Sad to say it's over . Throwing in the towel

Dieseltech

2 hours ago, Dieseltech said:

Looking at the map i noticed all my local Northumberland Forest trails were shown . There is no snow here so they were the expected red colour. I was surprised to see them on the map thou as i was told  the trails were permanantly closed. Got excited thinking something maybe changed. Emailed OfSC asking if the trails were going to re open and that is why they were showing on the online map. They responded the club controls the trail colour and that i should stay off them if they are red. I also received an advertisement to buy my permit early lol. Makes me wonder how many other non existant trails are now represented on that map. If your buying your permit hoping to see those trails turn green   . Good luck .

Like IRV pointed too, you need to follow the clubs on facebook its the best spot for info, 

Northumberland County Forest Reopens to Snowmobiles
During a time when we seem to receive very little good news we are pleased to announce the Great Pine Ridge Snowmobile Association has been able to secure an agreement with Northumberland County which would allow snowmobiling to continue in the Northumberland County Forest for the next 5 years.
We would like to thank the Northumberland County Councilors for Voting to approve the agreement, Northumberland County Staff for their help in drafting the agreement, our club volunteers for the many hours invested to get the agreement signed and most of all we would like to thank all of the Northumberland County residents who took the time to contact their Mayor and/or the County Warden to express their feelings regarding allowing snowmobiles back into the County Forest.
While provisions allow the agreement to continue through to the end of March 2026 there are conditions that have to be met to continue with the agreement. One of the conditions that could possibly jeopardize the agreement is riding off the designated trails. Any Off-Trail Riding is Strictly Forbidden and could cause all authorized trails to be closed to snowmobiling in the Northumberland County Forest.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, steve6 said:

Like IRV pointed too, you need to follow the clubs on facebook its the best spot for info, 

Not really interested in following the clubs . Like i said b4 ......i am out anyway .. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, 1trailmaker said:

Good year to toss in the towel, trails are not looking very good this year anywhere south of Sudbury,

Halfway through January barely any snow many trails will never open.

Ground is freezing

It's another start to winter out there today. We have close to 10cms already since 2am or so. 

28 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's another start to winter out there today. We have close to 10cms already since 2am or so. 

We easily have 40 cm's and it is still coming down hard! Yesterday there was nothing but green grass showing and now it is just below the bottom of a deck chair we have out on the back patio. My wife's car, due to some drifting, is half buried. 

59 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Took these 5 minutes ago.

WP_20220117_08_36_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_36_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_37_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_37_35_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, irv said:

Took these 5 minutes ago.

WP_20220117_08_36_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_36_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_37_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20220117_08_37_35_Pro.jpg

You definately got more than us. It's still coming down pretty hard. I made two passes down the driveway,cleared what the plow left us there and took the gabage/recycling out. I'll do the rest later no sense in doing it twice lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

You definately got more than us. It's still coming down pretty hard. I made two passes down the driveway,cleared what the plow left us there and took the gabage/recycling out. I'll do the rest later no sense in doing it twice lol

The wind is starting to whip up here pretty good now so I'm unsure when I'll be able to get out there and get things cleaned up? It's pretty light fluffy snow so I know whatever I snow blow/shovel, will just blow back in again. My son is suppose to have school at 1 but I can't see it not being cancelled? His GF drove from Ajax into work in Oshawa this morning and it took her an hour and a half. New job so she was afraid not to go in. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 1/17/2022 at 9:08 AM, irv said:

The wind is starting to whip up here pretty good now so I'm unsure when I'll be able to get out there and get things cleaned up? It's pretty light fluffy snow so I know whatever I snow blow/shovel, will just blow back in again. My son is suppose to have school at 1 but I can't see it not being cancelled? His GF drove from Ajax into work in Oshawa this morning and it took her an hour and a half. New job so she was afraid not to go in. 

Good attitude. :thumbsup:

Most of the kids these days wouldn't bother and You'd be luck to get an "I'm not coming in " text.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Good attitude. :thumbsup:

Most of the kids these days wouldn't bother and You'd be luck to get an "I'm not coming in " text.

She arrived to work and found only 2 others were there then was told she could have worked from home that day. She was not impressed. Needed a push out of the parking lot where she works and it took her an extra half hour to get home that evening. 

• 2 weeks later...

Police are investigating the death of a snowmobiler who crashed on a trail in Dysart et al early Wednesday afternoon.

Officers with the Haliburton Highlands OPP detachment say the collision happened on OFSC trail E109 around 12:30 p.m.

They say the lone snowmobiler was pronounced dead at the scene.

OPP technical collision investigators and reconstructionists will assist with investigating what happened.

Police say they will provide more details when they are available.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/deadly-snowmobile-crash-under-investigation-in-dysart-et-al-1.5765246?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvbarrie%3Atwitterpost&taid=61fb685d95d73c000167cce3&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

23 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Police are investigating the death of a snowmobiler who crashed on a trail in Dysart et al early Wednesday afternoon.

Officers with the Haliburton Highlands OPP detachment say the collision happened on OFSC trail E109 around 12:30 p.m.

They say the lone snowmobiler was pronounced dead at the scene.

OPP technical collision investigators and reconstructionists will assist with investigating what happened.

Police say they will provide more details when they are available.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/deadly-snowmobile-crash-under-investigation-in-dysart-et-al-1.5765246?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvbarrie%3Atwitterpost&taid=61fb685d95d73c000167cce3&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Brother sent me an update & I contacted a friend (from the victim's hometown). Knew the guy (a neighbour) when he was still living in Ontario. Seeing as it's in Dysart et al, the accident was very close to the bottom end of Algonquin by the old Martin Lumber saw mill.

Did a 120 mile loop from Apsley up to Bancroft & Baptiste today. Ran from Ptbo out to Campbellford on Mon'. Haven't run past Hastings for a couple of years. Hoping to stage near Havelock on Mon' or Tues' & head east. Not sure what my total is for this winter. 18" on our snow stick

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

Please note, the C trail by the Pickeral River doesn't not cross the bridge this year. It is in need of repairs that'll cost around $140,000. The plan is to have it fixed for next year. The re route detours you shortly onto the old 69. The trail still does cross the French River on the bridge, as that one isn't effected.
Also, the C trail to Estaire and the C213 will hopefully be open by next weekend, there are water issues on the C Trail that needed to be address.

back in the day before the bridge there was a trailer that drove  from side to the other 

50 charges laid and 30 warnings issued during OPP SAVE OFSC trail patrols this past weekend in the City of Kawartha Lakes. One rider was stopped for travelling 145km/h in a posted 50km/h zone.
Some of the common infractions included:
• 26 improper muffler
• 11 speeding
• 3 fail to properly secure helmet chin strap
• 3 no trail pass

26 mufflers wow 

11 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:
50 charges laid and 30 warnings issued during OPP SAVE OFSC trail patrols this past weekend in the City of Kawartha Lakes. One rider was stopped for travelling 145km/h in a posted 50km/h zone.
Some of the common infractions included:
• 26 improper muffler
• 11 speeding
• 3 fail to properly secure helmet chin strap
• 3 no trail pass

26 mufflers wow 

We hear them quite often and it's about time.