Fall colors

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

I think the antenna is the only thing holding that place up. :lol:

Really cool pics, guys. :bc:

We'll see if it makes it another winter, lol.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

It’s peak here in the northwest mountains of Maine. No photos it’s still dark.

The photos that I have seen look fantastic.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Newark Pond, VT.

@ActionfigureJoe
I finally went mirrorless and dumped the Canon DSLR and went with a Sony A6100. Love the focus!

20211005_163354.jpg

Very nice. Sony has some very attractive pricing on their packages. I'm tempted. The new Mac M1 air has my juices going for some new hardware.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Very nice. Sony has some very attractive pricing on their packages. I'm tempted. The new Mac M1 air has my juices going for some new hardware.

I liked the fact that Sony only has one lens mount. Canon has the EF, M and the new RF. In addition to the kit lenses I grabbed a fast 50mm and a 24mm f/2.8 for primes so far.

31 minutes ago, racer254 said:

OMG,

Watching the TODAY show, they had to ingest climate change into the fall colors.  My god, the agenda and propaganda never ends.

Their asphalt city does nothing to combat it , but they crap all over us living in the woods and fields.

Edited by CFM

54 minutes ago, racer254 said:

OMG,

Watching the TODAY show, they had to ingest climate change into the fall colors.  My god, the agenda and propaganda never ends.

Local rag posted a story about how fall colors will never be the same...... Funny how they cherry picked a drought year (Here in MN) to write that story.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CFM said:

Their asphalt city does nothing to combat it , but they crap all over us living in the woods and fields.

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Local rag posted a story about how fall colors will never be the same...... Funny how they cherry picked a drought year (Here in MN) to write that story.

Yeah, many are seeing through it.  Such bullshit, half of these nitwits have no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by racer254

Was out trying to chase moose last week, but temps were in the mid 20s C, so what like 75ish F?  Not cold enough to trigger rut yet.  

First frost was yesterday morning, but most of the leaves (and tamarack needles) have dropped already.

EE7BA74C-CA20-4753-A06D-394159A98AA6.jpeg

E33B77BA-7640-485A-B7AC-9F6A3B3CC24F.jpeg

21AD66E9-DC8A-4431-88F5-6CE966005446.jpeg

8B625798-EF77-4DEF-A145-86A1659B8A5D.jpeg

F943512F-C978-4C09-8058-A0562979FFE7.jpeg

504114B1-0E56-487E-BE51-69DA1C68AA8E.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Show off.  :lol:

We gotta get up the north shore this week.  Leaves are falling fast! Just shitty weather right now.

:bigfinger:Caught Newark Pond this morning with a nice reflection, lol

20211006_115921.jpg

40 minutes ago, CFM said:

Watched several leef peepers taking pics of trees barely showing any color yet. Lol.

I saw one yesterday walking down a dirt road with a camera in his hand and a mask on his face. He was in the middle of fucking nowhere, by himself, about 100 yards from his car.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ckf said:

20211006_115921.jpg

I saw one yesterday walking down a dirt road with a camera in his hand and a mask on his face. He was in the middle of fucking nowhere, by himself, about 100 yards from his car.  :lol:

Nice.  Hey, what/'s the size of that "pond"?  Acres?

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, ckf said:

20211006_115921.jpg

It's all CGI, seasons don't change.

:lol:

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nice.  Hey, what/'s the size of that "pond"?  Acres?

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's all CGI, seasons don't change.

:lol:

It almost looks that way right now. Crazy color this year in places. The leaf professors tell me it is a result of our below normal precipitationin northern VT and NH. 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:53 PM, A05GSHO said:

Took a ride on my motorscooter from Pembine WI to Florence and out Hy 70 to Eagle River.  Gorgeous color ride.

I cut through Florence to get to camp. Looks like a nice town were a fib could retire. :ashamed:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Hard to beat fall in Vermont ;) 

20211009_075057.jpg

The UP is pretty nice with the colerds. Between soccer,in laws that need help,and work,won’t see them this year. Will be a week late going up there. Next weekend is a big rally race by the camp. I usually go to it every year. 

• Like 1