Snow check delivery just got longer ...

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

My wife and I have been to Duluth Lawn & Sport a couple of times and really liked them.  Never bought a sled from them, but working with the sales staff has been a pleasant experience.

There are two multi-store dealerships in SE MN that have been the opposite - both have given us a very cold reception from staff unless you’re spending big bucks.  They’ve shown both of us that they’re not interested in future business, and because of that they’re going to get what they want from us (nothing).  

It’s 4 hours from our house to Duluth L&S and the drive would be worth it for a dealer that cares about every customer.

I hope everyone gets their spring orders before the snow flies.

I have a feeling I know the two multi-store dealerships you're referring to ... and unfortunately, my dealer sold his Polaris dealership to one of them (RV).  I have a feeling my snowcheck arrival (when it DOES come in) may be the one and only time I step foot in there.

It's interesting how one dealership can provide different levels of customer experience to different customers.  I have purchased from River Valley  and had great experiences with both sales and service from them and no, I have not purchased $100K plus boats from them.  I have purchased Polaris product (just a Slingshot) from the Rochester location and the sales and service was excellent.   They even took care of a couple of unique issues I had with it under warranty that they technically did not have to.

I purchased a total of 4 new sleds out of the Red Wing store and same thing.  Super competitive pricing, easy purchase process and the service department was responsive and thorough when I needed them to be. and the parts people were also really good.  I would not consider my purchases there to be at all in the "big spender" category as there are a lot of customers there that spend well into six figures on the boats they sell and heck even side x sides that cost 2X what a sled costs.

This is not an recommendation for this dealership just my experience over last 7 or 8 years.  BTW my salesman at Red Wing was Kyle  Price (still there) and my salesman in Rochester was Garrett but that was a long time ago and he no longer works there.

• Like 1

As I've said before, I am an early season rider. We frequently have early snow here, and I am willing to chase snow if need be to get in early season riding. With that said, January 15th ship date is is half way though my season, and I often have 1500-2000 miles on my sled by that date. I am unwilling to miss half of my season. 

My dealer so far has handled this very well and is going to present me with some options. Used, Ski-Doo, another Polaris are all options that I am willing to consider. 

I knew when I sold my old sled in March that I was taking a risk. I took the risk and now will be one of those folks scrambling for a sled. 

Imagine what this is going to do to used sled prices, now? You thought it was bad already? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

As I've said before, I am an early season rider. We frequently have early snow here, and I am willing to chase snow if need be to get in early season riding. With that said, January 15th ship date is is half way though my season, and I often have 1500-2000 miles on my sled by that date. I am unwilling to miss half of my season. 

My dealer so far has handled this very well and is going to present me with some options. Used, Ski-Doo, another Polaris are all options that I am willing to consider. 

I knew when I sold my old sled in March that I was taking a risk. I took the risk and now will be one of those folks scrambling for a sled. 

Imagine what this is going to do to used sled prices, now? You thought it was bad already? 

Prices were already high.  Sold my friends son's sled for asking price.  Unfortunately this will be the test for some dealers what they can do with really with the limited resources they have on sleds.  It puts them in a no win situation.  Let customers use possible a demo or used sled until their sled comes in and is complete or sell the demo and used sleds because of the high demand and prices right now.

1 minute ago, nacapster said:

Shitty times, no doubt about it...I feel for those with no back-up sled. Watch, we'll end up having an epic December for the cherry on top. 

That thought has been going through my mind for a while now ... and it would definitely be a kick in the nuts to some of us!

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz  - Hey Chris- have you checked your spam folder for the Polaris letter? Sounds like a lot of people are finding the letter there.....

Thanks Ziemann, found the email. Says they expect mine to ship by Dec 15th. Also says they will email when it actually does ship. 650 XCR 136  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XCR INDY said:

Thanks Ziemann, found the email. Says they expect mine to ship by Dec 15th. Also says they will email when it actually does ship. 650 XCR 136  

Yep - thanks Brian.  I still don't see anything, but I'm not totally sure the dealership change has an impact on that or not.  Kind of interesting to see @XCR INDY has the same sled ordered as I do (mine's the red/black one with black tunnel) so hearing him show a 12/15 date is at least promising.

• Like 1

Talked to my dealer over lunch and what he's going to do once sleds start coming in is have some trusted 😊 part time help to just work on the sleds that are not complete to get them setup and out to the customers ones the parts come in.

