From your experience, which of those are the most annoying drivers on the road?

Annoying MF'ers  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the biggest tool?

• Prius Drivers
    • Brodozer Drivers
    • People hauling a camper and a boat/car with a 1/2T truck

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Well, I'm a sales guy in the twin cities for the last 30 years so yeah. Lol

It was a super great morning around the 610 exit when the Malibu jumped timing at 90mph.  That was a great day.  I blame Shitties traffic for that car dying a early death.

Wiat, in a most annoying drivers thread you guys are complaining about traffic that moves too fast?  Annoying drivers are SLOW.

Chicago drivers are fine.  They know how to merge.  That defines what is ok in a city and doesn't fuck up traffic.  LA on the other hand is a fucking shit show of mental handicapped idiots that can't drive.  No capability to change lanes is why they have 8.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wiat, in a most annoying drivers thread you guys are complaining about traffic that moves too fast?  Annoying drivers are SLOW.

Chicago drivers are fine.  They know how to merge.  That defines what is ok in a city and doesn't fuck up traffic.  LA on the other hand is a fucking shit show of mental handicapped idiots that can't drive.  No capability to change lanes is why they have 8.  

That's another topic that pisses me off.  People STILL think if a lane closure is coming up that it's wrong to go as far as you can in that (closed) lane and then merge ... the "zipper merge".   Fuckers don't get that type of merge actually works, but no ... they piss and moan that "You had enough notice to merge earlier so F you, I ain't letting you in!"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's another topic that pisses me off.  People STILL think if a lane closure is coming up that it's wrong to go as far as you can in that (closed) lane and then merge ... the "zipper merge".   Fuckers don't get that type of merge actually works, but no ... they piss and moan that "You had enough notice to merge earlier so F you, I ain't letting you in!"

And then the idiots try to force you to not move over...although the front of your car is ahead of theirs so there is nothing they can do.  My only concern is if one of those morons is the guy from Indy holding his glock.

The tell of a city with drivers that can drive to me is very simple.  If you merge into traffic hugging the rear bumper of the car in front of you, it is perfect.  If you merge to the front bumper of the car soon to be behind you, you suck.  When a whole city does that traffic gets jacked daily.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's bullshit and I absolutely hate mf's that do that. I park my truck in that lane intentionally and don't give two shits about it. Why should anyone have to slow down or stop to let some impatient asshole in at the last minute. Get your ass in line like the rest so we can all do the speed limit through the construction zone smoothly. Smh!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

That's bullshit and I absolutely hate mf's that do that. I park my truck in that lane intentionally and don't give two shits about it. Why should anyone have to slow down or stop to let some impatient asshole in at the last minute. Get your ass in line like the rest so we can all do the speed limit through the construction zone smoothly. Smh!

You are then the reason traffic stops.  A merge lane is to be used the whole length.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Because you don't get how the fucking system works.  Keep pushing vehicles into that merge lane a mile early and all you do is back shit up for miles.  Trust me, I was the same as you early on and wouldn't budge to let those jerkoffs in.  But after being in traffic that actually knows how it works ... IT WORKS.   Do you also hate roundabouts? LOL

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Because you don't get how the fucking system works.  Keep pushing vehicles into that merge lane a mile early and all you do is back shit up for miles.  Trust me, I was the same as you early on and wouldn't budge to let those jerkoffs in.  But after being in traffic that actually knows how it works ... IT WORKS.   Do you also hate roundabouts? LOL

At first I was not such a fan, but again, THEY WORK!  And they work especially well when there isn't any traffic and you don't get below 45mph!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

At first I was not such a fan, but again, THEY WORK!  And they work especially well when there isn't any traffic and you don't get below 45mph!

