Luv that show, can't wait

14 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I can't get past Costner, but I was advised to start at the beginning and give it a shot - guess I'll have to do that someday.

Costner was built for these western type shows.  I’m not a fan of his outside of them either.  This show is by far the best show I’ve ever seen…and I fucking loathe most series shows.  

• Like 1

Costner isn't necessarily the lead role ... it's not like each episode is focused on him for the majority of the time.  So if you're not a huge Costner fan, this won't ruin the show for anyone.  But I agree with @Zambroski - he was made for this role.  All of the other characters are really good - and the setting is fantastic.  To anyone who doesn't watch it, but is interested, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.  I would highly encourage watching from the beginning though ... and don't give up on it after 1 or 2 episodes.  It takes a couple get into it, and then it seems like you're hooked.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Costner isn't necessarily the lead role ... it's not like each episode is focused on him for the majority of the time.  So if you're not a huge Costner fan, this won't ruin the show for anyone.  But I agree with @Zambroski - he was made for this role.  All of the other characters are really good - and the setting is fantastic.  To anyone who doesn't watch it, but is interested, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.  I would highly encourage watching from the beginning though ... and don't give up on it after 1 or 2 episodes.  It takes a couple get into it, and then it seems like you're hooked.

Troof!  So many characters make this show….it just revolves around his family and ranch.  It took me a couple to get into it as my wife was getting hooked.  I think I sat down with her around episode 5 or 6 on the first season and quickly went back to see the ones I missed and get caught up.  It’s literally the only show we can’t fucking wait to watch together….maybe even more than hockey!

• Like 1

My wife and I have been anxious for the new season to start, too .... originally it was supposed to be in June but Paramount kept pushing it back.  Now that we know it's coming in November .. can't wait!!

32 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My wife and I have been anxious for the new season to start, too .... originally it was supposed to be in June but Paramount kept pushing it back.  Now that we know it's coming in November .. can't wait!!

Then there's the Yellowstone off-shoot series starting in December from 1883.

7 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I can't get past Costner, but I was advised to start at the beginning and give it a shot - guess I'll have to do that someday.

ditto. the ole lady watched and said i should. told her i cant stand the pompous fuck and the show can fuck off and die. well a few months ago was being a lay a bout and 'meh, what the hell, see what everyone is prattling about'. well, now look at me. fucking watched the 3 seasons over a week after work and cant wait for the new season. i'm fucking pathetic

• Haha 3

daughter gave me the first 3 seasons on dvd, never had seen the any of them till part way thru the 3rd season, seeing it from the beginning puts it all together. like everyone says the first few episodes were hard to get interested but then hang on it is good.!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Costner was built for these western type shows.  I’m not a fan of his outside of them either.  This show is by far the best show I’ve ever seen…and I fucking loathe most series shows.  

Ever seen 3000 miles to graceland. A whole different Costner.

36 minutes ago, snowbear said:

daughter gave me the first 3 seasons on dvd, never had seen the any of them till part way thru the 3rd season, seeing it from the beginning puts it all together. like everyone says the first few episodes were hard to get interested but then hang on it is good.!!

How DVD's for the 3 seasons?

Let me explain this whole "Yellowstone" phenomena in easier terms:  It's like there are certain "man movies" that must be required viewing to be a man.  IE "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "The Deer Hunter", "The Terminator", "Caddy Shack", "The Godfather" etc.....

There is only one made for cable tv to add to this "Man" list series...."Yellowstone".  Yes, it's that fucking good.  Now, GET TO IT!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Let me explain this whole "Yellowstone" phenomena in easier terms:  It's like there are certain "man movies" that must be required viewing to be a man.  IE "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "The Deer Hunter", "The Terminator", "Caddy Shack", "The Godfather" etc.....

There is only one made for cable tv to add to this "Man" list series...."Yellowstone".  Yes, it's that fucking good.  Now, GET TO IT!

OK, OK, I'll give it a watch. :lol:

Curious though, what is the hate towards Kevin Costner? I'm out of the loop most likely but I can't say nor think of a reason to despise the guy. 

4 minutes ago, irv said:

OK, OK, I'll give it a watch. :lol:

Curious though, what is the hate towards Kevin Costner? I'm out of the loop most likely but I can't say nor think of a reason to despise the guy. 

No idea but his whole life has led him to this glorious point in this series.  I guess he just picks bad movies that aren’t westerns.

6C76DF91-9E80-4B1B-AD29-02C56798BB37.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No idea but his whole life has led him to this glorious point in this series.  I guess he just picks bad movies that aren’t westerns.

Water world was a terrible movie but it wasn't all on him, imo. I liked him in Dances with Wolfs and Field of Dreams. Other than those, I can't currently think of much else he's been in? 

I just watched the trailer for season 4 so I am definitely looking forward to Bing watching the first 3 seasons to get caught up.