Billionaires and big corps are running out of places to hide.

5 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I guess he never heard of the MEGA retailer Sears Roebuck

Yes, just one of many that comes to mind.  Just love these economics "experts" that have never run an actual successful business or company in their lives. If they did they would not make idiotic comments.  Anything that effects profits impacts prices.  That's economics 101.  If these shit for brains think things like raising the minimum wage or raising taxes has no impact on prices consumers pay they must have their fucking heads in the sand.

A good friend that is a partner in a chain of restaurants that was successful enough to survive the covid lockdowns has plenty of examples to give.  They have raised prices on everything across the board. Some of it because of the cost of goods they buy but also because they now have to pay workers $15 per hour.  This when their average server was already making $100K per year in total compensation.  This is a job that does not require any type of advanced degree or even specific knowledge.  Just a half decent personality and the willingness to hustle. If these dipshits think the owners are absorbing the salary increase they are truly short on working brain cells. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Yes, just one of many that comes to mind.  Just love these economics "experts" that have never run an actual successful business or company in their lives. If they did they would not make idiotic comments.  Anything that effects profits impacts prices.  That's economics 101.  If these shit for brains think things like raising the minimum wage or raising taxes has no impact on prices consumers pay they must have their fucking heads in the sand.

A good friend that is a partner in a chain of restaurants that was successful enough to survive the covid lockdowns has plenty of examples to give.  They have raised prices on everything across the board. Some of it because of the cost of goods they buy but also because they now have to pay workers $15 per hour.  This when their average server was already making $100K per year in total compensation.  This is a job that does not require any type of advanced degree or even specific knowledge.  Just a half decent personality and the willingness to hustle. If these dipshits think the owners are absorbing the salary increase they are truly short on working brain cells. 

Man, you really missed out on the best member for this.  He was a gold mine of complete idiocy when it came to giving advice on how to run a successful business from his cushy W2 job.  Sad though....he was one of the better liberals we had.  Now we just have hacks.

38 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Immortal? WTF.  Tell that to all the corporations that fail each and every year shit for brains.

Lmao. The people running it killed it. If they wanted it to live on, it would have. How long has Ford been in business? Did it die with Henry Ford?

32 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You say you have this vast understanding of markets yet you pine for communism. Communism is flat out impossible as the basic tenants of economics and markets are violated. What you get is a heavily authoritarian govt, be careful of what you wish for. 

Capitalism will bring about communism through it's inherent fatal contradictions. 

16 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Lmao servers making 100k. :lol:

Tell us more tall tales, grandpa!!😂

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Both you dipshits need to learn some fucking economics. 

So apparently us two dipshits, who both own successful companies need to learn economics from a failed pot grower. Please do tell.  I’m all ears. 😂 

I could have you confused with slinger…

either way. You’re still a dumbass. 

Edited by JEFF

1 minute ago, JEFF said:

So apparently us two dipshits, who both own successful companies need to learn economics from a failed pot grower. Please do tell.  I’m all ears. 😂 

Do bank robbers need to know much about banking to rob a bank? 

And who says I failed? 

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Lmao servers making 100k. :lol:

Tell us more tall tales, grandpa!!😂

Lmao. 100k/yr as a server. 😂😂😂

Your limited concept of business is laughable. 

Lmao. 100k/yr as a server. 😂😂😂

mid to high end restaurant in an area with high cost of living not unheard of.  I see most in the 50-70k range that are professional wait staff on paper so they are prob ucking the tax man for 500 a week at least.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

mid to high end restaurant in an area with high cost of living not unheard of.  I see most in the 50-70k range that are professional wait staff on paper so they are prob ucking the tax man for 500 a week at least.  

Waitresses at a restaurant I worked at in 1976 made a minimum of 150 a night during the week in tips and over 400 on weekends but Motos arrogance Keep him from accepting the facts because of his new found ideology.

49 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Lets stop pretending that the vast majority of server jobs pay more than lower middle class level wages. 

44 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lets stop pretending that the vast majority of server jobs pay more than lower middle class level wages. 

Nobody said the vast majority,  don't hurt your self back peddling.