Snow check delivery just got longer ...

I decided to be proactive on another potentially shitty snow season and bought a side-by-side Wednesday night (used, but relatively new).  If we have another shit season, or my sled comes in way late, I'll sell it and say "F it" to snowmobiling for a while.  That said, I do hope it's a good season & my XCR comes in December 15th (or sooner) as promised.

Friend was in town that works part time at his old dealership and they got 3 Assaults in today.  One he thought was going to be available because the guy backed out on it.

Edited by Doug

I have my sleds home usually a day or so when it arrives at the dealer just looking back:

2017 Assault home November 3

2018 Assault home October 30

2019 XC home November 30

2020 XC home November 25

2021 VR1 home November 17

Got another email from Polaris saying my sled was still, should I say somewhat , on target for delivery 12/15.

Found this interesting video.  If my sled is delayed in to January or later I'll cancel and get my deposit back and see what Snowcheck 2023 brings.

I still haven't seen an e-mail (and I've looked at both my emails I'd potentially use, as well as the spam folders).  Something has to be going on with my dealership change, I think.  Anyway, to @A05GSHO's point .. I'll be doing the same thing if my sled doesn't come until January or later.  Either it's gonna get moved to a 2023 model or I'll take my deposit back and say the hell with it altogether and see what I can find some other time.

2 hours ago, A05GSHO said:

Got another email from Polaris saying my sled was still, should I say somewhat , on target for delivery 12/15.

Found this interesting video.  If my sled is delayed in to January or later I'll cancel and get my deposit back and see what Snowcheck 2023 brings.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I still haven't seen an e-mail (and I've looked at both my emails I'd potentially use, as well as the spam folders).  Something has to be going on with my dealership change, I think.  Anyway, to @A05GSHO's point .. I'll be doing the same thing if my sled doesn't come until January or later.  Either it's gonna get moved to a 2023 model or I'll take my deposit back and say the hell with it altogether and see what I can find some other time.

Reliable source saying his sled (RMK mind you) isn’t scheduled for delivery until February now. He’s cancelling and riding his 2020 because he didn’t sell it yet knowing that this might be a possibility. 

At this point, from what I’m seeing from within the auto industry, I’m not sure if I could even be confident in a MY23 snow checked sled, tbh. This whole supply chain bullshit is still just ramping up, imo. If the federal government keeps pissing off laborers, it’s only going to get a whole bunch worse and that looks to be happening, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

That thought crossed my mind too, Nick ... the idea that SnowCheck 2023 won't necessarily be any better.  And if that's the case, it just makes me lean more towards a "screw it" attitude and making a full transition to OHV riding.  I know that's easier said than done, but the way winters generally are around here (lack of good snow) ... I think I could survive without it.  Besides, it would also keep me from having an awful expensive "garage ornament" for 9 months out of the year! LOL

If I snow checked a sled this year (As I did last year) I would just wait until you get it.  I mean, if you are willing to bail on snowmobiling all together, I guess that's a fair choice.  But I am not.  If you reeeeeeaaallly want a new sled, you might as well wait for what you ordered, or go find a left over that you can see yourself riding in the interim.  

None of this is going to get better for quite some time.  That's just my feeling with what we have all been seeing with many things people want to spend their money on.

On 10/2/2021 at 9:12 AM, Zambroski said:

Again, this signing (and paying) for a contract for a product with no estimated date of delivery must be something exclusively accepted by us retarded sledders.

“We’ll fucking get it to you when we can….and you damn sure better appreciate it!!!!”

wtf?

Sort of but they get the atv sxs dipshits also .

I dropped down the deposit with a window of 8 to 20 weeks when I ordered my new rzr this summer . And even the dealer was shocked when it came in 6 weeks . 

18 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

If I snow checked a sled this year (As I did last year) I would just wait until you get it.  I mean, if you are willing to bail on snowmobiling all together, I guess that's a fair choice.  But I am not.  If you reeeeeeaaallly want a new sled, you might as well wait for what you ordered, or go find a left over that you can see yourself riding in the interim.  

None of this is going to get better for quite some time.  That's just my feeling with what we have all been seeing with many things people want to spend their money on.

I'd probably bite the bullet and look for something else & bail on the snowcheck.  And the main reason, as stupid as it sounds, is that I'd be pissed taking delivery of a sled late in the season only to have to store it and realize it's already a model year old.  I get it that a majority of snowcheck people are going through the same thing and if/when it comes time to unload the sled it would be understood by the buyer (or the dealer).  But I'm just stubborn that way, I guess.

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I'd probably bite the bullet and look for something else & bail on the snowcheck.  And the main reason, as stupid as it sounds, is that I'd be pissed taking delivery of a sled late in the season only to have to store it and realize it's already a model year old.  I get it that a majority of snowcheck people are going through the same thing and if/when it comes time to unload the sled it would be understood by the buyer (or the dealer).  But I'm just stubborn that way, I guess.

For me snowmobiling is to much in my blood to throw in the towel.  I still have my 2021 to ride and have options if my 2022 don't come in when me and my wife go.  I got the email yesterday that my sled is still on schedule to ship Dec 15 if that holes true we'll see.  Was down by my dealer and he noticed yesterday looking up my sled that 2 of his floor plan sleds are now listed as cancelled.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1