Working Remotely

racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member

Our Global Engineering meeting is this morning and they've already started hinting about us all coming back into the office once the Covid incidents dry up.... :lol: 

Politician hardly work as it is so does it really matter where they do close to nothing?

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Our Global Engineering meeting is this morning and they've already started hinting about us all coming back into the office once the Covid incidents dry up.... :lol: 

Politician hardly work as it is so does it really matter where they do close to nothing?

Well, those "elite" managers want to be able to show off all their new office equipment and there status at the job.  How can they do that if no one is there to look at them.  LOL

• Gold Member

I work remotely, but in a whole different sense of the word!!

But yeah, those asshats can do nothing but blame the other guys over the internet just like the rest of us.

Will never happen tho.

Edited by Kivalo

We've been working remote since March of 2020 and literally, just received the notification yesterday that we can return if we're vaccinated & wear a mask while in the building (don't even get me started on that level of stupidity).  My wife had her office space pretty much eliminated, and she's now considered a "WFH" (work from home) employee, permanently.  She has to reserve a "mobile desk" if she needs to go into work now.

As far as politicians go ... I wish they'd be forced to work from a deserted island and get wiped out by a f'ing hurricane.  I'm so god damn sick of DC.  There needs to be an ultimatum put in place to those assholes ... either balance the budget by 202x or you're out.  And you all will play by the same rules the President does ... 2 terms and you're out.  No more of this career politician bullshit.  Rant over

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, those "elite" managers want to be able to show off all their new office equipment and there status at the job.  How can they do that if no one is there to look at them.  LOL

I'm gonna try the "I can't work in the office for religious reasons" and see how that plays out. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I'm gonna try the "I can't work in the office for religious reasons" and see how that plays out. :lol: 

I told my boss I was doing the same thing & playing the "religious reasons" card for not complying with the vaccine mandate.  She just laughed and basically said good luck!! LOL

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Remote office visits has changed medicine forever. Lowering costs and making access to medical care easier and more efficient. All good.

Yes and no.  It may make it easier for medical professionals, but not patients.  When I had to do a remote appointment back in December, and met through a web-based meeting ... it was trial and error for 2 weeks on what they gave me for my neck/arm pain.  So no, it's not "all good"

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I told my boss I was doing the same thing & playing the "religious reasons" card for not complying with the vaccine mandate.  She just laughed and basically said good luck!! LOL

Mine would say the same thing and he'd probably be on my side up until he was forced not to be. I've been WFH this whole time and have zero inclination to go back into the office. Let alone be forced to do something I don't want to like wear a mask etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yes and no.  It may make it easier for medical professionals, but not patients.  When I had to do a remote appointment back in December, and met through a web-based meeting ... it was trial and error for 2 weeks on what they gave me for my neck/arm pain.  So no, it's not "all good"

Some things just need to be in person / hands on  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

For sure. Some medical approaches need to be in person and hands on. Stuff like medication reviews and general questions can be dealt with remotely. Some clinics have physician care meetings down to $45 a visit doing it remotely. 

My company is allowing people to switch their status to full-time remote, and I made the switch.  At some point I’ll go back to the office one more time to clean out my desk, and then that will be the last time.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

We've been working remote since March of 2020 and literally, just received the notification yesterday that we can return if we're vaccinated & wear a mask while in the building (don't even get me started on that level of stupidity).  My wife had her office space pretty much eliminated, and she's now considered a "WFH" (work from home) employee, permanently.  She has to reserve a "mobile desk" if she needs to go into work now.

I've been working from home for the last 12-13 years.  I used to show up at the office to grab the on-call phone, take a day in the office for pick up and drop off every 15 weeks or so, but with the requirements for wearing a mask, I'm not going in.  I just arrange with those around me on the on-call calendar to meet somewhere now. 

What I find funny is, the ones who have been the most afraid, the most at risk (Comorbidities) and the ones who stayed in their houses the longest when this all started, are the very FIRST ones in line to go back into the office, and make the rules for the rest of us if we want to go back.  They are also the ones on the Zoom and Teams meetings who have visibly GAINED WEIGHT the last 18 months.  Not all, but the vast majority.  

Guess what, you make your rules to step foot in the office, I'll stay home (Or where ever I am working) and collect my paycheck just the same.

• Like 2

I hear the medical coding industry is back logged months, most employees are working remotely and gaff off on the internet all day instead of doing their job...:ashamed:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I've been working from home for the last 12-13 years.  I used to show up at the office to grab the on-call phone, take a day in the office for pick up and drop off every 15 weeks or so, but with the requirements for wearing a mask, I'm not going in.  I just arrange with those around me on the on-call calendar to meet somewhere now. 

What I find funny is, the ones who have been the most afraid, the most at risk (Comorbidities) and the ones who stayed in their houses the longest when this all started, are the very FIRST ones in line to go back into the office, and make the rules for the rest of us if we want to go back.  They are also the ones on the Zoom and Teams meetings who have visibly GAINED WEIGHT the last 18 months.  Not all, but the vast majority.  

Guess what, you make your rules to step foot in the office, I'll stay home (Or where ever I am working) and collect my paycheck just the same.

Yep.  Got a coworker who I get along with well, but he wants to go back into work so bad, but only if others wear a mask and are vaccinated.  LOL

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Mhm.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

As far as politicians go ... I wish they'd be forced to work from a deserted island and get wiped out by a f'ing hurricane.  I'm so god damn sick of DC.  There needs to be an ultimatum put in place to those assholes ... either balance the budget by 202x or you're out.  And you all will play by the same rules the President does ... 2 terms and you're out.  No more of this career politician bullshit.  Rant over

Imagine this glory!  Then, a fresh start.