Do we have a mental health issue in this country?

Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, SShooterZ said:

So shooting 400 random people and then committing suicide is the act of a sane being in your world?

Bleating about an isolated incident while ignoring the ongoing crimes in Chicago must  be considered sane in your world

• Platinum Contributing Member

America has always and always will be a politically/ideals divided country.   It has grown as govt has grown.   The larger the and more money the govt spends the more divided we become.   Simply no way around it because you basically have 2 classes when it comes to income taxes (size of govt), those that want to keep more of what they earned and those that want more of what someone else has earned.   Simple as that. 

Much of that is also based not just on what the govt takes but what it's spent on. 

Edited by Highmark

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shelley The Sot doesn’t understand much…the shootings in Chicago are over business transactions…doesn’t make it right but it has nothing to do with mental health. 

I disagree, to want to and actually kill someone because they looked at you wrong, got you on a $20 weed deal, beeped your horn,talked to your woman, or "disrespected" your home boy is a definite mental issue. These are things you or I, or any normally sane person would just blow off but to others it's worth killing someone and spending a good amount of their life behind bars if caught. Just seems no respect for human life

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shelley The Sot doesn’t understand much…the shootings in Chicago are over business transactions…doesn’t make it right but it has nothing to do with mental health. 

Other than going to war, if a human being pulls a gun on another human and starts blazing away for any reason, drug deals gone bad or whatever, that person most certainly has a mental health issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I disagree, to want to and actually kill someone because they looked at you wrong, got you on a $20 weed deal, beeped your horn,talked to your woman, or "disrespected" your home boy is a definite mental issue. These are things you or I, or any normally sane person would just blow off but to others it's worth killing someone and spending a good amount of their life behind bars if caught. Just seems no respect for human life

Yeah, its not about the drugs or guns. If we tell ourselves it’s only drug dealers we can comfortably ignore the daily mass killings and not have to talk about who is doing the killing. 

dRUg deaL gONe Bad!   

AF6F00C7-385F-49F8-BA62-0B37800F3CCC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The biggest problem in this country is the brain washing media and social media.  It is causing people to become disconnected from reality.  

Which makes most of them completely intolerant to other peoples opinions leaving them perpetual angry and mental 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The biggest problem in this country is the brain washing media and social media.  It is causing people to become disconnected from reality.  

This.  It is not that america has a mental health problem, but as more money is pumped into mental health then you will find that more people involved in that industry push it.  Just like MMGW, the more money that is pumped into it the more there will be people making money and finding out figures that help them make even more money.

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Which makes most of them completely intolerant to other peoples opinions leaving them perpetual angry and mental 

You’re exactly right.  People become paranoid, angry , agitated when the proof of the lies they believe starts to get overwhelming. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

56 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Other than going to war, if a human being pulls a gun on another human and starts blazing away for any reason, drug deals gone bad or whatever, that person most certainly has a mental health issue. 

It’s the way they were raised and all they know…I know families around here that will fight each other at the drop of a hat but they aren’t mentally ill rather it’s how they were raised and they consider it appropriate. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Business and culture.   Just as many of the shootings are about a perceived "disrespect" that certain "communities" tend to not be able to process or handle as others just brush it off.   Lack of respect for life has just as much to do with it as "business."

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Business transactions.   Wtf.  :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s the way they were raised and all they know…I know families around here that will fight each other at the drop of a hat but they aren’t mentally ill rather it’s how they were raised and they consider it appropriate. 

I agree on how they were raised to a point, but to think that someone's life should be ended because someone didn't like the way they were looked at or the toot of a horn is a mental issue and a moral issue. Which all revolve around thought processes made by the brain. Just my opinion..:bc:

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Amen (as I sit here responding on a social media forum!!).  My buddies and I have said for a while now, if our kids could only experience what we did back in the late 70's and 80's ... no cell phones, no internet.  Just hanging out, playing outdoors with neighbors, and actually TALKING with family and friends vs. typing and sitting around with heads down on phones or "gaming".  All the technological advances in our world are amazing, but they've ultimately created a horseshit society.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Amen (as I sit here responding on a social media forum!!).  My buddies and I have said for a while now, if our kids could only experience what we did back in the late 70's and 80's ... no cell phones, no internet.  Just hanging out, playing outdoors with neighbors, and actually TALKING with family and friends vs. typing and sitting around with heads down on phones or "gaming".  All the technological advances in our world are amazing, but they've ultimately created a horseshit society.

Yup, its been a double edged sword. My kids grew up in the beginning of it, but still, they never experienced the friendships like my wife and I . I still have real world relationships with my high school friends.  Real friends keep you grounded, call you on bullshit,  good with bad.  Now everything is fake and phony.  Facebook is nothing but lies……perfect marriage, kids, family, life.  🙄

5 hours ago, SShooterZ said:

It’s not an isolated incident. It’s an example. And crimes ≠ mental health.

You’re right multiple shootings happen everyday in Chicago. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Your projection is laughable, you’re the one that quit drinking because you had a problem, and now you’re nothing a dumfuck wet brain trying to be clever and failing miserably.C31EADB3-D16A-4D61-9B69-0DAFA65F6771.thumb.jpeg.40f9eaed5358c0b2521e97b0bf0d36ab.jpeg

Edited by Sleepr2

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

America has always and always will be a politically/ideals divided country.   It has grown as govt has grown.   The larger the and more money the govt spends the more divided we become.   Simply no way around it because you basically have 2 classes when it comes to income taxes (size of govt), those that want to keep more of what they earned and those that want more of what someone else has earned.   Simple as that. 

Much of that is also based not just on what the govt takes but what it's spent on. 

One class wants to give money back to the wealthy, military, and corporations and the other says the low-middle income earners should get it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

One class wants to give money back to the wealthy, military, and corporations and the other says the low-middle income earners should get it. 

Priceless.   :lmao: