Over priced sleds

5 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Are bravos made of gold? Wtf is with these crazy prices on bravos 😂 

Well the ones posted here are ridiculous,  bravo's do have a somewhat cult following and are kinda spendy for what they are.

• Like 1

Probably popular with people like trappers. Don't need to go fast. Super reliable and simple. Narrow, so fits through places a bigger sled won't, lightweight. I think they are air cooled, so good in low snow. 

Probably a good workhorse for that task, for small money, compared to something like an Expedition or a Titan. 

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Are bravos made of gold? Wtf is with these crazy prices on bravos 😂 

The trick is finding one with a good track.  If it has a junk track, you can just as well part out the sled unless the GB Distributing place out of Quebec is making new tracks for them.  

$7,000 for a 7 year old 600 with 3700 miles on it! :lol:

For comparison, I paid $6250 for mine when it was 2 years old but only ridden one season, half the mileage, 1 year newer so Team Clutches, junk ripsaw replaced with Cobra, spare belt, and a cover.  This ones got a poorly studded ripsaw, Cat clutches, some "upgraded" factory skis, CBoys stickers, and the registration numbers written on the side panels with a permanent marker.  Oh, and it's got an upgraded 4 wheel kit that everyone seems to need to have even though my stocker is at 8500 miles and the bearings still feel new.  

image.thumb.png.e081c9c41c21277ad777bcaac1c4d7ce.png

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

$7,000 for a 7 year old 600 with 3700 miles on it! :lol:

For comparison, I paid $6250 for mine when it was 2 years old but only ridden one season, half the mileage, 1 year newer so Team Clutches, junk ripsaw replaced with Cobra, spare belt, and a cover.  This ones got a poorly studded ripsaw, Cat clutches, some "upgraded" factory skis, CBoys stickers, and the registration numbers written on the side panels with a permanent marker.  Oh, and it's got an upgraded 4 wheel kit that everyone seems to need to have even though my stocker is at 8500 miles and the bearings still feel new.  

image.thumb.png.e081c9c41c21277ad777bcaac1c4d7ce.png

Pretty much every single zr4000rr I see is still priced higher than when I could have bought them brand new.  7 years later.  I kick myself for not getting one when they were on sale.  I could have rode it for 7 years and still made money on it.  That would have been a huge win.

26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Pretty much every single zr4000rr I see is still priced higher than when I could have bought them brand new.  7 years later.  I kick myself for not getting one when they were on sale.  I could have rode it for 7 years and still made money on it.  That would have been a huge win.

Mad I sold the boys.  Figured another deal would roll around and then Covid.  Aargh.

Must be more and more Polaris mountain sleds showing up now. You know, the ones where these jackoffs ordered 2 or 3 of them and now they are trying to sell off the extra sleds for more money? Just saw a 155 turbo RMK on there for $28k. That’s probably the third or fourth one of those I’ve seen this week. 

I see a bunch of used Axys chassis mountain sleds showing up for sale now too that people are getting their snow checks in. Top dollar being asked for those too. As more and more snow checks show up, I think the used sled prices will start to tank. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

Well, I overpaid by about 2k last week on a 1500km Freeride.  I don’t mind really, cause I blew out my knee, and riding a snowbike right now is not a good idea. I also have very little free time, and I live not far from the trail and can ride out of the garage. It also helps I’m getting 12% returns for next 6 months. So I guess it’s guys like me that are overpaying. Hopefully money can buy happiness.  Ha

F3D2E727-DCB5-4946-BD53-556E17912A50.jpeg

17 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Well, I overpaid by about 2k last week on a 1500km Freeride.  I don’t mind really, cause I blew out my knee, and riding a snowbike right now is not a good idea. I also have very little free time, and I live not far from the trail and can ride out of the garage. It also helps I’m getting 12% returns for next 6 months. So I guess it’s guys like me that are overpaying. Hopefully money can buy happiness.  Ha

F3D2E727-DCB5-4946-BD53-556E17912A50.jpeg

The question, philosophical maybe, is, did you really overpay?  The prices are what the market dictates.  And it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Crazy times!  But, I’m selling at end of season so, I hope it stays crazy.  Nothing like making money to ride a sled for a year.  I’ve never had that happen!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The question, philosophical maybe, is, did you really overpay?  The prices are what the market dictates.  And it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Crazy times!  But, I’m selling at end of season so, I hope it stays crazy.  Nothing like making money to ride a sled for a year.  I’ve never had that happen!

“What the market is willing to pay”  - been hearing this in real estate a lot.  Funny thing is I sold house this summer, and the agent kept telling me I wouldn’t get my magic number.  Haha - hold my beer...

46 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

“What the market is willing to pay”  - been hearing this in real estate a lot.  Funny thing is I sold house this summer, and the agent kept telling me I wouldn’t get my magic number.  Haha - hold my beer...

This is a weird time.  I don’t understand how these houses are getting appraised for this amount and don’t understand how people are paying these prices for them.  It’s full on crazy in this area.  I smh everyday…..as I’m looking for a nice parcel and laugh when I see what they are asking….only to see it go under contract the next day.  Wtf?

On 12/27/2021 at 8:57 AM, Zambroski said:

This is a weird time.  I don’t understand how these houses are getting appraised for this amount and don’t understand how people are paying these prices for them.  It’s full on crazy in this area.  I smh everyday…..as I’m looking for a nice parcel and laugh when I see what they are asking….only to see it go under contract the next day.  Wtf?

The world has gone stark raving mad.  

Screenshot_20211228-091529.png

• Like 1

The fact is alot of these things are selling.  Why?   Where were these crazy buyers all along before this?  Is it just new money people being stupid with their money?

I think it's just a sign of the impending collapse.  If people don't see this as a bubble, they're crazy.  Not just this industry, our economy as a whole.  It's fucked.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The fact is alot of these things are selling.  Why?   Where were these crazy buyers all along before this?  Is it just new money people being stupid with their money?

I think it's just a sign of the impending collapse.  If people don't see this as a bubble, they're crazy.  Not just this industry, our economy as a whole.  It's fucked.  

This is what happens when two presidents, the House and Senate, the Treasury and Federal Reserve inject SIX TRILLION dollars of borrowed $ into the US economy via a 'stimulus' we didn't need and the financial markets. 

Enjoy the remaining days of Greece kids.  ;)

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

"I see you're from Clearwater, MN.  Sure seems to me the water you're drinking is anything but clear!"

No shit!  “Hey, are you open for interesting trades?”  :lol:

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I think the shortage of snow checks being delivered and what is shaping up to be an interesting winter is making people think short sighted….as usual.

I hope it stays this way though.  I’ll ride my sled then sell it and make good money at the end of the season.  That never happens for me.