HCS quote of the day:

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Now, concerning my forthcoming chicken dinner, can I choose wings?  Also, I’d like copious amounts to share with the multitude of people that could have successfully guessed it was the Rickster….but weren’t as fast on the draw.

:lol:

Is this enough to start with? If not I can whip this spatchcocked chicken up tomorrow. Both on the Weber kettle

wings1.jpg

IMG_8549[1].JPG

Edited by racerdave
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

According to that chart, he holds two records 

But he held off a year and got that one in 2013.  Has he retired since then, just gotten slower, are they teching the sled closer now or is it nobody cares anymore.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, racerdave said:

PS racers do this, but  Guess who posted this at HCS Matryx board:

"that's why us pro-stock drag racers remove as much rotating mass as possible"

I really lol at this Ricky quote.

" we went to NASA to find out what to use"

He was talking about his plastic A-arm bushings.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MnDean said:

I really lol at this Ricky quote.

" we went to NASA to find out what to use"

He was talking about his plastic A-arm bushings.

His a-arm bushings .... what a joke.  Not the product, just typical Rick being a d-bag.  There was another guy on HCS that was selling bushings and it wasn't like the guy was making a killing at all.  Rick was CONSTANTLY bitching about it, because that guy wasn't a sponsor on HCS.  So our response back to Rick was, when you can provide your bushings and sell them we'll go back to the other guy and tell him he has to pull his ads.  This went on for at least 18 months, if not longer.  And good ol' Ricky STILL never produced those bushings.

He's kind of like the Donald Trump of snowmobile shops.  If you could shut him up and just have him deliver a product, he'd be just fine.  But give him a platform to be heard and it's an absolute shit show.

18 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

My all time favorite Rick name drop was go look at kody Kamms helix on his sled and then talk to me... 

I tore down Kody all year and never once saw a NSP product on his sled. 

Surely Rick is wiser than Tim Bender 

Is Krusty back with Hentges?  The SX thread could use an update before @Zambroski turns it completely into an 'I bought the wrong sled' thread.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Surely Rick is wiser than Tim Bender 

Is Krusty back with Hentges?  The SX thread could use an update before @Zambroski turns it completely into an 'I bought the wrong sled' thread.

Yes it wasn't a contract year that I am aware of. Oscar will be back too. 

Kamm is back with Hentges.  Saw him waiting in the concessions line like the rest of us.  Would have bought him whatever he was having but he was about 4 rows down from me.  Looked like Hentges had a small camper in the swap area he was hanging out at.

55 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

My all time favorite Rick name drop was go look at kody Kamms helix on his sled and then talk to me... 

Don’t be stupid.  He’s not giving up his intellectual property that easy.  Did you use lemon juice and a black light?  That might reveal the secret.

Wait, we’re the helix’s placement options marked “#1” and “#2”?

:lol:

16 minutes ago, CFM said:

I drive by his (Northstar) shop all he time. I really need to stop in sometime...but then again, I say that all the time and never do...lololol

He prolly a pretty fun guy to BA with.  He’s a brand fanatic and, that fine.  These people bring the most color into conversations.

26 minutes ago, CFM said:

I drive by his (Northstar) shop all he time. I really need to stop in sometime...but then again, I say that all the time and never do...lololol

Wait until the ice on the pond behind his shop is thick enough,that way you can witness his homemade pond track dyno he uses to test his newly developed polaris products.  I do believe a chainsaw was used in building said dyno. Lol

Edited by MnDean

1 minute ago, MnDean said:

Wait until the ice on the pond behind his shop is thick enough,that way you can witness his homemade pond track dyno he uses to test his newly developed polaris products.  I do believe a chainsaw was used in building said dyno. Lol

and about two shots of meth 

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

My all time fav was when he said Polaris contacts him with clutching questions and issues................. :lol2:

On 10/4/2021 at 2:46 PM, MnDean said:

Lol dose he seriously cut a hole the ice to drop the track in lake?? 

On 10/4/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jerry 976 said:

My all time fav was when he said Polaris contacts him with clutching questions and issues................. :lol2:

He got really mad at me (shocker) when I asked him why he wasn't listed as a source for clutching on the Iron Dog portion of the Polaris Racer Resource pages.  

On 10/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, Doug said:

My all time "Ricky" Was when he posted that if you call Polaris for clutch advise they would just tell you to call Rick at Northstar. 🤣

His kid was also good for numerous giggles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MnDean said:

That is what he said, also said he would video tape this year...stay tuned. Lol

LOL Ricks testing.  I don't know what he would be measuring or testing using that method.  Its normally a durability test during the off season.  No way are you checking a clutch setup 

We actually do some testing on our snow blowers in the summer at a local quarry dropping the blower head into the water.  The blower driveline is fully instrumented to check water exist flow, defection, torque load and vibration to name a few.  This is a common method used to check snow blowers during the off season    

nv401646_0.jpg

• Like 2