Best fat guy helmet??

I've got a pretty good sized squash and my best full face helmet was my old TXI helmet from Cat, years ago.  Now that I wear the MX style setup, I still say my HJC that I had 4 or 5 years ago was the best one.  My 509 Altitude helmet is good, but the damn thing shrinks ... I shit you not .. when it's colder out.  And that makes it a pain in the ass to take off and put back on if we stop on the trail for any length of time.

There is absolutely no need for heated goggles.  If you have a proper open face helmet and proper goggles you will never ever have any fogging issue.  And you won't have too hot issues.  Especially if you have an actual moto helmet with vents and air channels throughout the helmet 

I'm not a fan of the snow brands for helmets and goggles, I think they're junk crap but some seem to be ok with them.

I agree, for the most part with 'stang ... the only thing I'll say is that if it's super cold out and you take your goggles off at a trailside stop - be prepared.  That said, an easy fix is to open up the side panel of the sled and put the goggles in there & they'll thaw out pretty quick.  That, or have a spare set to throw on if need be.  But what @mnstang said about no need for heated goggles ... it's true.  Oh - I forget!  Maybe if you're riding in sleet/freezing rain.   But in those situations I just use an old handkerchief type piece of cloth and keep it on my handwarmer & then wipe my goggles when needed and they wipe right down.

11 hours ago, poopooforme said:

I bought a BRP oxygen last year and its great but its fucking hot to wear.  What do you fat guys wear?  I like the heated shield part of things but some guys are talking about heated goggles?  Thats new to me.  So what you doing?

I wear heated goggles off trail. They've been great so far. 

But heated goggles aren't needed for trail/forest road riding. I wouldn't waste the $$$ on even trying it. 

I still wear Doo Mod 2 helmet for trail. Them fucking things leak so much air you can't get hot. 

• 3 weeks later...