume yielding max revenue. For another, dropping tax rates is unlikely to result in lower prices, I just don’t buy that.  It’s time to just stop letting corporations run roughshod over us and call their bluff.  

They can run roughshod because they can buy politicians we get to vote for.