Supply Chain

racer254

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Truck drivers aren't in any danger of being replaced by tech any time soon.  I have sat in on the meetings, it isn't even close to being able to happen.

"Your" ( @Mainecat speak ) talking with common sense - stop that.  His view is everything is IMMINENT - kind of like global warming putting the East Coast 10 feet under water by 2010, and Russian collusion :lol:

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

"Your" ( @Mainecat speak ) talking with common sense - stop that.  His view is everything is IMMINENT - kind of like global warming putting the East Coast 10 feet under water by 2010, and Russian collusion :lol:

I know, but every once in awhile I take the time to sink his battleship.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I should fire up one of the sleepers and haul ass out to port to deal with the union assholes there.

California…..  what kind of emission equipment on the truck?  Are you vaccinated?  Truck disinfected?  Trailer under 48 ft?  You may have to wait in Nevada for somebody to bring the load to the border.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, Rigid1 said:

But yet you're all good with the southern border being wide open...smh

What?

Your dipstick in charge kept the Canadian border closed until 21OCT21, despite the fact we started letting you guys in 2 monhs ago.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, MILFMAN said:

A huge part of this problem is trucking. Those containers need to get trucked out before more can be piled up. 

Trains are our problem.

Wildfires meant trains were delayed or cancelled.

There are not near enough trucks to replace rail.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

What?

Your dipstick in charge kept the Canadian border closed until 21OCT21, despite the fact we started letting you guys in 2 monhs ago.

Wtf are you talking about?? I didn't vote for Biden

Just got a voicemail saying "Hello Mr. so and so, I'm calling to tell you that the order you placed in July of 2020 is now ready to be shipped. Would you still like to complete this order?"

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Well, and we haul oil with train, instead of building that Keystone XL.

That is not lost on me.

Your President asked OPEC to up production from middle Eastern countries., some that fund terrorism, governments we'd rather not give money to.

Yet he cancelled a pipeline, that our even a twat of our leader bought when it was going in the shit can,  that could funnel needed oil and energy, from a country that pretty much shares your values and could feed our combined energy needs for decades, once refined in your facilities.

Were fucked, by our "leaders"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Wtf are you talking about?? I didn't vote for Biden

I didn't vote for our retard either...but he's still in charge.

Look at our best Ally, over there the UK.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-21/u-k-warns-of-challenging-few-days-as-energy-crisis-deepens\

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/19/uk-energy-market-crisis-what-caused-it-and-how-does-it-affect-my-bills

We have been fighting the greenies for years, to get LNG to tide water...aka get the natural gas to a boat on the ocean.

The cheap energy is there, our dolts in charge just want you to pay more, to somehow, magically cut your usage.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Mainecat said:

The lack of new drivers is due to the driverless tech being spewed. Why start a career in a industry that’s on its way out?

your full of shit, driveress trucks will NEVER become the industry standard as they are unreliable, the reason for a shortage of drivers is the bullshit regs one has to follow in the business that and the younger generation being lazy as fuck, these truck driving schools only give enough training for the student to pass a road test and nothing more, they are the worst drivers on the road. I have been in the industry for 30+ years you need to stick to hating Trump threads as that seems to be your speciality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

your full of shit, driveress trucks will NEVER become the industry standard as they are unreliable, the reason for a shortage of drivers is the bullshit regs one has to follow in the business that and the younger generation being lazy as fuck, these truck driving schools only give enough training for the student to pass a road test and nothing more, they are the worst drivers on the road. I have been in the industry for 30+ years you need to stick to hating Trump threads as that seems to be your speciality

Yep.

No computer can do what I do on a jobsite.

I run the Concrete belt truck, from the plant to the jobsite....that may be able to be done by a computer.

Once on the jobsite, there are so many variables, the computer would not be able to compensate.

Remember this. If the computer fucks things up an Amazon order, your shit shows up late.

if the computer fucks up my belt or pump delivery of the concrete, the computer, driving the truck,  could kill us all.

58 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I didn't vote for our retard either...but he's still in charge.

Bitch at Mainecat and trailmaker, I had nothing to do with the hot mess our current administrations are doing, we did our part, all's we can do is sit back and watch our countries implode..

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

You see what Sysco is paying to try and hire drivers?..Wishing I had a CDL right now..:wall:

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Mainefags business experience is taking sandwich orders for the actual workers that keep his BILs business working. 

MCLiar is the equivalent of fat Mikey on OCC