Supply Chain

racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Can ships cross the TEXAS border now?

No, but a shit ton of unvaccinated people can and last time I checked you can't get covid from an object but you can from a person.. SMH

8 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

A huge part of this problem is trucking. Those containers need to get trucked out before more can be piled up. 

Every time I turn around I see "Drivers Wanted" and training classes for trucking.  There is a huge school for it about 10 minutes from my house, and they are advertising for students all the time.  What was a number I heard recently, about 40% down from what the need is?

30 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Every time I turn around I see "Drivers Wanted" and training classes for trucking.  There is a huge school for it about 10 minutes from my house, and they are advertising for students all the time.  What was a number I heard recently, about 40% down from what the need is?

Same here. there are several trucking companies in the industrial park I drive through begging for people. Trucks parked with no drivers. I was told it was tight before but many people retired at the start of COVID. Not a glamorous job for young people but free training and good money.

If you're interested and if you believe him, the issue does not appear to be getting the containers off the ships at the port, but rather trucking and warehouse capability.  Additionally retailers pulling forward Xmas orders to try and have items on the shelf.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/09/16/los-angeles-port-director-says-to-expect-holiday-shipping-slowdowns.html

1 hour ago, F3600 said:

If you're interested and if you believe him, the issue does not appear to be getting the containers off the ships at the port, but rather trucking and warehouse capability.  Additionally retailers pulling forward Xmas orders to try and have items on the shelf.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/09/16/los-angeles-port-director-says-to-expect-holiday-shipping-slowdowns.html

According to the article there's also a lot of fledgling shipping companies getting in on the action. It's become a hugely profitable business. Pick up an old diesel scow and crew of degenerates and reap in the cash. 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH when are we going to stop relying on that bullshit as an excuse for everything.  

I look at money to be made. All those boats are manned by men who've been at sea for weeks. Get a boat and start running bacon, whores, weed, and beer out to those poor guys. :lol: 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Your unvaccinated…..what’s your point?

I'm an American here legally, born and raised. You see if you come by air legally you have to have proof of vax but come here illegally by foot you don't?? Explain that fuck up??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The lack of new drivers is due to the driverless tech being spewed. Why start a career in a industry that’s on its way out?

Truck drivers aren't in any danger of being replaced by tech any time soon.  I have sat in on the meetings, it isn't even close to being able to happen.

• Thanks 1