Tulsi Biden/Harris open border policy is a disaster

jtssrx

Just now, Sleepr2 said:

At a new minimum wage of what? 50 ,,a hundred? 

Between $15 and $20, those are the going paid by the hour rate for painters, drywallers, concrete…ect. A lot of the guys I know are begging for workers. And the food service industry is begging for workers to. The deli at my local Trigg’s closes at 6pm due to lack of staff. Pisses me off that I can’t get my tuna salad on my way home. 

Just now, Phenom said:

Between $15 and $20, those are the going paid by the hour rate for painters, drywallers, concrete…ect. A lot of the guys I know are begging for workers. And the food service industry is begging for workers to. The deli at my local Trigg’s closes at 6pm due to lack of staff. Pisses me off that I can’t get my tuna salad on my way home. 

But keep paying unemployment and welfare to able bodied slackers….

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Every place around here is $17-25/hr and offering sign on bonuses, Burger king is $19/hr with a $1000 sign on, guy is legit standing on the corner of it with a sign, can't find work please help and people stop and give him money.. He's one of the hundred local heroin addicts that roam the block I work on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

But keep paying unemployment and welfare to able bodied slackers….

I’m fine with cutting off long term unemployment and welfare. I got no problem sending people to work no matter who they are as long as it’s something they can live on. 

58 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Lmfao 12000. Not even a fucing dent in the numbers prossed and dumped across America every week 

120k last mo alone 

= 108000 still getting shipped around America every 30 fuckibg days 

That is 3600 a fucking day 

But by all means keep running cover for the largest failed border policy in your entire life 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Every place around here is $17-25/hr and offering sign on bonuses, Burger king is $19/hr with a $1000 sign on, guy is legit standing on the corner of it with a sign, can't find work please help and people stop and give him money.. He's one of the hundred local heroin addicts that roam the block I work on.

It’s never going to be perfect. Humankind has always had a bad element, but don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good…I stole that line from a politician, lol

• Like 1

Just now, Phenom said:

I’m fine with cutting off long term unemployment and welfare. I got no problem sending people to work no matter who they are as long as it’s something they can live on. 

If they are doing minimum work ethics, minimum effort and minimum value to the company they are worth minimum wage. Not some imaginary number of what they think they need to live. 

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

If they are doing minimum work ethics, minimum effort and minimum value to the company they are worth minimum wage. Not some imaginary number of what they think they need to live. 

If they are not doing the job to justify a living wage, fire them. 

Here’s a little story of my own because I’m such a generous guy with way too much money. When I go for breakfast the place is packed with over 50 tables. I tip the waitress as is customary, but I also give the Mexican guy who is there like clockwork warming up my coffee a buck. Now one dollar ain’t shit, but if others did the same, an extra one dollar per table, that coffee guy will be making $25 or more an hour. And that’s not too shabby. He takes care of me, I take care of him. 

10 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So they can get unemployment, how about we just stop importing people with no skills…

A good boss can spot a slacker or an untrainable a mile away within the first week, long before they qualify for unemployment. 

So who is left to work. Non farm unemployment is down to 5.2%. In a perfect world that still leaves a massive labor shortage. 

B58660A7-CB82-4ADB-8DAA-E727D6D6629E.png

Edited by Phenom

7 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Here’s a little story of my own because I’m such a generous guy with way too much money. When I go for breakfast the place is packed with over 50 tables. I tip the waitress as is customary, but I also give the Mexican guy who is there like clockwork warming up my coffee a buck. Now one dollar ain’t shit, but if others did the same, an extra one dollar per table, that coffee guy will be making $25 or more an hour. And that’s not too shabby. He takes care of me, I take care of him. 

I've been tipping 40-50% since the restaurants have open for business, waitress are pretty happy as I'm usually running up $120-150 bill

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've been tipping 40-50% since the restaurants have open for business, waitress are pretty happy as I'm usually running up $120-150 bill

I do the same and especially when places were limited to takeout…I’ve waited tables and bartended so I know that tips are important.👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Phenom said:

You throw him a buck!  Whew!  And your thinking is, if everyone else does it, he’s in heaven!

Well, your generosity is noted.  Here at least.  Maybe talk to the restaurant patrons about it, I’m sure the “Mexican guy will clear off a table for you to stand on.

Smh

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You throw him a buck!  Whew!  And your thinking is, if everyone else does it, he’s in heaven!

Well, your generosity is noted.  Here at least.  Maybe talk to the restaurant patrons about it, I’m sure the “Mexican guy will clear off a table for you to stand on.

Smh

Hey, there’s different ways of doing things and getting the word out as in my post here. Maybe a few of you guys might do the same and pass it on to others who pass it on to others…

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup, the raising of minimum wage has been accomplished without a law.  Give money to stay home, then force businesses to have to up the rates.  I'm ok with doing it that way.  Supply and Demand.

If I see someone on the corner of ANY place with a sign begging for money, I roll up and say "There are three places in the strip mall right behind you looking to give you money every single hour!"  Problem is, these people make MORE money standing there.  There was a guy 15 or 20 years ago standing on the corner of one of the local rag TV stations begging for money, and someone in the news room finally got the nerve to follow the guy "home" after his begging.  He walked about 7 or 8 blocks, got into a Mercedes, and drove home to his suburban house.  Quite the entrepreneur....