Testing the worlds most unreliable truck.

Well, when he explains the life cycle of the average six oh he is pretty much spot on.  If you are going to run a diesel nowadays, you better have 10K+ pounds behind it, permanently.  Anything else, get the 7.3 L gasser. 

The gasser brings the level of complexity (and cost) back 30 years.  Just a cast iron block, push rod, V8, with some modern day refinements to increase efficiency.  Not real complicated. 

The diesel has all the emissions system, plus EGR, plus the high pressure common rail fuel system.  

All-New Ford 7.3-Liter V8 Set to Drive Best-in-Class Gas Power and Torque  for Heavy-Duty Pickups | Ford Media Center

15 hours ago, hayward said:

guy's a frick'n douchenozzle. With nearly 3 million subscribers I believe?  MURCA!!!!

Man are we ever fucking doomed!

This.  Thanks Kardashians…. for giving us a whole new group of reality imbeciles….and training others to worship them.

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Well, when he explains the life cycle of the average six oh he is pretty much spot on.  If you are going to run a diesel nowadays, you better have 10K+ pounds behind it, permanently.  Anything else, get the 7.3 L gasser. 

The gasser brings the level of complexity (and cost) back 30 years.  Just a cast iron block, push rod, V8, with some modern day refinements to increase efficiency.  Not real complicated. 

The diesel has all the emissions system, plus EGR, plus the high pressure common rail fuel system.  

All-New Ford 7.3-Liter V8 Set to Drive Best-in-Class Gas Power and Torque  for Heavy-Duty Pickups | Ford Media Center

i really like the 6.4 gas in my Ram.  Uses plenty of fuel but I can get about 16 mpg if I baby it on secondary roads going to the shoreline.  sounds great and has plenty of snort.    And the 3126 Cat diesels in my boat are pre egr, pre electronic fuel injection, which has proven to be far more reliable than the newer versions.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

i really like the 6.4 gas in my Ram.  Uses plenty of fuel but I can get about 16 mpg if I baby it on secondary roads going to the shoreline.  sounds great and has plenty of snort.    And the 3126 Cat diesels in my boat are pre egr, pre electronic fuel injection, which has proven to be far more reliable than the newer versions.

i've been impressed with my buddies,  better MPG than the Ecoboost with a trailer and not much worse day to day although he drive a lot of 50-55 mph backroad to work.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i've been impressed with my buddies,  better MPG than the Ecoboost with a trailer and not much worse day to day although he drive a lot of 50-55 mph backroad to work.  

Mines better on those secondary roads than it is on the highway, probably because I’m usually going 75-85 on the highway.  50-60 seems to be the honey hole for economy.

16 hours ago, hayward said:

guy's a frick'n douchenozzle. With nearly 3 million subscribers I believe?  MURCA!!!!

Man are we ever fucking doomed!

His YouTube income is $2 million per year without sponsor endorsements. All for filming the abuse of vehicles. Seriously....sign me up for that. 

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

hes a jackass,  no idea how anyone watches that guy.  I'd rather watch whistlin on a loop over him.  

He's annoying as all hell. One day car A is the best ever, two days later he flip flops and car B is the best. 

A quack of the highest order and that voice is like chalk on a black board 

21 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Mines better on those secondary roads than it is on the highway, probably because I’m usually going 75-85 on the highway.  50-60 seems to be the honey hole for economy.

my ecoboost is the same.   flat roads at 50-60 it gets decent mileage 75 it drops like a rock.  with 10 speeds they should be able to make it loaf at 75 IMO with the amount of roads posted 65+ in this country

Problem with speed is aerodynamics. When speed doubles, air resistance goes up 4X. The difference in power required to hold at 75 compared to 50 mph is a lot more than you would think. Especially with something like a truck, compared to a smaller, more aerodynamic car.