2021 XC 600

Allyammies

22 minutes ago, Allyammies said:

Would I be happy with a XC 600? I currently ride a 2014 Viper. Not sure if I will be happy with the power.

What type of riding do you do?  Trail, aggressive trail, lakes?  Any 600 will still run around 100MPH and if your looking for handling the 600 being lighter will be easier to handle and maneuver. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Allyammies said:

Trail ride Mercer area, Calumet UP, Buehl MN areas. Do not do a bunch of lake riding. The 850's running about $3,000 more just trying to justify myself for not snowchecking.

Your going to have a different power band where your sled is more of a low RPM torque motor the 600 is a higher RPM motor.  The 600 has been around a long time and is a good motor but it is dated.  Just my opinion you would be better looking for a 650.  Your now current with the motor and other improvements and in the Matrix chassis.  I ride in some of the same areas and with the railroad grades and forest roads around the Mercer and Calumet the 650 would fit those areas better, not saying the 600 wouldn't work fine.

I have not ridden the 650, but have ridden a 2020 Indy SP with 600 Cleanfire.  The fuelie 600 feels about the same, powerwise, compared to my carb’d 600.  But it runs good, and that engine has proven reliability.  It’s a good engine and a good chassis, imo.

Edited by p51mstg

If my memory isn't too old, wasn't that Viper the same as the Cat version of the ZR7000?  We're talking, something like 130 horsepower or close to it?  If that's correct, I think power wise you're not TOO much different overall, but it's different delivery.  If you don't care about running WOT for miles on end and are primarily on the trails, that Indy will be just fine ... actually, I'd say it will be really good (and an upgrade over the Viper).  I rode the ZR7000 and power wise, I wasn't that impressed with it compared to my 800cc sleds and the power it did have was pretty much offset by the weight of it.  With the Indy, you're going to have a machine that you can throw it around much easier when pushing it hard on the tight and twisty trails & the power will surprise you (in a good way).  The 600 mill from Polaris, combined with the newer chassis, is a fantastic trail sled.  Honestly, I think any of the 600-class sleds would be an upgrade over the Viper.

In a perfect world, I do agree the option of going with the 650 is even better ... but the 600 Indy isn't exactly a downgrade from that Viper.  I'm confident you'd be happy with the Indy (or a ZR600 or a Doo600 for that matter). 

• Like 1

I agree with both  Doug and Bontz, and yes Bontz Viper = Zr7000.     The Viper  with stock clutching isn't much for topend. The 600  will  easily equal the Viper there. The 600 won't get the fuel mileage the Viper will. If you are a casual rider the 600 is fine. The 650 is a big step up from either the Viper or XC600.