Same!!  When I first heard they were putting one in at a major intersection on my commute route, I was PISSED.  But, after going through it a few times and seeing how much smoother traffic flowed, I became a believer.  Us old farts need to learn to adapt (well, I can't speak for you being an old fart ... but I'm starting to embrace that fact :lol2:)

29 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Same!!  When I first heard they were putting one in at a major intersection on my commute route, I was PISSED.  But, after going through it a few times and seeing how much smoother traffic flowed, I became a believer.  Us old farts need to learn to adapt (well, I can't speak for you being an old fart ... but I'm starting to embrace that fact :lol2:)

I'm sure my kids I used to have would consider me just that!  :bc:

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Don't have a problem with roundabouts what so ever. And how would I be the problem? I travel to northern Michigan and back at least twice a month. Time and time again I see jerkoffs racing to the front, cutting people off and almost causing accidents at the very beginning of a construction  zone because they feel the need to get ahead of everyone else. I've seen people get out of line and race to the front. A couple of weeks ago a guy in a red ram flew by me and stuck his front fender in front of the guy in front of me at the last second. Fuck that! I can tolerate allowing people in if there is an accident and there's no prior knowledge for the need to merge, but if there's a sign 2 miles back warning of a lane closure and someone pulls that shit. Sorry about your luck. If I've got to wait, so do you.

• Gold Member

That’s the way to do it wait till the last second when the orange cones are getting narrower then nose in and don’t look back the weak drivers that merged hundreds of feet back always cave and let you in 😂 I love seeing the anger in the rear view good times 

15 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Don't have a problem with roundabouts what so ever. And how would I be the problem? I travel to northern Michigan and back at least twice a month. Time and time again I see jerkoffs racing to the front, cutting people off and almost causing accidents at the very beginning of a construction  zone because they feel the need to get ahead of everyone else. I've seen people get out of line and race to the front. A couple of weeks ago a guy in a red ram flew by me and stuck his front fender in front of the guy in front of me at the last second. Fuck that! I can tolerate allowing people in if there is an accident and there's no prior knowledge for the need to merge, but if there's a sign 2 miles back warning of a lane closure and someone pulls that shit. Sorry about your luck. If I've got to wait, so do you.

That is because all the dumbasses moved over too soon.  That completely fucks up the flow and makes things dangerous.

• Like 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

That is because all the dumbasses moved over too soon.  That completely fucks up the flow and makes things dangerous.

^^THIS!!  If people would just slow as they approach the merge point using both lanes, it goes a shit ton smoother.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidude600 said:

Therein lies the problem.  That lane shouldn't be wide open - especially to the point of people being able to "race to the front" of it to get to the merge point.  If people would stay in the lane and wait until the merge, and use the concept of "zipper" ... IT WORKS!  People have to get this shit out of their head that they're being screwed over by some jackass that's going in the other lane as long as they can ... that's the design.  Like I said before, I thought the same as you and would take joy in fucking over the person trying to get in by not budging.  But that isn't how to do this .. the zipper approach is a lot more effective because both lanes are utilized to get traffic through.

• Like 1

Annoying dipshit today flicked me and my 10 year old off because we came down a 2 into 1 lane with the right away and he didn't want me to.  Asshole accelerated and tried to hit me.  Dumb fuck.

In MN it is directed by the state to zipper merge and not merge early.

https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

To be fair to skidude, MI was late to adopt it as they started in 2019.  Net effect of the zipper can be more than a 40% time savings through a merging zone.  

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

fatality rate is near zero with roundabouts. Not so with lights.

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Annoying dipshit today flicked me and my 10 year old off because we came down a 2 into 1 lane with the right away and he didn't want me to.  Asshole accelerated and tried to hit me.  Dumb fuck.

In MN it is directed by the state to zipper merge and not merge early.

https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/

To be fair to skidude, MI was late to adopt it as they started in 2019.  Net effect of the zipper can be more than a 40% time savings through a merging zone.  

Michigan drivers in a merge:

• Platinum Contributing Member

"Left lane ends two miles ahead" and MF'ers lunging out from the middle lane at me coming down an empty left lane. Zipper merge it's not difficult but if you want to jump in the middle lane for an extra 20 minutes or more have at it