House on bush ofsc trail

dirtybeacher

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

We are going to call our realtor and see what we can get for our place. If the #"s look good we will start looking to build on our lot in NS. 

Pretty sure your #s will look good

i wish I was closer to semi retirement, I’m hoping east coast pricing stays low until I’m ready to move there. 

2 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Pretty sure your #s will look good

i wish I was closer to semi retirement, I’m hoping east coast pricing stays low until I’m ready to move there. 

Prices are not bad compared to Ont. Friends sold in Ont for $1.3mil and bought a place on the lake here. There's one coming up for sale and waiting to see the listing price. It"ll make a great rental for spring to late fall and we can live in it during the winter. 

An old couple in their 80"s put their 4 year old house with 18 acres and 600ft waterfront up for sale. It was listed for $575K and took the 1st offer of $650K from a buyer in BC who only saw the listing online. There were another 9-10 viewings booked and all were cancelled and who knows how high it would've gone. It's slowed down a bit here in NS but still nuts in getting over asking.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, dirtybeacher said:

Got outbid. Oh well, guess it wasn’t meant to be.  Find out tomorrow by how much. 

On 10/6/2021 at 8:51 PM, dirtybeacher said:

Just found out. Outbid by 76k 

this is insane.  

The market is just nuts.....we have been shopping as well and some places are going 100 to 200k over asking.....last place we actually were able to place an offer, because there was not a preemptive bid, there were 10 or 11 offers on the table.....went for just over 100K above asking.

Same mind set, if it is meant to be, it will happen....not forcing it

On 10/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, smokin george said:

We are going to call our realtor and see what we can get for our place. If the #"s look good we will start looking to build on our lot in NS. 

My brother sold his place here earlier in the spring thinking for what they sold for, they could find something around here to buy with no issues......they were wrong and ended up buying a nice place in NB instead. Huge move for them to the East coast, but it is hard not to look at that.

He was telling that when he was getting insurance set up on things the agent mentioned most of the people he is setting up with new insurance policies are from Ontario!

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

My brother sold his place here earlier in the spring thinking for what they sold for, they could find something around here to buy with no issues......they were wrong and ended up buying a nice place in NB instead. Huge move for them to the East coast, but it is hard not to look at that.

He was telling that when he was getting insurance set up on things the agent mentioned most of the people he is setting up with new insurance policies are from Ontario!

There is alot of people from Ont here buying up. Still reasonable prices down here . 

We viewed a house yesterday with deeded water access. It was nice but by the time any work gets done to upgrade it not worth it. My wife said we should put an offer in lol. We have an acre lot here and can build something the way we want for that money. 

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

We viewed a house yesterday with deeded water access. It was nice but by the time any work gets done to upgrade it not worth it. My wife said we should put an offer in lol. We have an acre lot here and can build something the way we want for that money. 

Have you looked at the cost to build?  Up considerably.

7 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have you looked at the cost to build?  Up considerably.

Yes. The one I've been looking at went from $156K to $220K. That's for all the material to build only. Then you need flooring,kitchen, 2 bathrooms, electrical,hvac,plumbing,foundation,framer,well and septic and permits etc etc. I'm also looking at other houses within 1.5 hours from here. 

This is the model from Beaver Homes it's 1700 sq ft and the entire kit was $156K and went up to $220K. I had it figured out with framing,elec,plumbing,septic,well,kitchen,bthrms,flooring etc etc to come in around the $500K range with the original price. I'm going to go see them eventually and look at my options. With covid it seems like everything is short of supply/demand 

TN_135__000001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 10/13/2021 at 8:15 AM, smokin george said:

This is the model from Beaver Homes it's 1700 sq ft and the entire kit was $156K and went up to $220K. I had it figured out with framing,elec,plumbing,septic,well,kitchen,bthrms,flooring etc etc to come in around the $500K range with the original price. I'm going to go see them eventually and look at my options. With covid it seems like everything is short of supply/demand 

TN_135__000001.jpg

Everyone is telling me its over $300/sqft to build so you are right in there. Shitty....lol

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Everyone is telling me its over $300/sqft to build so you are right in there. Shitty....lol

It's definately up there. We have a builder friend that said get the plans and he'll do the #"s and see what it'll cost for him to build. He cleared an area on our lot and built the dock and he was reasonable. 

20210819_095250.jpg

• Like 2