Ford, SK to invest $11.4 billion to add electric F-150 plant, three battery factories

Mainecat

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ok…$15/hr. But they buy their own healthcare. 

But you get your quota done by 2pm and get paid how much? 

Yeah those damn factory workers are just slave labor for the super smart pencil pushers. 🤦‍♂️😆

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

A review and pressing.    Well that will solve it.  :lol:  

Racer said he put a stop to it which he clearly didn’t…You really want to be racers wingman? 🤣

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Racer said he put a stop to it which he clearly didn’t…You really want to be racers wingman? 🤣

Didn't say I agreed with either of you.  :lmao:

11 hours ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

My Question is what are they gonna do with all these batteries after a few years? There gonna go bad and get replaced....cant go to landfills.....

What have they been doing with fork lift batteries?

I know.

12 hours ago, Mainecat said:

What have they been doing with fork lift batteries?

I know.

Not every American was forced to buy a tow motor, however I agree with ya (can't believe I said that) there are a lot of tow motors....didn't realize some are battery. Ours at our shop is not, runs on LPG ...

On 9/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, Highmark said:

Lot's of EV volume coming online.   We'll see if the lithium industry and keep up. 

Lithium is just the beginning. 

56 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ford has a long way to go to catch up to Rivian.  GM and Ram have a long way to go to catch up to Ford in the EV segment

For an alleged EV expert, you sure as fuck don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to EVs. One truck and they rule the roost? First to market is nice but it’s not everything. Rivian will be absorbed before long, no doubt. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Lithium is just the beginning. 

For an alleged EV expert, you sure as fuck don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to EVs. One truck and they rule the roost? First to market is nice but it’s not everything. Rivian will be absorbed before long, no doubt. 

Rivian will be valued as much if not more then GM on their IPO. Definetly more then stellantis or Ford.  Ford’s electric pickup is basically a reengineered Gas pickup so the product for surely won’t be as good as a purpose built EV pickup.  Which Ford will have after these new factories are built.  GM has a little something to expand on in the hummer but that is a few years out.  Rivian just has a lead that the others will need to catch up and re-engineering a gas to hold EV components is not catching up…

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Rivian will be valued as much if not more then GM on their IPO. Definetly more then stellantis or Ford.  Ford’s electric pickup is basically a reengineered Gas pickup so the product for surely won’t be as good as a purpose built EV pickup.  Which Ford will have after these new factories are built.  GM has a little something to expand on in the hummer but that is a few years out.  Rivian just has a lead that the others will need to catch up and re-engineering a gas to hold EV components is not catching up…

GM isn’t much of an ICE powered vehicle company anymore. They are actually expanding and diversifying out past automotive quite a bit. These moves have been in play for a much longer time than you may think. GM is worried very little about Rivian, I assure you. 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:51 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

GM isn’t much of an ICE powered vehicle company anymore. They are actually expanding and diversifying out past automotive quite a bit. These moves have been in play for a much longer time than you may think. GM is worried very little about Rivian, I assure you. 

Yep, every year there's more and more EV programs coming into development. And the Electric Hummer is a 2023 so not a few years out at all