Anyone else watching Ali on PBS?

Crnr2Crnr

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/muhammad-ali

Grew up a big boxing fan and rarely missed relevant fights with my father, was into martial arts but always followed boxing. Have tried watching UFC stuff, a buddy who was a top level collegiate wrestler trains some of them but in my time the likes of Ali, Hearns, Hagler, Sugar Ray, and Tyson have more relevancy.

There was one and will only ever be one Ali, or Cassius for you anti Muslims.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
Fucking spell thing, thx Google
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What's my name.

That fight showed how brutal Ali could be, by making the fight drag on without a scratch on him.  He taunted the wrong guy and paid the price.  Not his finest moment as a human being though.

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That fight showed how brutal Ali could be, by making the fight drag on without a scratch on him.  He taunted the wrong guy and paid the price.  Not his finest moment as a human being though.

Sometimes there’s a point, and it needs to be made loud and clear. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/muhammad-ali

Grew up a big boxing fan and rarely missed relevant fights with my father, was into martial arts but always followed boxing. Have tried watching UFC stuff, a buddy who was a top level collegiate wrestler trains some of them but in my time the likes of Ali, Hearns, Hagler, Sugar Ray, and Tyson have more relevancy.

There was one and will only ever be one Ali, or Cassius for you anti Muslims.

He was a racist and a segregationist who thought races should not marry outside their race.  Great boxer though.  :lol:  He would fit in great today with modern liberals.  

Edited by Highmark

Part 4 is on tonight

Recall watching the thrilla in manilla with my dad.  Ali and Frazier nearly killed each other in that fight.  Yet, Ali kept on fighting.   

It's also sad how so many around him milked every last bit out of him for their own personal gain.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That joint is spectacular.👊🏻🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Amazing athlete, very generous humanitarian, devout follower of Nation of Islam, strong black advocate, bigamist, wife cheater, showman, racist and xenophobic, that’s a lot of good and bad for one person. 

Yep.  This works.  Add “coward” to it though.

He was fun to watch.  I personally liked the showmanship.  It made his foes REALLY hate him.