Poison Ivy news

Plissken

I really hate that stuff so I’m really excited about this recent progress.

Researchers are reportedly working on a vaccine to combat humans' response to poison ivy.

According to Scientific American, scientists at the University of Mississippi and Hapten Sciences are "proceeding with a compound called PDC-APB" to be injected once every year or two to prevent the poison plant's effects. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/poison-plant-vaccine-in-process.amp

43 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I really hate that stuff so I’m really excited about this recent progress.

Researchers are reportedly working on a vaccine to combat humans' response to poison ivy.

According to Scientific American, scientists at the University of Mississippi and Hapten Sciences are "proceeding with a compound called PDC-APB" to be injected once every year or two to prevent the poison plant's effects. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/poison-plant-vaccine-in-process.amp

I would seriously consider getting that.   I have it everywhere around the house and get it at least once a year….. Bad!!!  
I can’t stand that shit anymore. Seems like every time I get it worse than the last time.  

Natural immunity is best I’ve heard. :bc:

seriously though, I used to get it all the time when I was a kid, think I got a shot at one point when I had it all over my body. Can’t remember what it was.

Edited by akvanden

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

I can walk right threw that stuff and don't get a reaction, I did when I was in Grade School but not anymore.

Damn, I had the opposite experience.  As a child I could walk right though it.  I had one time where I got it and now I just stay away from the stuff.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just drink a glass of poison ivy killer……I read somewhere it works. There’s a tweet from a Dr. Vinny Boombatz a self taught ivy expert on youtube.

You are supposed to rub poison ivy on your nuts. That way you build an immunity to it.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just drink a glass of poison ivy killer……I read somewhere it works. There’s a tweet from a Dr. Vinny Boombatz a self taught ivy expert on youtube.

Right next to the “manufactured crisis” ?.? Your hypocrisy is laughable.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I have managed to go my whole life without getting poison ivy. Maybe Im lucky like that

Prob immune.  Lots of people don't even get a light itch . Others get  it bad . When I was a kid I was allergic to a lot of shit bad . But it never stoped my dumb ass from going to play in the woods.  Now most of tge shit that would swell my eyes shut make it hard to breath give me rashes for days has zero effect on me . Ivy still gives me a rash for a day or 2 but not bad .

When growing up in Ontario, I got it every year with out fail. I some how managed to get it in January when there was three feet of snow on the ground.

From knees down it would blister and ooze for two or three weeks. I have also had it on my face where it swelled my eyes shut and had to take some heavy medication.

Thankfully Alberta doesn't have that horrible trash. Unfortunately we have giant hogweed out here and that is pretty terrible, especially when you have dogs that don't understand to stay the fuck away from it lmao.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, Anler said:

I have managed to go my whole life without getting poison ivy. Maybe Im lucky like that

My brother would call me over to finish a saw job if the tree was in ivy. He could just about smell it, and he reacted badly.

I'd stand right in it and have at it...