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Didn't you sell an RS ?

5 hours ago, Doug said:

Talked to my dealer over lunch and what he's going to do once sleds start coming in is have some trusted 😊 part time help to just work on the sleds that are not complete to get them setup and out to the customers ones the parts come in.

This would send chills down my spine.

What parts are actually missing?  Is that stated or, is it a myriad of different parts?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This would send chills down my spine.

What parts are actually missing?  Is that stated or, is it a myriad of different parts?

There's a basic list of what could be missing.  

Does bring up an interesting point back a few years or so ago. Got hit in the corner by a want-a-be racer, you know the type.  I made out the estimate and was ready to send it to the insurance company.  Buddy looked the estimate said wait a minute.  May look a little funny when it list's the sled owner and estimate preparer being the same person.  Hmm you fill this out and send it in. 

16 minutes ago, Doug said:

There's a basic list of what could be missing.  

Does bring up an interesting point back a few years or so ago. Got hit in the corner by a want-a-be racer, you know the type.  I made out the estimate and was ready to send it to the insurance company.  Buddy looked the estimate said wait a minute.  May look a little funny when it list's the sled owner and estimate preparer being the same person.  Hmm you fill this out and send it in. 

I didn’t know an insurance company would take the owners word for it or, a buddy’s for that matter.  I don’t insure my sled but, I would with your company for sure!

Sounds like you came into that corner a bit too hot, eh? :lol2:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I didn’t know an insurance company would take the owners word for it or, a buddy’s for that matter.  I don’t insure my sled but, I would with your company for sure!

Sounds like you came into that corner a bit too hot, eh? :lol2:

LOL.  He's the one that tipped his sled, fell off and hit me. You know how that works.  I do have to say the guy was a stand up guy when we filled out the accident report.

Some dealers are pre-qualifed with insurance companies where you send the estimate straight to the insurance company with the accident report.  Sometimes they will or will not send an adjuster out to look at the sled or request pictures.  

I got the letter saying 12/15 BLA BLA BLA.  I emailed the dealer I snowchecked my sled from and they just replied saying that mine will ship before 12/15, but Polaris didn't have a date yet nor could they verify if my sled would be shipped without parts.  Polaris did tell him that some sleds would be shipped without the new gauges and spindles.

I got the standard gauge on my XCR 136 650

On 10/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, Ziemann said:

On HCS, they are portraying the 850 as if they are exploding in the crate...

I saw it on the internet.  It must be true. ;)

Overall, I'd rather see concerns addressed before the snow hits.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, favoritos said:

I saw it on the internet.  It must be true. ;)

Overall, I'd rather see concerns addressed before the snow hits.

@favoritos , it's good to see you here. 

I think that is what we are all hoping. Several people on HCS this week reported that Matryx sleds and new Cats are hitting the showrooms and are being delivered. So things appear to be right on schedule. I'm still in limbo on a new sled, but it does seem that Polaris has a plan and has been transparent in communicating that to the customers. 

I saw a guy in Central WI took delivery of his VR1 today ... and it had the 7s (as well as everything else).  So that's a good sign ... well, for him anyway!! LOL   This is what I suspect will be more of the norm than the exception and people will be seeing sleds arrive before the December (or January) dates Polaris is reporting.

• Like 1

It's a real crap shoot on what is showing in my experience.  Have a new 800 Cat ready to pick up. 

But . . .  I'm still waiting on jugs and pistons for a 21 with the same motor.  (They were ordered early in March.)  I figure they are using the parts to make the new stuff.  Currently that isn't a big deal, but I worry a bit about mid season parts.  I can always ride a spare if needed, but I'd prefer not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It's a real crap shoot on what is showing in my experience.  Have a new 800 Cat ready to pick up. 

But . . .  I'm still waiting on jugs and pistons for a 21 with the same motor.  (They were ordered early in March.)  I figure they are using the parts to make the new stuff.  Currently that isn't a big deal, but I worry a bit about mid season parts.  I can always ride a spare if needed, but I'd prefer not.

7 months and counting for current model year motor parts is not ok imo

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

7 months and counting for current model year motor parts is not ok imo

No fucking doubt.

Also, Cat said, “make a shitload of them first then, worry about selling them.”  Ooops.

Poo: “sell the shit out of them first then, worry about being able to produce them.”

Hmmm….who the fuck is running these organizations?

• Like 1